Welcome, Guest
Discussion about the current prerelease (non market) version of ComicRack

TOPIC: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.25 Beta

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.25 Beta 4 years 6 months ago #32291

• Pb
  • Junior Boarder
Can you move around the comics easily in crios?

I'm sort of addicted to the slider in Comic zeal by now. Where I can organize my comics as I want.

How is it on that front in crios?
The topic has been locked.

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.25 Beta 4 years 6 months ago #32292

• docdoom
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 89
Pb wrote:

I'm sort of addicted to the slider in Comic zeal by now. Where I can organize my comics as I want.

I agree, the slider in ComicZeal is a great feature. But the philosophy of CR is different: you organize your books in lists (static or smart lists) in CR Windows and synchronize those lists to CRIOS. You can sort the books in several ways but no such things as moving them to another folder. I think that you need the slider in ComicZeal as you cannot synchronize CZ with your collection. In CRIOS you don't need that feature because of the great sync function.
Author of the CR Data Manager. Download and manual at google code - please post feature requests and bugs here

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.25 Beta 4 years 6 months ago #32293

• Pb
  • Junior Boarder
you're right it's a different philosophy. I find myself missing the simplicity of comic zeal sometimes when trying to organize my cr library. My method is to get everything in cr, but organize on the ipad with comic zeal, i also like bookman when comic zeal fails. I probably will give a try to crios when it's out.

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.25 Beta 4 years 6 months ago #32294

• Mammut
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
docdoom wrote:
Pb wrote:

I agree, the slider in ComicZeal is a great feature. But the philosophy of CR is different: you organize your books in lists (static or smart lists) in CR Windows and synchronize those lists to CRIOS. You can sort the books in several ways but no such things as moving them to another folder. I think that you need the slider in ComicZeal as you cannot synchronize CZ with your collection. In CRIOS you don't need that feature because of the great sync function.

Yeah, but that's why we need more sorting options. That way we can sort a reading list in CRW the way we like, then sync, and voil√°. It's a little limited now.

And maybe later the position reordering could be a two-way syncing, so we could reorder it in CRIOS, as we can simply reorder it in CRW just by drag and drop. That way we could fix ordering errors while reading the comics on the tablet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pb

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.25 Beta 4 years 6 months ago #32295

• docdoom
  • Platinum Boarder
Mammut wrote:
And maybe later the position reordering could be a two-way syncing, so we could reorder it in CRIOS, as we can simply reorder it in CRW just by drag and drop. That way we could fix ordering errors while reading the comics on the tablet.

very good idea!

Another thing I am missing is the option to organize books by reading state (not read, started reading, read). (Could be that this was already mentioned before in this thread, too lazy to check :blush: )
Author of the CR Data Manager. Download and manual at google code - please post feature requests and bugs here

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.25 Beta 4 years 6 months ago #32296

• Pb
  • Junior Boarder
I totally agree. Make crios the easy sorting companion tool for cr windows and I'm buying!

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.25 Beta 4 years 6 months ago #32297

docdoom wrote:
Mammut wrote:

very good idea!

Another thing I am missing is the option to organize books by reading state (not read, started reading, read). (Could be that this was already mentioned before in this thread, too lazy to check :blush: )

All of this has been brought up and dismissed or put off for later already

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.25 Beta 4 years 6 months ago #32298

We need a better method to track requests/bugs. Crios, have you considered opening a google code project for tracking these? it would help reduce duplicate requests from those who haven't been involved from the beginning as well as localize comments/info on each issue/request

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.25 Beta 4 years 6 months ago #32299

• Mammut
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
DouglasBubbletrousers wrote:
docdoom wrote:
Mammut wrote:

very good idea!

All of this has been brought up and dismissed or put off for later already

Then it was another vote for it. ;)

But okay, I'm sure you requested already in the past months anything what we could find out now, so I'll concentrate on the bugs instead. :)
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Mammut.

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.25 Beta 4 years 6 months ago #32301

• docdoom
  • Platinum Boarder
BUG (or feature? and yes: I don't know if it was already posted):

I've sorted some books from a list in CRIOS by published date and discovered that one of the books had a wrong published date. I corrected that in CRW and expected that synchronizing would correct the published date in CRIOS as well but it didn't. It would be great if at least the metadata fields that are used for sorting in CRIOS would be synchronized after they have been corrected in CRW.
Moderators: crios
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Who's Online

We have 180 guests and 5 members online