Welcome, Guest
Discussion about the current prerelease (non market) version of ComicRack

TOPIC: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.27 Beta

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.27 Beta 4 years 7 months ago #32539

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Mammut wrote:
crios wrote:
There is only a slight problem. As I see it, if you turn it off, you can't turn it back on later.

The switch is only visible when the rating view is display automatically. And you can turn the option back on in the settings "app".

Aaa, I searched both settings, but I always forget to look at the system settings. Sorry.

edit: But I still think that the app would be more simpler and understandable if the option would be there in that window all the time.
I don't think so. Either you write reviews or you don't. Some people are IN it, and some people don't use this at all. So, the point is, this is not a setting that would regularly shuffle on/off. You would (usually) set it up & forget it. That's why its correct place is in the main settings of the device & not an in-app setting. I may be wrong, though. ;-)
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
The topic has been locked.

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.27 Beta 4 years 7 months ago #32541

• Mammut
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
600WPMPO wrote:
I don't think so. Either you write reviews or you don't. Some people are IN it, and some people don't use this at all. So, the point is, this is not a setting that would regularly shuffle on/off. You would (usually) set it up & forget it. That's why its correct place is in the main settings of the device & not an in-app setting. I may be wrong, though. ;-)

Everyone's different, that's sure. :)
Now I, for one, only rate (I use only the rating, I never write reviews, so I'm not IN it) comics if I read the new weekly comics, so I'll use the feature every week for a few days.
But when I read a complete older series, it's annoying that I have to stop all the time, so I'll turn this off that time.
I don't rate all series, I use the rating only to remember which new comics are good enough to read them weekly, and after 3-4 issues I don't care their ratings anymore. So when there are no new series at all, I never use the rating feature, that's true.

If you don't want to put it to that window because it's annoying you, I can understand that, but at least put it into the reader settings, so the user doesn't have to exit the app.
But I don't like this exit the app and go to the system settings method anyway, I think 3 settings just make the app unnecessarily complex, so... :)
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Mammut.

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.27 Beta 4 years 7 months ago #32544

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
@Mammut: Point taken! That was a good enough explaination to justify the reviews setting as an in-app feature. :-)
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.27 Beta 4 years 7 months ago #32558

• faethon
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
CR is awesome, and I can't wait for the iOS version to be released!! I just registered to ask about the iOS version of CR (sorry if this is the wrong place):

I do have both the Windows and Android versions. What if you add multiple devices? For instance adding also an iPad to list of paired devices, will the status of comics (read, current page) be shared between devices? So, if I read a couple of pages on my Android phone, and then sync via CRW, will this be synced so I can continue reading on my iPad?

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.27 Beta 4 years 7 months ago #32567

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
yes.

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.27 Beta 4 years 7 months ago #32576

I agree with lightening the back ground image on the info panel. I'd also fit the width to the box so we don't have "letterboxing" on the sides. I'd vertical align to the bottom of the cover in that case.

Finally, Can we get white lettering at the top? it's very hard to read the caption as it is now

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.27 Beta 4 years 7 months ago #32582

• crios
  • Thank you received: 80
Finally, Can we get white lettering at the top? it's very hard to read the caption as it is now

You mean the top of the info panel?

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.27 Beta 4 years 7 months ago #32584

crios wrote:

You mean the top of the info panel?

Yes. White with dropdown shadowing should provide enough contrast against the darkened image

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.27 Beta 4 years 7 months ago #32592

• crios
  • Thank you received: 80
But it already should be white. Is it not for you? Can you please provide a screenshot?

Re: ComicRack for iOS 0.9.27 Beta 4 years 7 months ago #32597

• RevQuixo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 26
I think CRios is getting pretty close to be releasable, my only concern is the difficulty I had getting it initially synced with CRW. I still couldn't tell you what combination of fiddling with my router, fiddling with my firewall, adding my iPad's IP address into the .ini file, etc allowed me to sync up.

In its current state, I would expect a lot of new users to be confused by the functionality. perhaps more needs to be done in the reader to highlight a more traditional viewing experience (adding books via USB through iTunes) and having the wireless option a "advanced user" function.
Moderators: crios
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Who's Online

We have 247 guests and 2 members online