Welcome, Guest
This is the Help section for the iOS version.

TOPIC: Unable to sync books

Unable to sync books 4 years 5 months ago #34612

• Boojew
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I'm able to pair with comicrack for windows with my ipad, but when I try and sync a smartlist and the sync task runs - nothing copies over. I have re-run the sync a few times and I can see that it runs in about 2s flat. Additionally, the sync option is greyed out on my ipad.

I have tried resetting my network settings. No love there.

Oh and during the sync, I see the library on my ipad refresh - but there is nothing to add...

Details:
- Ipad 4 running 6.1.3
- Windows 8 (bleh)
- CRW 0.9.169
Last Edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Boojew.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Unable to sync books 4 years 5 months ago #34614

• crios
  • Thank you received: 80
As long as the Sync button on the iPad is greyed out, ComicRack on the iPad and ComicRack on Windows can't see each other. Please make sure that ComicRack for Windows is not blocked by your firewall and/or router.

Re: Unable to sync books 4 years 5 months ago #34615

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
Or add the ip of your iPad to comicrack.ini

Re: Unable to sync books 4 years 5 months ago #34626

• Boojew
  • Junior Boarder
crios wrote:
As long as the Sync button on the iPad is greyed out, ComicRack on the iPad and ComicRack on Windows can't see each other. Please make sure that ComicRack for Windows is not blocked by your firewall and/or router.

CRW definitely sees my ipad and a wireshark capture showed that they communicate - sync just seemed to fail. An uninstall and reinstall of CRW using the same install files from before seems to solved the problem. Not sure the issue...

Now, I'm seeing issues where the sync starts and sometimes completes, but other times halts around the 30% mark. I'm syncing ~30 books. Anyways, I will play a bit more with it. Maybe something specific to my setup.

Anyways, cYo/crios - product looks great. Are their plans to allow selective syncing from the ipad? By that I mean, the ability to view your library on the ipad and then select which books to sync? That would be amazing!

Re: Unable to sync books 4 years 5 months ago #34634

I have 35,000 comics in my library in ComicRack, I would like to see them format thumbnail in iPad, and sync the database without import the comics.

Re: Unable to sync books 4 years 5 months ago #34637

• JemAsCR
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I am having the same issue. I can initiate a sync from Comicrack for Windows without any issues, but the Synchronize Now button within Comicrack for iOS is greyed out. I have wiped my iPad, uninstalled / re-installed Comicrack for Windows. I have ran Wireshark traces as well and it seems to be communicating fine. I have disabled the Windows firewall, but so far have been unable to resolve the issue. Could it have something to do with the wireless encryption set in the firewall/router/wifi? I mean it is standard WPA2. I will update if I gather more information. Thanks again cYo for a great product!

Re: Unable to sync books 4 years 5 months ago #34650

• Skattered
  • Fresh Boarder
I have been syncing fine using the sync menu option in CRW, and the Sync button on crios has always been grayed out.

Re: Unable to sync books 4 years 5 months ago #34662

• pcguru30
  • Fresh Boarder
Having the same issue. I had to add the iPad's IP in the comicrack.ini to get it to detect, but once I did so, I was able to get it to pair with the windows program and I could initiate a sync from the windows program, but I can't initiate the sync from the iPad because the button is not able to be selected. Comicrack is allowed through the firewall, I even tried using the port forwarding information from the sharing to see if that helped and it did not. I'm also on Windows 8 and the iPad is a mini running 6.1.3

Re: Unable to sync books 4 years 5 months ago #34665

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
From all I know, this problem is only related to the used router (or router setup).

The workflow of autodetection is as follows:

* iPad broadcasts a info packet into the local network
* CRW gets the broadcast and sends information about it's existence to the iPad
* iPad enables button

On some routers step one fails, CRW never receives the info about the iPad.
This same problem exists for the Android version and I was never able to solve it, as all the routers I used just worked.

See this for some info:
comicrack.cyolito.com/forum/42-prereleas...it=10&start=10#30064

If someone comes up with a solution please tell me :)

Re: Unable to sync books 4 years 5 months ago #34667

• JemAsCR
  • Fresh Boarder
Everyone that has "Synchronize Now" within the application is greyed out what protocol encryption are you using with wpa/wpa2 -- TKIP or AES or TKIP/AES?

Verizon seems to have removed any option but AES from their new router, which is because AES is more secure than TKIP. My best guess here if users that work are using TKIP then the issue lies here. I am going to setup a temporary wireless router to see if I can prove this theory.

Update: I setup the new wireless router and just as I suspected it is related to the wireless encryption. If I set it to TKIP the "Synchronize Now" is available. If I set it to AES or TKIP/AES, "Synchronize Now" is greyed out. Long story short, if you have the option in your wireless router to set it to use TKIP only for your wireless encryption then "Synchronize Now" will work from your iPad in the ComicRack for iOS app. Hope this helps everyone. I guess I will leave this junk G router in-place using TKIP until I can order a new access point.
Last Edit: 4 years 5 months ago by JemAsCR.
The following user(s) said Thank You: perezmu
Moderators: crios
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds

Who's Online

We have 254 guests and one member online