Welcome, Guest
Discussion about the current prerelease (non market) version of ComicRack

TOPIC: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.27 Beta

ComicRack for iOS 0.9.27 Beta 4 years 7 months ago #32485

• crios
  • Thank you received: 80
## ComicRack 0.9.27 - April 20, 2013

* Fixed crash when rotating the device while refreshing the library in library view.
* Fixed wrong selection in display type buttons when changing lists.
* Updated visual style of list type selection buttons in library view.
* Added setting to enabled/disable the automatic display of the rating view in reader view.
* Display rating view when leaving reader view and comic is read but unrated.
* Allow tapping of the preview of the next or previous comic in reader view.
* Convert "Web" field in info view into hyperlink and open browser when tapped.
* Updated visual style of info view.
* Updated visual style of rating view.
* Added switch in rating view to disable automatic prompt for rating.
* Updated text in the view that is displayed when navigating between comics in reader view when navigation would lead back to library.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO, Mammut

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.27 Beta 4 years 7 months ago #32497

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
An excellent release. Many thanks! :-)

The review box has never looked better, and I'm now fully satisfied with its 'final' state:

The info view is also looking better. However, I think that the background could be at least one shade lighter, so that the cover is relatively more visible.

I still am waiting for the caption text to be fixed from the current "Series - Title #Number" to the more logical "Series #Number - Title":

Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by 600WPMPO.

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.27 Beta 4 years 7 months ago #32498

• 600WPMPO
;-) And, lest we forget:
600WPMPO wrote:

1. Lighten the background to the charcoal black that we see in OpenEmu, and then the unselected rating stars would look good as recessed, black ones

2. Give the thumbnails a slight drop shadow

3. A thumbnail resizer/slider at the bottom, maybe activated by pressing a small icon, which then pops up a little slider to increase and decrease the size of the thumbnails.

4. The sidebar can have 2 sections: the top one for the 'in-built' lists, and then for the user-synced lists. We can have the wee arrows that would expand/hide the lower section, as in the screenshot above.

5. The header & the footer bar can have subtle shadows. This gives a very pleasing experience when we scroll the thumbnails up & down.

Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by 600WPMPO.

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.27 Beta 4 years 7 months ago #32499

• ParadiseLost13
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I agree with 600 on all counts except that personally i think the stars shouldn't so totally overwhelm the title. I know it may be a design choice as it is a review but it just seems odd to me. In Addition I would agree with 600 on "I still am waiting for the caption text to be fixed from the current "Series - Title #Number" to the more logical "Series #Number - Title":" Thanks for all the amazing work. It looks great from what I've seen.

*in Response to Mammut. I just meant maybe raising the font a little?
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by ParadiseLost13.

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.27 Beta 4 years 7 months ago #32500

• Mammut
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
Thanks for all the updated things.

"I still am waiting for the caption text to be fixed from the current "Series - Title #Number" to the more logical "Series #Number - Title":"

Yes! I think it would be better. +1

"I think that the background could be at least one shade lighter, so that the cover is relatively more visible."

Hm, but I think it's good now. It's a relatively dark cover. The letters of the Saga title will be distracting if you make it lighter, not to mention that a white cover will be too light.

"i think the stars shouldn't so totally overwhelm the title."

Yeah, it's overwhelming. But there you can set full and half stars, so there should be enough space for your finger. I think it's good now, because you can see what value you set while doing it.
If there would be smaller stars you always would have to raise your hand from the tablet to see you set a correct value or not.

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.27 Beta 4 years 7 months ago #32501

• Mammut
  • Gold Boarder
"Added switch in rating view to disable automatic prompt for rating."

There is only a slight problem. As I see it, if you turn it off, you can't turn it back on later.
At least I turned it off, and now if I select the rating window at the end of a comic with the star sign, the option is missing from the bottom of the rating window.

By the way, there could be some marking on the star if you already rated a book. Maybe the rating could be on the star, although I think it may be too small for that.

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.27 Beta 4 years 7 months ago #32517

• 600WPMPO
ParadiseLost13 wrote:
I agree with 600 on all counts except that personally i think the stars shouldn't so totally overwhelm the title.
At least in the Info view, they are really overwhelming. I think the Info view should have a bold caption at the top & starts that reflect both user rating & community rating. As for the Review box, maybe the font of the caption can be increased one size.

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.27 Beta 4 years 7 months ago #32524

• Mammut
  • Gold Boarder
Yeah, you're right. The big stars are unnecessary in the info window. It can be only a data there as the others. +1

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.27 Beta 4 years 7 months ago #32533

• crios
  • Thank you received: 80
There is only a slight problem. As I see it, if you turn it off, you can't turn it back on later.

The switch is only visible when the rating view is display automatically. And you can turn the option back on in the settings "app".

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.27 Beta 4 years 7 months ago #32535

• Mammut
  • Gold Boarder
crios wrote:

The switch is only visible when the rating view is display automatically. And you can turn the option back on in the settings "app".

Aaa, I searched both settings, but I always forget to look at the system settings. Sorry.

edit: But I still think that the app would be more simpler and understandable if the option would be there in that window all the time.
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Mammut.
Moderators: crios
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds

Who's Online

We have 228 guests and one member online