Welcome, Guest
This is the Help section for the iOS version.

TOPIC: Can't find device

Re: Can't find device 5 years 1 month ago #34820

• crios
  • Thank you received: 80
Happened for me in IE also sometimes, but never in Chrome. But very annoying when it does happen...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Can't find device 5 years 1 month ago #34822

• sammage
  • Fresh Boarder
Turns out I was wrong. So far I can't get ComicRack PC .169 to find my iPad. My network might be complex or something (I've got a couple of hubs in between the computer and the wireless router) but I know the IP address of the iPad and it's running iOS 6.1.3. I created the ini file and copy pasted the text I found in the sticky thread into it. Used no " characters in the parameter. Rebooted the whole PC and iPad. Reconnected the iPad and forced it to connect to iTunes (I have mine set so it doesn't automatically launch iTunes when it is connected). Also made sure my firewall (Bitdefender 2013) was turned off. Still have no luck pairing. I do have a Nexus 7 paired.

It could be Bitdefender I suppose. It's been overly aggressive even when it is SUPPOSED to be turned off before.

Do you know what port you're using for the pairing/synch? Maybe if I port forward something at the router it might help?

Re: Can't find device 5 years 1 month ago #34823

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
cYo wrote:
sammage wrote:
I can't read the first page of this thread. An ad keeps high jacking the URL and redirecting me to www.alternate-ad-url.com/?redir=frame&ui...5724b488306.02006128

It only happens with the first page of this thread. Happens in Chrome and IE. I think I found what I need in the normal CR for iOS thread, but thought you might want to know about the weirdness.

I do not know where this is coming from. It seems ad related.
Maybe someone can enlighten this a little bit.

I did turn off 2 ad positions for the forum and this seems to fix it for me.

Re: Can't find device 5 years 1 month ago #34824

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
sammage wrote:
Turns out I was wrong. So far I can't get ComicRack PC .169 to find my iPad. My network might be complex or something (I've got a couple of hubs in between the computer and the wireless router) but I know the IP address of the iPad and it's running iOS 6.1.3. I created the ini file and copy pasted the text I found in the sticky thread into it. Used no " characters in the parameter. Rebooted the whole PC and iPad. Reconnected the iPad and forced it to connect to iTunes (I have mine set so it doesn't automatically launch iTunes when it is connected). Also made sure my firewall (Bitdefender 2013) was turned off. Still have no luck pairing. I do have a Nexus 7 paired.

It could be Bitdefender I suppose. It's been overly aggressive even when it is SUPPOSED to be turned off before.

Do you know what port you're using for the pairing/synch? Maybe if I port forward something at the router it might help?

The server port on the iPad is 7614

Re: Can't find device 5 years 1 month ago #34825

• sammage
  • Fresh Boarder
cYo wrote:
I did turn off 2 ad positions for the forum and this seems to fix it for me.

Yep, that worked for me too on the thread. Now, back to figuring out this pairing deal. I'm trying to disable bitdefender completely now, but that's not made easy to do by the Bitdefender program.

Re: Can't find device 5 years 1 month ago #34826

• sammage
  • Fresh Boarder
Port forwarding worked it appears. I DID also have the firewall and antivirus disabled at the same time so I don't know if that also needed to be done or was unimportant. But it's working and you can add port forwarding to the list of possible solutions.

Re: Can't find device 5 years 3 weeks ago #34958

• perezoso
  • Fresh Boarder
Enoch Root wrote:
spynotebook wrote:
Not using Parallels but I have it running on my Ubuntu 13.04 server using VirtualBox. My one word of advice that might transfer is to check your network settings. I had to make sure my VM had its own IP address instead of just using NAT to use the servers. I had no problem getting my ipad to work after doing that and running the latest ComicRack.

Perfect. I had mine setup in Shared Network. Once I switched it to Wifi and assigned an IP to the VM, it recognized my iPad immediately.

Hi Enoch Root, I have the same setup as you but using your comments, I've been unable to get my iPad to show up. Could you provide a little more detail on how you got it to work?
Many thanks!
Last Edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by perezoso.

Re: Can't find device 5 years 3 weeks ago #34997

• Enoch Root
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
perezoso wrote:

Hi Enoch Root, I have the same setup as you but using your comments, I've been unable to get my iPad to show up. Could you provide a little more detail on how you got it to work?
Many thanks!

Sure, I already updated the comicrack.ini file with my iPad's IP. Be sure you uncomment the line.

Next I went into Parallels and went to Virtual Machine/Configure and selected Hardware/Network 1

In the Network 1 settings, I had setup the VM as Shared Network meaning it would just be an app using my iMac's IP and changed it to Bridged Network/WiFi and clicked send MAC Address to DHCP Server. This allowed the VM to have its own IP as suggested by spy notebook above.

Then I just started the VM, started ComicRack, went to Devices and my iPad had been detected.

I use Little Snitch on the Mac and had the Windows firewall turned off. I did turn on the Windows firewall after assigning the IP. I am not 100% sure this is needed but my sense is that it is. If I am wrong on this, please anyone feel free to jump in.

Hope this helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: perezoso

Re: Can't find device 5 years 3 weeks ago #35017

• dcburtonjr
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, I haven't understood half (3/4?) of what been said, but I have a somewhat similar question. I'm using Windows 8 on my laptop and I downloaded Comic Rack, but I can't find it. It doesn't show up under apps or anyplace I've looked. It seems to download okay. Where is it? Any suggestions. Is it me or Win 8?
Thanks.

Re: Can't find device 5 years 3 weeks ago #35132

• gyrop
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

Just thought I'd add that I got the sync'ing working on my laptop through the guest house I'm staying at this week's WiFi. Syncs perfectly. Had to add the IP address manually and turn of the firewall for the initial detection. Once it starts transferring, I can switch the firewall back on and leave it working. Definitely firewall and router related. Got the device to detect once on my desktop at home and never again, but I guess I'll try again when I get back.

Regardless, I find the reading of comics on the iPad much easier than ComicZeal or ComicGlass and even without the syncing, this would be my reader of choice.

Thanks for the awesome app.
Moderators: crios
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Who's Online

We have 178 guests and 2 members online