Welcome, Guest
Discussion about the current prerelease (non market) version of ComicRack
  • Page:

TOPIC: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.4 Beta

ComicRack for iOS 0.9.4 Beta 4 years 8 months ago #29870

• crios
  • Thank you received: 80
## ComicRack 0.9.4 - February 11, 2013

* Fixed sync with ComicRack 0.9.162 Windows.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.4 Beta 4 years 8 months ago #29873

Ah! Syncing works much better!!! I was able to get successful syncs on low-volume lists, will try larger ones next.

However, a few issues remain:
-if the iPad is not paired and doesn't show up in CRWin, I need to kill app on ipad, then shows in CRWIN. sounds like a cache or process is not dying on CRIOS correctly?
-Ratings and reviews not "Feeding back" to CRWin. I suspect read status is doing the same though I haven't tried it yet
-Lists not being preserved. On CRDROID they would show under the "All eComics" view, are they somewhere else now?
-Reload library should occur automatically after a sync

EDIT: Spoke too soon. Added a non-smartlist with 3 books and the sync died silently. hopefully the crash report helps. Also, it seems to be removing books from CRIOS despite nothing having changed to the book (neither metadata nor raw file changes). Seems like you could save a mountain of sync work by checking both of these time stamps since last sync, though that may involve CRWIN changes

EDIT 2: Unpaired and repaired device. Multiple repairing and resyncing issues. Noticing that most happen under these situations (or some combination thereof):
-Syncing lists with large numbers of books
-Resyncing books after review/rating data has been saved in CRIOS
-Syncing non-smartlists
-Syncing books that are large file size/resolution (>50MB, 1920 or higher width)

Of course, it could all just be coincidental :P

EDIT 3: I'm officially giving up until a new build/more info. Hopefully you're getting all the crash reports.
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by DouglasBubbletrousers.

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.4 Beta 4 years 8 months ago #29881

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Thanks for all the new versions...really appreciate all the hard work you are putting in. :)
crios wrote:
> I can't sync. Not-at-all.

600WPMPO, please make sure that you have a WLAN connection. In the logs, I see your device reports that wifi is not available.
I still can't sync.

I have a router that gives my PC a wired connection & my iPad a wi-fi connection. I turn on wifi on my iPad only when I try to sync. Many-a-times, I try to sync with the PC by simply connecting to the PC via USB (with the wifi turned off). Currently, my PC cannot see any connected device, no matter what.

Please help me if I need to change my setup, or make any changes in the router settings. :unsure:

p.s. It is my humble opinion that a USB sync feature should take priority (in implementation in a beta software) over a wifi sync.
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by 600WPMPO.

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.4 Beta 4 years 8 months ago #29884

Any time I've tried to sync, I've had the ipad connected via USB. Did you try pairing and syncing while this was connected? Also try killing the app on the iPad (double click the home button, tap and hold on the icon for CR on the bottom row that pops up and use the red X) then try pairing again.

Does Windows alert you you've connected the iPad at all? ( a pop up, it shows in My Computer, it shows in itunes)?

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.4 Beta 4 years 8 months ago #29895

• crios
> Ratings and reviews not "Feeding back" to CRWin. I suspect read status is doing the same though I haven't tried it yet

This is supposed to work. Will try to find the cause and fix in an upcoming build.

> Lists not being preserved. On CRDROID they would show under the "All eComics" view, are they somewhere else now?

The synced lists have their own "category". Tap the "..." button on the lower left and then tap on "Sync" in the appearing popup.

> Reload library should occur automatically after a sync

Will be implemented in an upcoming build.

> Also, it seems to be removing books from CRIOS despite nothing having changed to the book (neither metadata nor raw file changes).

The sync protocol is mandated by CRWIN.

I'm going through the logs and try to find the causes for the issues you are experiencing. Please stand by...

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.4 Beta 4 years 8 months ago #29896

• crios
> I still can't sync.
> Please help me if I need to change my setup, or make any changes in the router settings.

