Welcome, Guest
General Discussions about ComicRack for iOS

TOPIC: Now iOS 11 is here is there any alternative to comic rack or any upgrade coming?

Now iOS 11 is here is there any alternative to comic rack or any upgrade coming? 2 months 3 weeks ago #48210

• the_darkknight
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Guys,
Know the developers are probably over all the questions about "is ComicRack going to be updated to 64 bit for iOS 11" and now that is actually out I'm guessing it won't be :( :ohmy: :( so I'm after suggestions for an alternative. My biggest issue is that I love the synchronisation with the windows app :woohoo: . I can use the Windows app to easily manage, sort my comics into series, delete duplicates and find and add data to them etc. Then it is easy from within the windows app to choose what comics I want to sync with the iOS app :cheer: . Tick a few boxes on the windows app and my iPad is quickly updated while all the files stay sorted on my computer
Are there any apps out there that can do this or am I stuck with uploading my comics to the cloud :( or copying them individually into an app :( ?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Now iOS 11 is here is there any alternative to comic rack or any upgrade coming? 2 months 3 weeks ago #48213

• spynotebook
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
A lot of us are running Ubooquity in conjunction with Chunky on the iPad. I am still looking for an option to sync smart lists. Other than physically copying files to a new folder based on the list, I have not figured that out yet.

I will say that something in the pro column for this setup is that I have full access to my library via web or Chunky.

Now iOS 11 is here is there any alternative to comic rack or any upgrade coming? 2 months 3 weeks ago #48215

• the_darkknight
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Yeah Spynotebook I've looked at those options and they seem ok but.....
I'd really like something to sync like I could with ComicRack I could easily set up a list of a title I wanted to read and then it was just a couple of checkboxes to limit the number of comics and another one to sync only unread comics :) . Like I could choose to sync the 2015 series of Batman limit it to five copies and only new, so if I'd read issues 1,2,3,4 it would sync issues 5,6,7,8, and 9 to my iPad. When I'd read issues 5 and 6 it was just a matter of resyncing and it removed those issues and synced issues 7,8,9,10 and 11 to my iPad. This was how I was catching back up on series I was years behind in :silly: and not taking up excessive space on my iPad

Now iOS 11 is here is there any alternative to comic rack or any upgrade coming? 2 months 3 weeks ago #48223

• disolomon
  • Fresh Boarder
I have searched, as have a lot of other people. I still haven't found one that will sync unread books only. Until then, I am going to try and hold out on the iOS upgrade.

Fingers crossed a 64 bit update arrives.

Now iOS 11 is here is there any alternative to comic rack or any upgrade coming? 2 months 3 weeks ago #48224

• spynotebook
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
I went ahead and upgraded last night. I had forgotten how well compression worked in ComicRack because comics in Chunky are taking up a lot more space. I just exported my unread pull list to a single folder and downloaded it all to the new reader. It was sad but I really do like iOS 11 and Chunky.

Now iOS 11 is here is there any alternative to comic rack or any upgrade coming? 2 months 3 weeks ago #48228

• pax0707
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I've been using Chunky since I updated to 11 and tbh transition wasn't as painful as I thought it would be.
Yes, it's much more manual but everything still works.

Download new comics to temp folder, upload to iPad via web interface, sort to proper folders, delete from iPad when read.
Works good enough.

Now iOS 11 is here is there any alternative to comic rack or any upgrade coming? 2 months 2 weeks ago #48230

• NoDruid
  • Fresh Boarder
Anyone tried YacReader? Looks like it could be an alternative at least under iOS.

It also has a public Bitbucket Repository so, maybe some people who can code could help make an Android Version in collaboration with the creator.
Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by NoDruid.
Moderators: crios
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Who's Online

We have 211 guests and 2 members online