Welcome, Guest
Discussion about the current prerelease (non market) version of ComicRack

TOPIC: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.25 Beta

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.25 Beta 4 years 6 months ago #32265

• Mammut
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
DouglasBubbletrousers wrote:
I'm still noting issues with metadata/read state not being mirrored in CRIOS when modified in CRWIN. I updated a book with new metadata, writing it to the file. When I ran the sync, the file was not modified. I would assume any change to the file would cause the book to be re-synced.

I also changed the read state to unread on a book and re-synced. THe book's read state on CRIOS remained where it was.

Anyone else able to reproduce these missing syncs?

I set the rating in CRIOS to 1,5.
I synced the comics. The app's 1,5 rating showed up in CRWIN.
I changed the rating in CRWIN to 3,5.
I synced the comics. Nothing changed. In CRIOS the rating is 1,5, in CRWIN the rating is 3,5.
I changed the rating in CRWIN to unrated.
I synced the comics. The app's 1,5 rating showed up in CRWIN again.
I changed the rating to 4,5 in CRIOS.
I synced the comics. The app's 4,5 rating showed up in CRWIN.

So yeah, the app's data is "stronger" when it's about sync.
But if I change the rating in CRWIN to other than unrated then there is no change on neither side. If I then change the rating in CRIOS again to another value, it changes in CRWIN too, because it's the newer value, I guess.
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Mammut.
The topic has been locked.

CRIOS reboots iPad 4 years 6 months ago #32266

• docdoom
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 89
I tested a bit and made CRIOS reboot my iPad2 ;)

Opened a book (40 pages, 43 MB, .cbz) in CRIOS on my iPad2 (16GB, free: 3.4 GB). It froze like this:

after about 2 or 3 minutes the iPad rebooted.
Author of the CR Data Manager. Download and manual at google code - please post feature requests and bugs here

Re: CRIOS reboots iPad 4 years 6 months ago #32267

• Mammut
  • Gold Boarder
I opened a lot of HD comics and there is no freezing on ipad3, maybe a performance problem? (Yesterday morning I deleted a lot of things so I have a lot of free space also, 39 gb.)
I will try some HD TPBs.

Re: CRIOS reboots iPad 4 years 6 months ago #32268

• docdoom
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 89
Mammut wrote:
I opened a lot of HD comics and there is no freezing on ipad3, maybe a performance problem?

Opened other books of same size but less pages without any crashes.

Have to add that the books opens without any problems in CRW.
Author of the CR Data Manager. Download and manual at google code - please post feature requests and bugs here

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.25 Beta 4 years 6 months ago #32269

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Mammut wrote:
... I think there is some trouble with the View buttons at the bottom. The first and the third are the same Thumbnails view. The second (which I thought is a list view) is a Tiles view. So there are 3 buttons, but only 2 views, there is no list view. Or is this normal?
The third button is the 'Stack' one. You can see for yourself when you have more than one book belonging to a single series.
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.25 Beta 4 years 6 months ago #32270

• Mammut
  • Gold Boarder
600WPMPO wrote:
Mammut wrote:
... I think there is some trouble with the View buttons at the bottom. The first and the third are the same Thumbnails view. The second (which I thought is a list view) is a Tiles view. So there are 3 buttons, but only 2 views, there is no list view. Or is this normal?
The third button is the 'Stack' one. You can see for yourself when you have more than one book belonging to a single series.

Oh, okay, I didn't saw that because there were too few synced comics there, thanks.

Re: CRIOS reboots iPad 4 years 6 months ago #32271

• Mammut
  • Gold Boarder
I started to sync two 700mb omnibuses.

While I was waiting I opened an 50 page, 50 mb comic. After the second page turning, CRIOS is exited. There was no freezing, only exit.

But when I started the app again, the sync was at a stopped state, and when I pressed Synchronize Now, nothing happened.
There was no new list on the left side (with the new omnibuses). When I searched for the omnibus series, I found the first, it's 448 pages, I can read it without a problem. And I can read it to the end! I think that is important.

I restarted the ipad, the sync is started again. It finished, there was the new list, and I can read both omnibuses without a problem. There is no problem with 50 page comic neither. No freezing, no exit.

