Welcome, Guest
Discussion about the current prerelease (non market) version of ComicRack

TOPIC: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.24 Beta

ComicRack for iOS 0.9.24 Beta 4 years 6 months ago #32085

• crios
  • Thank you received: 80
## ComicRack 0.9.24 - April 10, 2013

* Changed detail-mode size of comic in library view.
* Display activity message when loading of comic takes more than 0.5sec in reader view.
* Display page numbers in progress bar in reader view.
* Display page numbers when interface is hidden in reader view.
* Allow changing pages by dragging the progress bar in reader view.
* Remember pin-status of list-bar in library view.
* Removed background color from navigation buttons in reader view.
* Do not hide list-bar when unpinning in library view.
* Automatically display keyboard when opening rating view.
* Updated visual style of various interface elements.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO, Mammut

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.24 Beta 4 years 6 months ago #32135

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
This is a very good update. Makes the app look more polished. However, as always, I have lot of opinions & suggestions I would love to have discussions on. Here goes:

Page numbers at the bottom or top? (Or an option in the preferences?)
I would like some opinions here. When I end reading a page, my eyes are looking at the bottom-most portion, and as soon as the next page appears, they instinctively turn up to the top left side to begin reading. This happens in a fraction of a second, before I realise that the page count has appeared at the bottom, and is about to fade away. I immediately glance at the bottom, see the page count, and return my vision back to the top. Now, how 'ergonomic' would it be if the page count appeared at the top? Finish the page, next page appears, page count caught in the field of vision, no need to look to the bottom every time the page changes.

Black is in!
The setting dialog got a nice black redesign.

I think this dialog should also follow suit.:

Anorexic icons?

Give the review box a title?

Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by 600WPMPO.

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.24 Beta 4 years 6 months ago #32136

• Mammut
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
"Page numbers at the bottom or top? (Or an option in the preferences?)"

I think it's important to have an option to turn it on and off, like in CRW.
When I'm reading comics I only want to see the pages, nothing else, an appearing page number distracts me. A constant page number covers the graphic. So I'd like to turn it off.

But when I'm taking a break and touch the page in other readers, a header bar comes in, and I think that's the perfect place for a page number. When I touch the page my eyes look at the header first, so the top.

By the way, it's similar with e-books, there I prefer a constant page number at the bottom, below the text, but when I'm taking a break, I always look at the header bar first, there is the time, etc. So in "reading mode" I always look at the bottom, but in "pause mode" the top. :)

But if I'd read comics with appearing page number, I think I would put it to that area where it's covering less graphics in the actual comic. :) Maybe it would be the best if we could freely position it and CRIOS would save the position.
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Mammut.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO, Shinrai

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.24 Beta 4 years 6 months ago #32141

• ParadiseLost13
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
First post to say amazing program CRW is and I'm so excited to see CRiOS. I just wanted to say I think all the suggestions 600WPMPO just offered sound great. In regards to the page number thing I think the top as it is in CRW is best, perhaps with the option to decide how long it takes to fade away. I would also support the other poster who said that flat look just isn't the proper feel for iOS. From all the pictures I've seen thus far (and trust me I check almost daily) The current iteration is quite on target in my opinion. I just offered an opinion because it was called for discussion. Thanks again for considering your iOS user base and thanks for an amazing comic reader.
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by ParadiseLost13.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.24 Beta 4 years 6 months ago #32154

• Zardeth
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
This is also my first post and I too would like to say thanks for all the hard work on the iOS version. I have been following the progress daily and from the information availble it looks great. :)

As for feedback, I agree that the flat look wouldn't be right for iOS. Part of the appeal with iOS is the cohesive apperance of a lot of its apps.

Regarding the page number, I would say the suggestion of having an option in prefences, made by 600WPMPO, is a good idea. It would be good to be able to select top, bottom or off to allow users to select the setting they prefer.

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.24 Beta 4 years 6 months ago #32166

Can we get these posts locked to people actually IN the beta test? :(

I agree with the font in the Info screen. Just making it white text would help.

I notice that when I update metadata in CRWIN, it does not carry over to CRIOS unless the file itself was also updated. This should come across/be checked even if the file hasn't changed.

When I set a list to sync and uncheck the Sort By box from the device screen, it seems to import the list using the Position sorting. This works great for hard lists where I've sorted it, but I think it should be enhanced to use whatever the CRWIN sorting currently is as the "Position" sortuing in CRIOS. For instance, if I have the list (whether smart or hard) sorted by a Custom value in CRWIN, I'd like to see that as the sorting in CRIOS when I sort it by "None". As it is now, I have to use a smart list to do the searching and sort by the Custom value, then drag the whole list into a hard list sorted by Position to get this effect. I realize this may require a CRWIN change.

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.24 Beta 4 years 6 months ago #32168

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
600WPMPO wrote:
This is a very good update. Makes the app look more polished. However, as always, I have lot of opinions & suggestions I would love to have discussions on. Here goes:

All very good points.
Most is already in the pipeline, some points will be now.

As I'm mostly an Android user every viewpoint of seasoned iOS users with a good eye is very welcome (and still needed).

But 600, you'll like the final splash screen for CRIOS (which should be in the next version :)).
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.24 Beta 4 years 6 months ago #32169

• ParadiseLost13
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
It was mentioned that it was open for discussion, hence the only reason I chimmed in. It is my belief that beta is to test the function and or usability and its potential problems. As someone looking to purchase the software a brief note in support of the design aesthetic i don't see as problematic. My apologies if my posting offended. Thanks again cYo.
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by ParadiseLost13.

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.24 Beta 4 years 6 months ago #32171

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
I welcome every voice here :)

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.24 Beta 4 years 6 months ago #32172

I wasn't offended but it does provide a signal-to-noise issue, at least on these "official release" threads. I check them to see others testing notes and cyo and crios' responses, so when I get notifications for every "I want this when does it come out???" it gets a bit irritating. Can we lock these official threads to read-only but leave the rest of the board open?

Any thoughts on my sorting issue?
Moderators: crios
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Who's Online

We have 186 guests and 4 members online