Welcome, Guest
Discussion about the current prerelease (non market) version of ComicRack

TOPIC: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.25 Beta

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.25 Beta 4 years 7 months ago #32276

• Zardeth
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
DouglasBubbletrousers wrote:
Also, if the file changes in CRWIN, it doesn't seem to be updated. Can someone else try this and see if it can be replicated?
1. Copy a book to a temp file name and add it to your CRWIN library and sync it to CRIOS
2. Open the archive and try adding a new image and/or deleting existing images
3. Sync again
4. See if the new/deleted images appear or don't appear, respectively

If my behavior is consistent, there will be no change on CRIOS

I have just tried this too. I synced a full comic and then deleted two pages in CRW. After re-syncing and there was no change in CRiOS. I then deleted more pages and tried again with the same result.

I have also found another issue that I haven't seen mentioned so far. When reading if you set the 'Scale page to' setting to anything other than the default of 'fit to height' it switches back to 'fit to height' upon exiting the reader. If you skip to another issue in the list within the reader the setting is maintained, however it is only until the reader is exited. Opening any book afterwards (whether from same or a different list) will revert the setting back to 'fit to height'.
The topic has been locked.

Re: CRIOS reboots iPad 4 years 7 months ago #32277

• docdoom
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 89
Latest observation: the book crahes CRIOS if I try to go to another page while those "empty page symbols" are displayed (see my screen shot above). As soon as I wait long enough until all pages are loaded nothing bad happens.
Author of the CR Data Manager. Download and manual at google code - please post feature requests and bugs here

Re: CRIOS reboots iPad 4 years 7 months ago #32278

• Mammut
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
docdoom wrote:
Latest observation: the book crahes CRIOS if I try to go to another page while those "empty page symbols" are displayed (see my screen shot above). As soon as I wait long enough until all pages are loaded nothing bad happens.

I tried this, there is no crash here, but CRIOS is acting a little strange.
A lot of times it doesn't turn page right away, as I turning more pages forward and backward, and then later it's playing ping-pong between the pages.
So definitely there is some performance issue when it's loading the thumbnails.

edit: okay, I managed to force quit with the ping-pong, but there is no freezing, the app only exits (if I'd get one dollar every time when Comixology or Comic Zeal exited just like that, I'd be really a millionaire now, so it's not a big issue for me, but of course if it causes freezing on ipad2, it's not good)
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Mammut.

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.25 Beta 4 years 7 months ago #32279

• docdoom
  • Platinum Boarder
The 3 arrows in the reader are a bit confusing (600WPMPO wrote something similar earlier in this thread). I find the arrows in CRW much more self-explaining (first page, next page etc.) I cannot relate the symbols to the underlying function.
Author of the CR Data Manager. Download and manual at google code - please post feature requests and bugs here
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by docdoom.

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.25 Beta 4 years 7 months ago #32283

• docdoom
  • Platinum Boarder
I played around with sync a bit and it worked fine. Only thing is: I personally like the the read books are removed from the device when read 100%. Others might not like it. I think it's best if there is an option where the user decides if read books should be removed with next sync. Or maybe an option to mark books as read/unread like in CRW. Sometimes I browse through a complete book just to decide if I will read it later on. In this case a "mark unread" option would be very useful.

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.25 Beta 4 years 7 months ago #32285

• Mammut
  • Gold Boarder
docdoom wrote:
I played around with sync a bit and it worked fine. Only thing is: I personally like the the read books are removed from the device when read 100%. Others might not like it. I think it's best if there is an option where the user decides if read books should be removed with next sync. Or maybe an option to mark books as read/unread like in CRW. Sometimes I browse through a complete book just to decide if I will read it later on. In this case a "mark unread" option would be very useful.

There is an "Only Unread" switch at the Devices dialog box in CRW, its default value is on.
If you press a cover longer, there is another menu at the top in CRIOS, and there is Mark as unread.
By the way, it would be great if I could select more comics at the same time for that. Maybe an Edit button? edit: oh, I didn't say anything, now I can select more, I did something wrong at first time, I guess
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Mammut.

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.25 Beta 4 years 7 months ago #32286

• docdoom
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks for the note about the new menu when you press a book cover a bit longer. That is what I was looking for! But it's easy to overlook, isn't it?

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.25 Beta 4 years 7 months ago #32287

• Mammut
  • Gold Boarder
docdoom wrote:
Thanks for the note about the new menu when you press a book cover a bit longer. That is what I was looking for! But it's easy to overlook, isn't it?

Yeah, not every user will find it, I guess. An instruction image would be great at the first use of the app.
I just tried what happens, as in a lot of apps you need to press longer for an edit menu. And that happened.

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.25 Beta 4 years 7 months ago #32289

Mammut wrote:
docdoom wrote:

Yeah, not every user will find it, I guess. An instruction image would be great at the first use of the app.
I just tried what happens, as in a lot of apps you need to press longer for an edit menu. And that happened.

Yeah, I think that's pretty standard iOS practice. like you don't need to tell a windows user to right-click on something for it's context menu

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.25 Beta 4 years 7 months ago #32290

• docdoom
  • Platinum Boarder
Mammut wrote:
docdoom wrote:

I did the same thing but didn't recognize that besides displaying the thick orange frame something more happened (new menu).
Moderators: crios
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Who's Online

We have 253 guests and 3 members online