Welcome, Guest
Discussion about the current prerelease (non market) version of ComicRack
  • Page:

TOPIC: ComicRack for iOS 1.0.16 Beta

ComicRack for iOS 1.0.16 Beta 2 years 9 months ago #41270

• crios
  • Thank you received: 80
## ComicRack 1.0.16 - December 04, 2014

* Updated implementation for right-to-left reading.
* Updated TestFlight SDK to version 3.0.2.
* Updated to iOS 8.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: huffj, aarvnb

ComicRack for iOS 1.0.16 Beta 2 years 9 months ago #41338

• Janzinator
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
When is the updated version officially released???!!! :ohmy:

Love ComicRack but dont want to paid for an app that doesnt forfill my needs!

ComicRack for iOS 1.0.16 Beta 2 years 4 months ago #42197

• huffj
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
Very disappointing that there has been next to no communication on the new release. The last update was over a year ago.
This version says "Updated to iOS8" - iOS9 will be announced next month in June.

This is the app I use most often, but receives the fewest updates. If this was a free app, I guess I couldn't say much, but you are charging a decent (fair) price for the app.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mammut

ComicRack for iOS 1.0.16 Beta 2 years 4 months ago #42201

• JemAsCR
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Is something not working in the iOS app that warrants an update? I have had zero issues with the application and I use it daily. You want an update just for the sake of an update?

ComicRack for iOS 1.0.16 Beta 2 years 4 months ago #42202

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 247
I must admit I also don't quite get the intermittent cry of where is my update. This is a very stable version with good functionality.

ComicRack for iOS 1.0.16 Beta 2 years 4 months ago #42211

• huffj
  • Senior Boarder
JemAsCR wrote:
Is something not working in the iOS app that warrants an update? I have had zero issues with the application and I use it daily. You want an update just for the sake of an update?
jkthemac wrote:
I must admit I also don't quite get the intermittent cry of where is my update. This is a very stable version with good functionality.

I hesitate to reply to these. I consider it trolling since you aren't adding anything to the conversation, nor did you address anything I said in my post.

But it's Monday, so what the heck...

If you two take a look over at the CRiOS bugs and feature request section you will see plenty of reasons for updates. I think people have even stopped reporting and posting in there because nothing gets addressed.

You can't possibly think that the app is so polished that it doesn't need an update in over a year. You may think the app works fine. I think is that you have learned how to work around the quirks and bugs. You just get used to it and deal with it. I have too. If it was completely unusable, I would stop using it. But again - I use the app every day.

I want to point out again that I love the concept of CR. I would even be willing to buy the app again if it was a new version that would be supported with regular updates. That's how interested I am. But from what I can imply from the lack of communication, the development of this app isn't a priority.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO

ComicRack for iOS 1.0.16 Beta 2 years 4 months ago #42215

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 247
Sorry if I came across as dismissive I was more confused and curious.

I responded mainly because I notice this request occassionaly and becuase I don't have any issues at all I was seeking to promote a discussion on why.

I also know from experience that your question would sit here with no response until the developer popped in which is once every few months at present. The development cycle of all of ComicRack is traditionally quite slow with short productive bursts. I guess I have just got used to that over the years. It is more a labour of love than a commercial app

The last person asking seemed to be having major crashes and I am sure that can be fixed by deleting and reinstalling so I was wondering out loud what other issues there may be. Also, some of the feature requests seem to have a confused idea of what the app is supposed to achive, and again those of us that use it frequently can often help with those confusions.

Sure there may be some interesting ways to improve upon it but as far as my usage goes I would only want to set page types on the app or maybe have the sync, only copy certain page types.

I would guess if any work is being done on iOS it is in the area of the newer iPhones.

ComicRack for iOS 1.0.16 Beta 2 years 4 months ago #42216

• JemAsCR
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I also didn't mean to come across as trolling and honestly wanted an answer. I have been extremely happy with the current application with no issues. It does everything I currently need. Would I be happy with some improvements? I am not sure because I may not like the additions. I think the last update to the Windows application has been close to a year now as well. It seems like a standard for yearly feature enhancements with bug fixes throughout that year.

ComicRack for iOS 1.0.16 Beta 2 years 4 months ago #42217

• huffj
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks for the clarification.

I admit I have only been a user for a little over a year so I don't have the experience with release cycles. And this may not be the best place to get a response, but none of the threads are getting responses. At least this topic was posted by crios.

Yeah, I've just become so accustomed to how the app works, that I try not to think about improvements. The page turn transitions are pretty bad. Tap areas are inconstant. The library always reloads if you switch to another app, etc. I think folders on CRiOS on a cosmetic improvement would be great.

ComicRack for iOS 1.0.16 Beta 2 years 4 months ago #42236

• Mammut
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
I think the biggest problem for me is the complete lack of communication, that I don't know if anything will happen with the old requests and bugs or not. Okay, I realized long ago that the answer is no.

I experienced crashes because of too much comics in a list... or CRIOS became slow because of too high resolution comics, but there was no problem in other reading apps so it's not because of the device's power.
But I have no other working problem with the app. I also learned a way to use it, I guess. I'm also using it every week.

And there still are some functions which are in the Android app but not in CRIOS, like the already requested autorotate function.

So I also waited new versions for long.
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Mammut.
  • Page:
Moderators: crios
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Who's Online

We have 358 guests and 3 members online