First, CRIOS only supports WI-FI sync, there is no support for USB sync (well, except for copying files with iTunes).

Second, the computer where CRWIN is running needs to have port 7615 opened for incoming connections in the firewall (if there is a firewall).

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.4 Beta 4 years 8 months ago #29898

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
crios wrote:
>
First, CRIOS only supports WI-FI sync, there is no support for USB sync (well, except for copying files with iTunes).

But you need to pair the ipad to CRW before you can do that, right? And to pair the ipad you need to connect it via USB to the PC running CRW... no?

If this is right, I cannot get CRW to recognize my ipad2(iOS 6.1)for pairing (Win7x64). Is there some optimum order to do things, like: CRIOS & CRW closed / connect ipad / launch CRW / launch CRIOS (needed?)...

I don't know, I simply cannot get the pairing done, so no wonder about syncing! If it helps, when I connect the ipad to the PC I get the window from WIN7 recognizing that a device is inserted and asks me what I want to do... itunes does not start automatically.

Thanks.

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.4 Beta 4 years 8 months ago #29902

• mizio66
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Started reading comics at 4... and still counting!
  • Thank you received: 143
I always paired the iPad using only WiFi... try unpairing (if you had already paired once) and restart (closing!) both CRIOS and CRWIN. USB cable doesn't affect this IMO.

I have a rule in Win firewall to allow all connections, UDP and TCP for CRWIN inbound. Also it may be needed to trim a bit the router ports, in some cases...

I would suggest to search for some tutorials in this case, e.g. those for eMule explain very well the procedures on how to open ports in any router and firewall.

Another possibility is to exclude the CRWIN folder from the Antivirus.

Anyhow, synch is not working 100% of the times yet. Synch stops indefinitely in CRIOS and gives the standard 7614 port error in CRWIN most of the times, either starting to synch in CRIOS or CRWIN. I didn't experience lots of crashed in CRIOS lately, still some though (you'll get

The strange behavior i still see is the fact that first looks like it is deleting comics and then re-adding them, even if the comics are not touched in CRWIN. No specific album seems to be the culprit though.

On Zoom, I cannot, despite 600's comments, manage to have a fixed zoom. What i do is to enlarge the image on CRIOS until the white border of the page is almost disappeared then when i try to change page... it gets to the part zoom, showing a part of the same page, without changing it. I tried all preset zoom in CRIOS (buttons on top right).

And sometimes, the thumbnails are screwed and need to clear cache, otherwise it even crashes CRIOS...

Thanks for the help!!

M

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.4 Beta 4 years 8 months ago #29903

• crios
Thanks mizio66, I will take some parts of your last post and create a new post "How sync works in CRIOS" :)

> The strange behavior i still see is the fact that first looks like it is deleting comics and then re-adding them, even if the comics are not touched in CRWIN. No specific album seems to be the culprit though.

Well, that not strange behavior, that is intendet. This is the way sync works. It is mandated by CRWIN.

> On Zoom, I cannot, despite 600's comments, manage to have a fixed zoom. What i do is to enlarge the image on CRIOS until the white border of the page is almost disappeared then when i try to change page... it gets to the part zoom, showing a part of the same page, without changing it. I tried all preset zoom in CRIOS (buttons on top right).

You mean you wanted to change the page, but it did stay at the same page? Is it a single page or a double page? Are you in single-page mode or in double-page mode?

> And sometimes, the thumbnails are screwed and need to clear cache, otherwise it even crashes CRIOS...

When this issue arises, do you see any thumbnails at all? Or are they garbled?

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.4 Beta 4 years 8 months ago #29906

If you're on wifi, there *should* be no reason to reconfigure ports. I'd try making sure any firewall program you have is set up to allow CRWIN and Bonjour to always allow connections. Also, try turning off your firewall all together just to test and see if that's the problem.

Sounds like we need to talk to cYo about the sync issues. It seems like a big win would be reducing the volume of books coming through the sync when they don't need to be.
  • Page:
Moderators: crios
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Who's Online

We have 270 guests and 6 members online