Welcome, Guest
General Discussions about ComicRack for iOS

TOPIC: Main features desired

Main features desired 1 year 5 days ago #46147

• jupham
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
I don't have any word from CYO yet on something official but I really want to pick up this project for iOS. The previous person to do the iOS version hasn't been active here in some time and I don't have much hope of getting the code from them to continue so I'm thinking this might be a from scratch project. That being said, what are the main features people want from Comic Rack on iOS? For me I know it is the syncing between Comic Rack and the mobile versions but beyond that, what are some of the features you guys want in a comic reader? The more I know, the better app I can put together
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Main features desired 1 year 5 days ago #46149

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 247
For me the biggest feature lacking is the ability to browse the remote library and add books to existing lists. This would make it possible to read any book in your library from the iPad by adding a book into a currently synced list and then syncing to make it available for reading.

The ability to mark page types as you are reading is also something I would love.

The strangest issue with the iPad version if you ever get the chance to look at the current code, is when you go to the next book, after reaching the end of a book, it seems to load the pages from the end of the book not the start. I think it is keeping a placeholder variable at the old value instead of resetting for the new book.
Last Edit: 1 year 5 days ago by jkthemac.

Main features desired 7 months 1 week ago #46927

This is sort-of a feature I'd desire. I say sort-of, because it is part of the basic functionality of it, and would require coordination with dev of the main app too.

But instead of having the Server (CRW) be the one to initiate pairing, have it be similar to Bluetooth. Meaning both have to be broadcasting and recieving, and have a simple 4-6 character pin to finalize it on both ends.
Moderators: crios
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Who's Online

We have 259 guests and 5 members online