Welcome, Guest
Discussion about the current prerelease (non market) version of ComicRack
  • Page:

TOPIC: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.5 Beta

ComicRack for iOS 0.9.5 Beta 4 years 8 months ago #29937

• crios
  • Thank you received: 80
## ComicRack 0.9.5 - February 12, 2013

* Display progress when loading library at app launch.
* Prevent display of deleted pages.
* Fixed sync of information and reading state metadata.
* Clear caches before reloading library.
* Experimental version excluding the TestFlight SDK.
The topic has been locked.

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.5 Beta 4 years 8 months ago #29939

• crios
This build is experimental. It is quite hard to track down your sync issues. The logs are not helping much, unfortunately. It would be great if you could try out this version and post if you still get crashes during sync. I want to rule out that the TestFlight SDK is interfering with sync.

Thanks for your help!

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.5 Beta 4 years 8 months ago #29944

Still getting crashes when transfering more than, say, 30 books or so. However, it is syncing again without unpairing, which it wasn't before.

Still having issues transfering non-smart lists. Will experiment more and see if I can narrow down this issue

Data is feeding back to CRWin from the app properly now!

UPDATE: When the sync started again, it starts from scratch. So I get aboout 30-50 books in and it crashes at different points. I wonder if it's not "commiting" the data about the books it's syncing until the end of the sync (and, since it's not reaching the end of the sync, it doesn't know what it's done and starts from scratch)? This would be a CRWIN issue

And on a subsequent crash, I can't get the app to start up (crashes as it tries to reload the library). Deleting app, reinstalling and trying again

UPDATE 2: Crash during sync and now can't get past start up screen. May be a specific book, but this build's basically DOA for me at this point. Getting closer each time, though!
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by DouglasBubbletrousers.

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.5 Beta 4 years 8 months ago #29945

I think I tracked down which list had whatever book that was causing the crash and removed it. I'm syncing the rest. It does periodically crash the app, but major progress was made in my mind in that after the crash, it resumes and picks up where it's left off. The only exception to this are 3 or 4 books in the lists that always are removed and reloaded. I haven't touched anything about the book on either side of the sync, so it's quite odd.

I've also got it to work with some non-smartlists, so it does make me think this is an issue with the sync/app not handling certain files well. More details as I come across them, but for the first time I've got a stable, repeatable sync! :)

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.5 Beta 4 years 8 months ago #29947

• mizio66
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Started reading comics at 4... and still counting!
  • Thank you received: 143
I confirm most of the things that Bubble expresses up here...

- It crashed in CRIOS, impossible to restart it, kept on crashing at 80% of library reload. Tried to clear cache, no joy. So, i had to delete/reinstall. This is now consistent, happens every time.

- Is it me or the pairing 'code' changed after the reinstall ? I had to unpair/pair again and the iPad code looked different to the previous time...

- I have 18 comics i try to synch, always the same, untouched in CRWIN, placed in a list (not smart). Synch has no consistent behavior, sometimes synchs a book sometimes not... so I cannot pin it down.

- I confirm the fact that it tries to synch every time most of the books... as I said, untouched in CRWIN. Even if 1 or 2 can be with a % read in CRIOS, it takes too long, IMO, to just synch the read %...

- I tried to understand the sequence of synch. It is always the same and i think it's by Group of Series (alpha) but each time only one in each group. Like: Series A-1, Series B-1, C, D, Series A-2, Series B-2, Series B-3. Is it normal ?

- With also the help iFunBox I tried to understand more. I found out that, removing from CRIOS Sync folder the .sync file makes CRIOS work (it won't crash...if I leave it there, it will crash).
EDIT: when CRIOS crashes and the .sync remains in the iPad folder, CRWIn keeps on synching uselessly and even if aborting manual tasks the spinning icon in CRWIN keeps going and no synch is possible unless closing CRIOs and restarting it.

- I kept on removing the one failing... i found out then that it is not the album failing: I removed the .sync from CRIOS and resynched... this time it got also the one failing before and noticed that only some of the album get fully resynched, most have just the .xml file updated in CRIOS.
- I had a successful synch, but 2 of the albums were not synched, both Italians: is there a reason behind ? :-D
- I removed ALL albums but those 2 and synched: it just removed all but no synch of those 2 !!! I sent them to your gmail account to check. No synch error, btw.
EDIT: found out why... they were read :-) so all good.

Phew... i made some test, did I ?

I hope it helps,

cheers!

M
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by mizio66.

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.5 Beta 4 years 8 months ago #29951

mizio66 wrote:
I confirm most of the things that Bubble expresses up here...
Actually, it sounds like we're having pretty different experiences. Allow me to correct what's different below...
mizio66 wrote:
- It crashed in CRIOS, impossible to restart it, kept on crashing at 80% of library reload. Tried to clear cache, no joy. So, i had to delete/reinstall. This is now consistent, happens every time.

Once I cleared the bad book, I didn't see this aqain.
mizio66 wrote:
- I have 18 comics i try to synch, always the same, untouched in CRWIN, placed in a list (not smart). Synch has no consistent behavior, sometimes synchs a book sometimes not... so I cannot pin it down.

I'm consistently getting good syncs now.
mizio66 wrote:
- I confirm the fact that it tries to synch every time most of the books... as I said, untouched in CRWIN. Even if 1 or 2 can be with a % read in CRIOS, it takes too long, IMO, to just synch the read %...

I've pinned down that it only always syncs about 4 or 5 books out of 100

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.5 Beta 4 years 8 months ago #29952

Just wanted to confirm that read books are successfully updated and removed the app cleanly. New books from today synced in properly. I did have a crash, but another sync successfully completed the remainder.

This may be a dumb question but... is there simply a time out/time limit set somewhere? or an iOS memory leak that dumps the app?

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.5 Beta 4 years 8 months ago #29954

• mizio66
  • Platinum Boarder
One thing i noticed... another :-) the gear wheel in CRIOS is not spinning anymore now when synching ?

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.5 Beta 4 years 8 months ago #29955

• crios
> It crashed in CRIOS, impossible to restart it, kept on crashing at 80% of library reload. Tried to clear cache, no joy. So, i had to delete/reinstall. This is now consistent, happens every time.

This bug has been identified. Will be fixed in the next build.

> Is it me or the pairing 'code' changed after the reinstall ? I had to unpair/pair again and the iPad code looked different to the previous time...

That seems to be the case. I'm looking into it and provide a fix asap.

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.5 Beta 4 years 8 months ago #29957

• mizio66
  • Platinum Boarder
more... as the strange behavior of deleting most of comics from CRIOS before copying them back is till going on, i suppose this is also the reason why the read% synch is not working in the direction CRIO-> CRWIN but only viceversa...
This is really (the fact that every time it synchs almost all comics again), obviously i do not forget this is a beta, the strangest and most annoying thing happening... i am sure that if you catch the culprit here, most of the synch errors will disappear too...

anyhow, progress is visible... i am really looking forward for the next build!

M
  • Page:
Moderators: crios
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Who's Online

We have 225 guests and 5 members online