• Page:

TOPIC: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.7 Beta

ComicRack for iOS 0.9.7 Beta 4 years 8 months ago #30088

• crios
  • Thank you received: 80
## ComicRack 0.9.7 - February 17, 2013

* Escape xml entities when writing xml.
* Reset progress before and after sync.
* Avoid unnecessary writing of metadata when reloading library.
* Improved reading and writing of date/time-metadata.
* Re-added TestFlight SDK.
* Fixed selection of sort/stack/filter in tool popup when displayed from a stack.
* Update comic in library view before changing to a different comic in reader view.
* Return to library view when navigating beyond the first or last comic in the reader view.
* Enable navigating to the next or previous comic when on first or last page in the reader view.
* Display a notification before navigating to the next or previous comic in the reader view.
* Disable the device's idle timer to prevent screen locking while synchronizing.
* Enable synchronizing in background.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO, gugaoforums

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.7 Beta 4 years 8 months ago #30089

• crios
  • Thank you received: 80
The main goal of this build was making the sync stable, and lot of bugs that you have reported have been fixed. Please reply if you still have problems syncing with CRWIN.

The only new feature is navigating to the next or previous comic in the reader view when reaching the end (or beginning) of a comic.

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.7 Beta 4 years 8 months ago #30098

• kRAyZZed
  • Fresh Boarder
Nice to see, all the hard work you are putting in - I can't wait to get my hands on this when it hits the App Store. Any idea on rough pricing? Anyway keep up the good work :D

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.7 Beta 4 years 8 months ago #30102

• MTapester
  • Fresh Boarder
Can't Wait to give this a try on my wife's iPad, ComicRack was the main reason I picked up a Nexus 7, now I could finely get the iPad mini I wanted a while back, but at the time lacked a real comic book reader. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to downloading it on release day.

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.7 Beta 4 years 8 months ago #30111

• mizio66
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Started reading comics at 4... and still counting!
  • Thank you received: 143
OK, first tries, some issues... and some checks.

- Synch looks like working good ! Read comics are not synched! Unnecessary info are not managed anymore and there are no more comics deleted and then copied again.
- The reload library after synch is not working. It completes, but the refresh is not correct. I have to reload library manually to make it work.
- The 'grey x' icons stay on screen a few seconds after synch and/or reload...
- I had a complete freeze... I had to reboot the iPad to close the app... very strange. I submitted the album to your gmail, crios. I was reading it and turned the iPad horizontally... after that, no sign of life.
- I find the load time and the navigation between pages a bit heavy and slow in some cases... the one i submitted via gmail is an example. I made a comparison with Comicglass and the difference is visible...
- Still, I'd like a simple transition when changing pages... again, like Comicglass.
- The fact that turning pages is slow, sometimes I found myself tapping a couple of times or more, then resulting in 2-3 pages turning. I think this behavior should be avoided somehow... if you tap repeatedly before the next page is turning, CRIOS should consider only 1 tap. If you want to turn pages rapidly you have 'at least' to wait for the page to start turning. Does it make sense?
- Synch of read % works good... but only in direction CRWIN... not viceversa
- The sort thing is still no working, this is confirmed. sorting is not saved between changes of view, be it changing series or staying in the same.

Progress made is really visible, especially I'm really happy for the synch to work very well until now!

Keep the good work going, crios!

G'night,

M
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by mizio66.

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.7 Beta 4 years 8 months ago #30113

mizio66 wrote:
- Synch of read % works good... but only in direction CRWIN... not viceversa

Ah, good catch. I can confirm this. If you sync a book to CRIOS, read a few pages in CRIOS, sync again CRWIN is updated with the proper page read-to. Then, if you open the book in CRWIN and read through a few more pages and sync again, CRIOS is NOT updated with the current page read-to.

Probably minor since one would assume CRIOS would be the primary reading device, but should sync up properly based on the "last time read" time stamp.

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.7 Beta 4 years 8 months ago #30114

Also, the sync is still pushing unnecessary books. I thought this was implied to be fixed in this build but I may have misunderstood and this is what cYo will be looking at in the next CRWIN iteration

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.7 Beta 4 years 8 months ago #30115

The "Tap again to go to previous/next comic" dialogue could use a little refining. In fact, I think it could just go away all together. Or at least the option. I'd prefer to just put up a brief dialogue saying "Opening previous/next comic" and just do it (including flashing the cover as though it were opened from the library).

Also, swiping to previous page on the cover brings up the dialogue but swiping or tapping again does not do anything. However, tapping to previous page works normally.

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.7 Beta 4 years 8 months ago #30117

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Thanks for the new version! :-)
mizio66 wrote:
- Still, I'd like a simple transition when changing pages...
If implemented, I suggest that this be optional. Reading 'Insufferable' on ComicZeal was irritating with all those transitions; the pages should have changed spontaneously, or atmost with a 'fade-in' type of transition. But, the 'page-turning' transition ruined that book on the ComicZeal.
DouglasBubbletrousers wrote:
The "Tap again to go to previous/next comic" dialogue could use a little refining. In fact, I think it could just go away all together.
I feel that it should stay (make it optional, maybe?), as this reduces the 'surprise/shock' factor when a user taps & suddenly he gets to the next book (with/without an "Opening previous/next comic" dialog).
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.7 Beta 4 years 8 months ago #30122

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
Transitions will come (should basically be the same as in CRA).
Paging speed will be faster (again like in CRA)
  • Page:
Moderators: crios
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Who's Online

We have 208 guests and 5 members online