Welcome, Guest
Section about discussing development builds of CRA

TOPIC: CRA 1.76 RC 2 available

CRA 1.76 RC 2 available 4 years 4 months ago #33562

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
* Wifi button in Widget only available if CRW is detected (same as in app)
* New Command in list to check/uncheck items. This is useful if you're syncing a list that has "only checked" enabled. This way you can remove books/stacks from syncing while on the device
* Fixed bug when browsing pages while background is dimmed
* Some layout fixed in the reader
Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by cYo.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: CRA 1.76 RC 2 available 4 years 4 months ago #33717

• Drybonz
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I can't find any changes from RC1 to RC2. Hope I didn't miss something obvious. :blush:

Re: CRA 1.76 RC 2 available 4 years 4 months ago #33718

• cYo
Main change is the new check/uncheck command in the library view.

I would also be interested in any thoughts about the new button layout in 1.76+.

Re: CRA 1.76 RC 2 available 4 years 4 months ago #33719

• Drybonz
  • Gold Boarder
Is it the forward and backward buttons that were changed? It seems to be more compact, which I like.

Re: CRA 1.76 RC 2 available 4 years 4 months ago #33751

• comicste
  • Junior Boarder
The next/previous book first/last page arrows are much better (and less confusing). Personally I could loose all the arrows as I never use them (option?).

With RC2 the brightness button is back (on my phone that it, on the tablet it never went away), which is welcome.

Adjust colours causes a significant hit on scrolling speed (on the slower phone), I assume this is expected.

WiFi synch is working (Windows XP, Androids 2.3, 4.0.4 and 4.1.1) both ways.

Check/Uncheck comics in CRA is helpful, thanks.

The about/history, rating, bookmarks, adjust colours (and others) boxes always follow the orientation of the book being read. That is in landscape mode these boxes are shown in landscape. However the preferences and comic information screens follow the orientation of the device. My phone is set not to auto-rotate screen so stays in portrait mode unless an app requires landscape. My CRA setting always view the book in landscape.
Sign up with Copy with this referal link and we both get an additional 5gb of cloud storage.

https://copy.com?r=ZNrODJ

Re: CRA 1.76 RC 2 available 4 years 4 months ago #33767

• FPMPlay
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
I have a potential issue with WiFi sync. I tried to sync via WiFi and a lot of my books that I synced via USB were deleted (cbp file deleted) but the xml file still shows with a size of 0kb.

I have a SkyTex Imagine 10 tablet running Android 4.1.1. I am using CRA 1.76 RC2 and CRW 0.9.168 32 bit on Windows 7.

I paired my device via USB first. CRW would not see my device until I turned on USB storage mode. Once I did that it synced. It took a very long time but I think that is my issue and I am working through that in a separate thread.

As part of the solution to my sync delays I tried syncing over WiFi. The sync process looked like it was working fine and moving very fast. When I opened CRA I noticed I had less books than before. When I checked the files the explorer I noticed all of the 0KB files.

Another behavior I have noticed is that now it keeps trying to sync those files every time I sync. I have tried deleting the XML files but they do not delete and keep coming back.

One more thing: I tried un-pairing my tablet and then re-pair it via WiFi but it never shows up. If I want to do WiFi sync would the same pairing work for both USB and WiFi or should I have two separate pairing profiles?

I am still running more tests. I will post any new findings and try to reproduce.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by FPMPlay.

Re: CRA 1.76 RC 2 available 4 years 4 months ago #33813

• cYo
I think your device has some problems (see other thread). Maybe your SD card?
The Wifi sync code is very stable and tested.

Re: CRA 1.76 RC 2 available 4 years 4 months ago #33814

• FPMPlay
  • Senior Boarder
I uninstalled the app and formatted my SD card and started over.

This time I was able to pair my device wirelessly and the sync is working great. I still do not see the sync button in the app so I can initiate the sync from the app.

Re: CRA 1.76 RC 2 available 4 years 3 months ago #33823

• FPMPlay
  • Senior Boarder
I finally have WiFi sync working but I think I may have found another issue. I have synced about 430 books to my tablet. I was going through my lists to make sure everything synced and I noticed one list that was missing some books. I restarted the sync and it seemed to be picking up the missing issues of Y The last man. When I refreshed the library they were not there and the books I had read were not removed. I checked my comics directory on the SD card to see if the files were there and this is what I came across:

Now my sync does nothing. It connects and looks like it is doing something but its not. When I look in the tasks window on CRW I see the same sync progress/status every time now.

Prior to this I had uninstall CRA and formated my SD card via windows explorer. I then reinstalled and started from scratch. The sync to get the 430 books on the tablet was super fast.

Re: CRA 1.76 RC 2 available 4 years 3 months ago #33827

• wojosama
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 45
Good god you weren't kidding about the garbage folder/files!

Also I thought of something a little bit ago. It might be your SD card. I'm guessing from everything you said that it's an "external" SD card that you are syncing to. So, if you have another SD card somewhere you can use temporarily to test it (or if you don't have an extra SD card, try syncing to the devices internal memory), and see if it still happens. If it does still happen, then we've pretty much ruled out hardware as the potential culprit.
Last Edit: 4 years 3 months ago by wojosama.
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Who's Online

We have 286 guests and 3 members online