Welcome, Guest
General Discussions about ComicRack for iOS

TOPIC: Copying folders to my iPad

Copying folders to my iPad 2 years 7 months ago #42062

• mrjayviper
  • Fresh Boarder
I just bought an iPad and one of the main things I do on a tablet is to read comics. I have been using the android version and the Android app can read comics (in my case CBR files) even if they were inside a subfolder.

e.g.

<main-comics-folder> (I selected this folder during Android app setup)
<batman>
<batman2014>
batman2014-1.cbr
batman2014-2.cbr

<superman>
<action-comics2014>
action2014-1.cbr
action2014-2.cbr

The folder structure about is not a problem with the Android app.

I copied some folders to the comic rack app using iTunes and reloaded the library from within the iOS comic rack, nothing happens.

I guess my question is: does the iOS version support CBR files inside subfolders?

Thanks
Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by mrjayviper.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Copying folders to my iPad 2 years 7 months ago #42070

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 253
I would strongly recommend not even trying to copy the files directly using iTunes. Sync is the way to go, and is well worth the time setting it up.

In general the iPad hides folder structures from the user and even many apps. It is not designed with sub-folders in mind, plus it can be very picky on file types. The sync option sorts out the files and converts the files on the fly.

If I want to copy actual files across to my iPad I use Comic Glass which is better designed for this purpose, allows me to access my NAS from within the app wherever I am in the world and I can also stream comics. Its my backup for when I suddenly want to check on an issue that I havn't pre-synced.

Copying folders to my iPad 8 months 3 weeks ago #47058

• sanawarraj
  • Fresh Boarder
Use of Comic Glass to copy actual files accross the ipad. I also suggest you to use it which design only that purpose.
Moderators: crios
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds

Who's Online

We have 302 guests and 7 members online