So I tested it again: I started to sync some 600 mb TPBs, and I opened that 50 page comic. I can read it without a problem, hm. I can't manage to force quit the app.

Hm...

Because the first time I did can read the synced omnibus to the end, maybe I managed to open this 50 page comic just when the sync of the first omnibus is finished, and that caused the problem? Just an idea. I can't test it, I can't manage to open it the right time again. I opened it a lot of times already, but there's no problem. :)

Anyway, there is no freezing on ipad3.

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.25 Beta 4 years 6 months ago #32272

Mammut wrote:
So yeah, the app's data is "stronger" when it's about sync.

I hadn't noted that. That is a BIG problem. I don't fancy the idea of making changes in CRWIN en masse and then having CRIOS just overwrite them. Sync should go BOTH ways.

Here is how the logic should work, to my mind:
0. Sync starts
1. if the book is already on the device, check the last time review/read state was updated on both devices
1a. if the CRIOS's current page/furthest page read to/"read/reading/unread" state (heretoafter referred to as "read state") time was updated after CRWIN's, set CRWIN's to CRIOS's
1b. if CRWIN's read state was modified after CRIOS's, set CRIOS's to CRWIN's
1c. if CRIOS's rating/review last edited time is after CRWIN's, set CRIOS's to CRWIN's
1d. if CRWIN's rating/review last edited time is after CRIOS's, set CRWIN's to CRIOS's
1e. if CRIOS's metadata last edited time is after CRWIN's, set CRIOS's to CRWIN's
1f. if CRWIN's metadata last edited time is after CRIOS's, set CRWIN's to CRIOS's
1g. if the book's file modified time is after the time it was last synced to CRIOS, replace the file on the iPad with the new one
2. Recalculate smartlists that are marked to sync <- this is to ensure any read state/review changes that might be in smartlist criteria are applied and the list result set is recalculated (for instance, if the result list has "Read Percentage <90" and the book is 95% read, it should NOT be included in the list and therefore in the sync)
3. Generate list of books that need to be moved based off list contents and sync criteria (only unread, only 20 books, etc.). call this "sync list"
4. Compare books on device to sync list. if they're not in sync list, remove those books from the device
5. remove list of books on device at this point from sync list, move all book remaining on sync list and they're metadata, read state and rating/review to the app
6. Sync ends

Right now it doesn't seem to care about metadata changes at all and CRIOS's read state and rating/review are preserved above CRWIN's.

Also, if the file changes in CRWIN, it doesn't seem to be updated. Can someone else try this and see if it can be replicated?
1. Copy a book to a temp file name and add it to your CRWIN library and sync it to CRIOS
2. Open the archive and try adding a new image and/or deleting existing images
3. Sync again
4. See if the new/deleted images appear or don't appear, respectively

If my behavior is consistent, there will be no change on CRIOS

EDITED: Updated logic
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by DouglasBubbletrousers.

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.25 Beta 4 years 6 months ago #32273

• Mammut
  • Gold Boarder
Sync should go BOTH ways.

Of course, I agree with that. I meant that it's a bug.
Also, if the file changes in CRWIN, it doesn't seem to be updated. Can someone else try this and see if it can be replicated?
1. Copy a book to a temp file name and add it to your CRWIN library and sync it to CRIOS
2. Open the archive and try adding a new image and/or deleting existing images
3. Sync again
4. See if the new/deleted images appear or don't appear, respectively

If my behavior is consistent, there will be no change on CRIOS

Hm. There is an interesting result!
I synced the full comic, it's good, let's jump to the 2nd step.

I deleted the first pages from the cbz, pressed the Synchronize Now in CRIOS, and it synced fine. The pages are missing.
But I tried it again.
I deleted more pages from the cbz, pressed the Synchronize Now in CRIOS, and there is no sync. I have the missing pages in CRIOS. I don't know, why it doesn't sync it now, I did everything exactly the same as the first time. :O

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.25 Beta 4 years 6 months ago #32275

Mammut wrote:
Sync should go BOTH ways.

Of course, I agree with that. I meant that it's a bug.

That was for clarification, I know you weren't saying that
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by DouglasBubbletrousers.
Moderators: crios
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Who's Online

We have 210 guests and 9 members online