Welcome, Guest
General Discussions about ComicRack for iOS

TOPIC: Is there ANY chance of this app being picked up? How can we make this happen?

Is there ANY chance of this app being picked up? How can we make this happen? 7 months 3 weeks ago #47206

By far the best thing I do on my iPad is read comics on the ComicRack app, and easily, automatically sync to get the next batch that fit my criteria. No other app combination to my knowledge comes anywhere close to ComicRack/Win and ComicRack/iOS.

But ComicRack iOS is abandonware, and will cease to function at all under iOS 11. And when ComicRack/iOS dies, ComicRack/Win becomes far less valuable as well. There HAS TO be a way to get this app updated, either by cyo or by a new developer. Especially in this new age of app store subscriptions, this is a valuable property being squandered.

What can we do to get someone to do this? What will it take to not have the best comic app die from pure neglect?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Is there ANY chance of this app being picked up? How can we make this happen? 7 months 3 weeks ago #47207

• rovox
  • Fresh Boarder
Reading comics with this application on iPad is virtually the only thing that makes my commute tolerable, and I agree there's a huge missed opportunity here by not at least doing the do diligence of updating it to 64bit so it will still function come the end of the year when iOS 11 inevitably drops support for this aging application.

I'm actively working on finding an alternative to the ComicRack ecosystem entirely but, alas, it still reigns supreme. The smart sorting, and syncable lists alone make it virtually one of a kind. Maybe we, the Brethren of the Abandoned ComicRack for iOS, can petition the guys who make Chunky Reader to include ComicRack support. Then at least cYo can stop hearing us complain that the app hasn't been touched since 2014.

From what I can tell he just doesn't care about support for Mac and iOS, and thus is totally fine with letting this app fade. :(

Is there ANY chance of this app being picked up? How can we make this happen? 7 months 3 weeks ago #47217

• krandor
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
There was somebody on here who wanted to take it over, but haven't been abel to get in touch with cyo about it.

Is there ANY chance of this app being picked up? How can we make this happen? 7 months 3 weeks ago #47219

• huffj
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
I see that cYo last posted about seven months ago saying the project is not dead. That was quite a long time ago, but I really, really hope this thing can be resuscitated.
CRiOS is one of my top reasons for even owning an iPad. I understand life makes us reprioritize other things. Or, maybe the project just isn't interesting anymore. But at least hand it off to the community (open source or paid) to continue development.

Is there ANY chance of this app being picked up? How can we make this happen? 7 months 3 weeks ago #47220

• krandor
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
huffj wrote:
I see that cYo last posted about seven months ago saying the project is not dead. That was quite a long time ago, but I really, really hope this thing can be resuscitated.
CRiOS is one of my top reasons for even owning an iPad. I understand life makes us reprioritize other things. Or, maybe the project just isn't interesting anymore. But at least hand it off to the community (open source or paid) to continue development.

Sam here. I got an iPad Pro mainly for readng comics and rthe bgi screen works wonderful for that purpose.

Is there ANY chance of this app being picked up? How can we make this happen? 7 months 6 days ago #47274

• mcpierce
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Is there any activity at all on either the desktop or iPad front?

As of the latest iOS update (10.3.1) starting CRiOS says the app won't work well with the new OS. I would love to hear that the developer(s) could at least give us an updated recompile against the latest iOS...
Check out The Comic Book Update podcast!
www.comicbookupdate.com/

Is there ANY chance of this app being picked up? How can we make this happen? 7 months 5 days ago #47288

• pancakels
  • Fresh Boarder
cYo logged in on april 2nd so he's still alive. that's something.

Is there ANY chance of this app being picked up? How can we make this happen? 7 months 4 days ago #47291

• disolomon
  • Fresh Boarder
Fingers crossed that cYo has the time and is willing to update the app. Having searched around for other options, ComicRack is still the best thing out there.
Moderators: crios
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Who's Online

We have 303 guests and 7 members online