Welcome, Guest
This is the Help section for the iOS version.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cannot sync what I want in a list

Cannot sync what I want in a list 4 years 4 months ago #34668

• Blocker
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Im having all sorts of trouble trying to sync the comics I want from my collection. I thought I could just tick "Never Read" and load the first 50 comics in that list but I get all sorts of randomness. I've tried adding comics to a list and the same stuff is happening. I have unticked all sorting options in Windows and in the app. This is incredibly frustrating, all i want to do is read my Never Read comics in the order they are in Windows.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Cannot sync what I want in a list 4 years 4 months ago #34670

• Blocker
  • Junior Boarder
Also I now have comics on my ipad that I dont want on there, if I try to delete them I get a message saying "The comic is synced and cannot be deleted"

Re: Cannot sync what I want in a list 4 years 4 months ago #34672

• crios
  • Thank you received: 80
The comics will be removed from your iPad the next time you sync and those comics are not part of any lists on the ComicRack for Windows-side.

Re: Cannot sync what I want in a list 4 years 4 months ago #34673

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Blocker wrote:
I thought I could just tick "Never Read" and load the first 50 comics in that list but I get all sorts of randomness.....all i want to do is read my Never Read comics in the order they are in Windows.
In the Device Manager, you get 5 options of Sorting: random, series, alternate series, published, and added.

When you sync 50 books sorted by, say, series, then ComicRack tries to pick up books from all series. Suppose you have 10 series in the list. Then with the sync, you will get around 5 books per series.

If you wish different results, you just need to make better (more organized) lists.
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by 600WPMPO.

Re: Cannot sync what I want in a list 4 years 4 months ago #34675

• Blocker
  • Junior Boarder
Crios, the comics in question have stayed through several syncs without disappearing. Weird thing is they are the same comic...a triplicate of the same issue that kept syncing first when I wanted something else to sync first.

600WPMPO I will never be able to organise my library better, it's kind of large, I just want to be able to read it as I see it on CR for windows. I finally figured out that if I transfer say 30 comics to a list with no sorting options at either end, syncing works ok, but it took me a long time to figure it out, maybe something needs to be added to the IOS manual in regards to sorting comics for syncing. I have a feeling that this could be a turn off for people who discover Comicrack through IOS, they will just want it to work without a lot of effort.

Re: Cannot sync what I want in a list 4 years 4 months ago #34676

• Blocker
  • Junior Boarder
What would happen if I try to sync 50 comics sorted by series, supposing I have 1000 series in the list?

Re: Cannot sync what I want in a list 4 years 4 months ago #34690

• Blocker
  • Junior Boarder
Yup it did what you can imagine, one of each series.

What I would like to be able to do is sync the whole of a series from a list without having to add to a new list by itself or reorganise my whole library.

Also those 3 comics are still there after syncing, I've marked as read so hopefully next sync they disappear.

Re: Cannot sync what I want in a list 4 years 4 months ago #34691

• kenjio
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 127
You could set the list to sync only checked, then inside that list, only check the comics you want to sync.
But yes, making lists to organize your library will make everything easier in time. That's what's so awesome about CRW, the library organization functions.
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!

Re: Cannot sync what I want in a list 4 years 4 months ago #34698

• Blocker
  • Junior Boarder
My problem is the volume of comics I have, I just don't have the time to make lists, I just want to read what I have in the order they are in my never read list with no fuss, I'll try checking and see how that works.

What would be cool, is a web server link up like in Calibre where I can point my iPad browser to my Caliber collection and pick what I want to bring over, maybe some kind of mash up where you could view your library, choose multiple comics and sync, all from the ipad.

Re: Cannot sync what I want in a list 4 years 4 months ago #34708

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Blocker wrote:
My problem is the volume of comics I have, I just don't have the time to make lists.
This approach goes against the basic philosophy of efficiently working with ComicRack for Windows. The more organized your comics would be, the greater the control you'll have on what you sync. No matter how large a collection is, with the help of the ComicVine scraper & the Data Manager script, you can organize them pretty fast. If you want to, that is. :-)
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
  • Page:
Moderators: crios
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

Who's Online

We have 218 guests and 6 members online