Welcome, Guest
Section about discussing development builds of CRA

TOPIC: CRA 1.74 RC 1

CRA 1.74 RC 1 4 years 7 months ago #31194

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
Where to look mainly for bugs:

* I totally rewrote the library/filesystem scanning and updating. Should be faster now and it now always checks the file system when starting
* I again changed swiping to make it easier on big tablets and it is now possible to swipe left/right and scroll up/down without having to retouch the device.
* Increased display quality during animations (and swipe)

Thanks for your help :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: CRA 1.74 RC 1 4 years 7 months ago #31196

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 109
cYo wrote:
* I totally rewrote the library/filesystem scanning and updating. Should be faster now and it now always checks the file system when starting

It is indeed faster, but i would still like to have the option -not- to scan at startup. Scanning over 3000 books (and i know i don't need so many on the tablet, but anyway), even improved as it is now, still takes about 40 seconds. That's time that could already be used reading something rather than waiting for program launch. On a positive note, the scanning time is -much- faster than before indeed, and on smaller libraries (ie, the regular situation) it should be near instant.
Disregard that. Seems to be much faster now, was probably something else using the sd card.

I love the swiping changes, makes it much more "fluid" (to quote Sinofsky, during the launch of Window 8).

Don't know if you touched this or not, but page load times are much better too. There used to be s light, noticeable, delay when switching pages, just enough to be noticed, and now i can't feel it anymore.

Looking good, i'll go over it in more detail later today.

fK
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by forkicks.

Re: CRA 1.74 RC 1 4 years 7 months ago #31243

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 109
Ok, i took this RC for a spin, went through around 20 books and i found nothing broken. I tested the program functions reading, changing lists, syncing wirelessly (on the lan), and all worked as advertised.

Really like the way the page changes feel now, on my device its noticeable smoother.

Taking a hint from the LKML:
signed-off-by: forkicks

fK

Re: CRA 1.74 RC 1 4 years 7 months ago #31248

• kenjio
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 127
I'll give this a spin over the next couple of days.
Thanks cYo!
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!

Re: CRA 1.74 RC 1 4 years 7 months ago #31287

• Juan
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15
The swiping feels perfect now, and it is sort of fun to wiggle the pages back and forth.

I noticed that the first time I launched after updating, the file scan took a bit longer on both of my devices. This might be the same effect forkicks noticed.

However, after I quit and relaunched, it was dramatically faster. It loads so fast on my phone now that the progress bar only appears for half a second.

Other than that, the shadow on the deck transition looks nice, but might be too subtle. I could only see it when I did a slow, intentional swipe.

I'll keep trying it out tonight/tomorrow to see if any bugs come up, but it seems ready to go.

---

EDIT: for some reason my tablet can no longer pair on this version, I'll try troubleshooting it later

---

EDIT: it syncs fine now
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Juan.
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds

Who's Online

We have 226 guests and 7 members online