Welcome, Guest
This is the Help section for the iOS version.

TOPIC: Can't find device

Re: Can't find device 5 years 11 months ago #35205

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 302
cYo wrote:
If multicast is not working (or not available), you've to set the device IP in comicrack.ini and you can only initiate a sync from CRW.

Does this imply you have managed to make VPN syncing work? I don't see the device at all via VPN even with an ini file pointing the way.
It is a well known issue that multicasting doesn't play nicely with VPN and even with Microsoft's quickfix I have had no luck.

(I have only tried via windows vista 64 using its inbuilt VPN which is pretty basic. But usually works for most needs.)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Can't find device 5 years 11 months ago #35207

• spynotebook
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
I don't think it is worth it to me to potentially break what works great at home now. There is only the rare occasion that I would need to sync via my VPN connection. But, when I have some more time, I may play around. I understand the relationship between client server a bit better now.

Re: Can't find device 5 years 11 months ago #35265

Hi guys. New to the ComicRack forum but I've been using ComicRack for a bit now. I was really thrilled about getting to use CR on my ipad but I'm having a lot of the same problems as others. I've created the new text file with my ip address, turned off my firewall while doing the initial pairing and rebooted both the ipad and CR. Still I cannot get my ipad show up when trying to pair. If anyone could help me out with another idea or 2 I'd be appreciated. I'm not the most tech savvy guy so explaining things like I'm 5 will not offend me either. Thanks guys.

Re: Can't find device 5 years 11 months ago #35416

It's been a week. No one can help me out?

Re: Can't find device 5 years 11 months ago #35419

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 682
Did you try to follow the guide?

Re: Can't find device 5 years 11 months ago #35428

yes I did. I updated to the newest version of cr, inserted the comic rack.ini text file, restarted both the ipad and cr for windows, yet still didn't see my device. I tried turning off my firewall as well in windows . Just not having any luck

Re: Can't find device 5 years 11 months ago #35430

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 682
I'll release a version of CRW this weekend that has a better way of adding custom IPs and make a quick check if it works.

Re: Can't find device 5 years 11 months ago #35434

I'll keep an eye out for it thank you
Moderators: crios
Time to create page: 0.494 seconds

Who's Online

We have 124 guests and one member online