Welcome, Guest
Section about discussing development builds of CRA

TOPIC: CRA 1.76 RC 2 available

Re: CRA 1.76 RC 2 available 4 years 4 months ago #34104

• FPMPlay
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
So I did some more experimentation with my SD card over the weekend and so far have some positive results. I tried the internal memory like Wojosama suggested and it worked great. I only have a 16BG tablet and really wanted to use my 32GB SD card to store comics. I formatted the card again using my Windows PC but this time used NTFS instead of FAT32.

I inserted the card and then copied all of the comics (about 430) from my internal memory over the SD card. I then pointed CRA to the new Comics folder. I then added some more comics (using the same list) since this is where the last sync went crazy. So far so good. I have had no issues and everything is syncing fine via WiFi.

So if you have issues with an SD card, try formatting it as NTFS and start over and see if that helps.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: CRA 1.76 RC 2 available 4 years 4 months ago #34105

• wojosama
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 45
I'm glad I was able to help you. If things go bonkers again, or you have any other problems, feel free to ask.

Re: CRA 1.76 RC 2 available 4 years 4 months ago #34107

• FPMPlay
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
So I decided to try my USB sync again. I have been syncing fine over WiFi all weekend from PC to tablet (I still do not have the sync button on my tablet).

I am not sure what is going on but when I look in the Tasks window it shows that the sync is copying a lot of books that I already have on my tablet. I am going to let it finish to see what happens.

The other behavior difference between WiFi and USB is that when I sync via WiFi nothing is reset. My widget, live wallpaper and app are not interfered with. When I sync via USB my live wallpaper is turned off and my widget is killed always. The app sometimes is deleted.

I will continue my test so I can provide feedback and findings but I will definitely be going back to WiFi sync for my day-to-day use.

Re: CRA 1.76 RC 2 available 4 years 4 months ago #34120

• wojosama
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 45
I'm not sure what's going on with the copying of books already on there. I'll look into it and play around a bit and see if I can replicate it.

As for the wallpaper, widget and uninstalling of the app, I clearly remember someone else reporting that exact same problem not too long ago. I don't think that there was a resolution or cause presented, but I could be wrong.
Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by wojosama.

Re: CRA 1.76 RC 2 available 4 years 4 months ago #34134

• startreksteve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
I think when I run GRsync to my Sandisk MP3 player, it looks in the output window as if its copying existing files, in fact its not, its just comparing files on the host to files on the destination to see if they're newer.
A few times I've ramped up the volume on one Podcast after I sync'ed it to the Sandisk. the next time I synced, GRsync recognised this and copied the changed mp3 to the Sandisk.

Its not just on filename, but date and size at least I think.
Steve
Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by startreksteve.

Re: CRA 1.76 RC 2 available 4 years 4 months ago #34275

• comicste
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Comics shown in the all comics, unread comics and recently opened comics list are show twice.
Sign up with Copy with this referal link and we both get an additional 5gb of cloud storage.

https://copy.com?r=ZNrODJ

Re: CRA 1.76 RC 2 available 4 years 4 months ago #34279

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 108
FPMPlay wrote:
I am not sure what is going on but when I look in the Tasks window it shows that the sync is copying a lot of books that I already have on my tablet. I am going to let it finish to see what happens.

Books that have been read and will be deleted will also show up briefly in the transfer window - perphaps that's what you're seeing? (on the android side, that is)

fK
Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by forkicks.
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Who's Online

We have 251 guests and 4 members online