Welcome, Guest
General Discussions about ComicRack for iOS

TOPIC: iOS - Preserving Position / Reading order on synced lists

iOS - Preserving Position / Reading order on synced lists 3 years 3 days ago #41713

• sf07
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi - I'm loving ComicRack and the integration with the Windows App. It really is the perfect system for me to manage my library and read on-the-go.

One significant frustration I have that I haven't been able to find a solution for - I have some lists that are intended to preserve a specific reading order of comics. An example would be a cross-over series between multiple titles. I have no problem syncing the list to my iPad, but I am unable to find a way to sort the comics in a way that preserves the original position on the list in ComicRack for Windows.

Am I just missing something silly?

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

iOS - Preserving Position / Reading order on synced lists 2 years 9 months ago #42138

• pax0707
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Disable "sort by" option and it will use the order in the list while syncing.
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by pax0707.

iOS - Preserving Position / Reading order on synced lists 2 years 9 months ago #42149

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 263
This can acually get quite complex depending on how your list is formed.

You can achive this with multiple methods:

Via smartlists by use of Alternative Series
Via an all purpose unordered reading list again using Alternative Series
Via an ordered reading list using Position

It is often quicker and more reliable to use Alternative Series and then Autonumber the Alternative Number field. You can then sync using the Alternative Series and then find the list in iOS from the 'Story' view and select order by Story.

One of the reasons I prefer this method is I dont have to keep the Reading List when I am done. I can always recreate them via smartlists. Also, I catalogue my crossovers and events using custom fields so again I can just create a Smart List and autonumber it if I want to read it.
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by jkthemac.
Moderators: crios
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Who's Online

We have 235 guests and 3 members online