Welcome, Guest
General Discussions about ComicRack for iOS

TOPIC: Syncing comic CBZs down to the desktop app

Syncing comic CBZs down to the desktop app 3 years 9 months ago #40181

• CodeThief
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

Is ComicRack supposed to sync comics down from the iPad to the desktop, or just the metadata associated with them? I have a load of comics on my iPad which aren't in the the desktop application's library and I was hoping when I did a sync that it would copy them down to my desktop. This doesn't happen and it means that my iPad has more comics than my desktop library.

Is that what's supposed to happen, or not? If not, can it be added as a feature?

Also, the app hasn't had any updates for months, is it abandoned? Have I just paid £5.50 for a dead app?

Thanks
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by CodeThief.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Syncing comic CBZs down to the desktop app 3 years 9 months ago #40182

• Fuzzyluzzi
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 48
As fun as it is to see all my apps constantly getting updates. Cyo has done a great job updating the apps after they have been tested. He seems to follow the idea of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

That I know of, the copying of comics is 1 way. Should be easy enough to copy them from your ipad to desktop and load them into your library (correct me if I'm wrong, I have android). This is only for synced items. A person always has the option to manually add comics to your device, but that isn't controlled by sync, so you have to add or delete them on your own and the read progress isn't tracked through the desktop app.

Syncing comic CBZs down to the desktop app 3 years 9 months ago #40183

• CodeThief
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the reply.

It's not really about getting fun new updates, more about fixing things like the crashing bug which has already hit me 3-4 times randomly in the week I've been using the app.

Thankfully my iPad is jailbroken so I can find a way to copy the CBZs back down to the desktop but then what will happen to the metadata the next time I sync? Will the desktop app see them as newer files than the ones on the iPad and lose my reading positions? We'll see I guess! :)

Syncing comic CBZs down to the desktop app 3 years 9 months ago #40186

• spynotebook
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
I would get everything off your iPad using a jailbroken method and then import them all into ComicRack. Then, sync to your ipad. I bet you see items twice but you can delete the older ones. That would be safer than deleting and then discovering there is a syncing issue.

Syncing comic CBZs down to the desktop app 3 years 9 months ago #40187

• CodeThief
  • Fresh Boarder
I'll definitely be doing that, but it's handy to be able to download CBZs(legally I might add!) directly using a Safari download plugin whilst I'm away from my PC and not need to get them on the desktop first.

I appreciate that if this isn't normal behaviour for iPad users then it wouldn't be added as a feature, but wouldn't the same thing happen if you dragged comics in via iTunes that weren't in the desktop library?
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by CodeThief.
Moderators: crios
Time to create page: 0.286 seconds

Who's Online

We have 327 guests and 3 members online