Welcome, Guest
This is the Help section for the iOS version.

TOPIC: How to fix failed detection of the iPad

Re: How to fix failed detection of the iPad 3 years 10 months ago #37737

• Reducer
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I've followed the steps in this topic along with another thread about ensuring IGMP multicasting is enabled on your router, but still have bad luck getting ComicRack to see my iPad. I have an iPad Air with latest IOS and latest ComicRack installed. ComicRack itself is running on Windows 8.1 in a Parallel's VM and I cannot get ComicRack to detect my iPad for the life of me. It used to work just fine, then a few weeks ago nothing. I've added the IP address of my iPad to ComicRack but a "test" of that says failure. I can ping the iPad just fine. I have the Windows Firewall disabled. I have reinstalled ComicRack on the iPad, rebooted the iPad, reset the iPad's network with no luck. The iPad does show up in Windows just fine and I can browse the pictures on it. Any ideas?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How to fix failed detection of the iPad 3 years 10 months ago #37739

• Tanyl
  • Fresh Boarder
Tanyl wrote:
And now it's magically working. No changes made to either the Windows machine or the iPad.

I was able to Pair the device without doing the Advanced Wireless setup. Not even gonna try the advanced setting or tinker any more with it; it'a working so I'm leaving it be.

Annnd now it doesn't work any more. Last sync was 53 days ago.

Rather depressing, since when it works, it works great, and when it doesn't, there's basically no support whatsoever to get it up and running again. :(

Re: How to fix failed detection of the iPad 3 years 10 months ago #37740

• Tanyl
  • Fresh Boarder
CRIOS- I would be more than willing to work with you or whomever else is helping with network connection/syncing. I'm more than happy to provide logs, diagnostics and configurations from my iPad/laptop/router, whatever helps get this up and running solid for myself as well as the rest of the ComicRack community.

Re: How to fix failed detection of the iPad 3 years 10 months ago #37741

• crios
  • Thank you received: 80
Let's try this first:

Have you checked if the IP address of your iPad got changed since you last performed a sync? Unpair your device in ComicRack for Windows, enter the (new) IP address of your iPad and pair again.

Re: How to fix failed detection of the iPad 3 years 10 months ago #37743

• Reducer
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm also willing to help troubleshoot this problem. I'm been an IT worker for over ten years, so we can get pretty technical with the troubleshooting if necessary. I checked my IP also and it hasn't changed.

Re: How to fix failed detection of the iPad 3 years 9 months ago #37745

• crios
If your iPad's IP address hasn't changed, please try to unpair and re-pair from ComicRack for Windows again. Also please ensure that you are on the same network, and that you are using an up-to-date version of ComicRack for Windows.

If you have manually entered the iPad's IP address in ComicRack for Windows, please make sure that Windows can open a TCP connection to the iPad on port 7614.

If you have not entered the iPad's IP address in ComicRack for Windows, your iPad sends broadcast packets via UDP on port 7615 to signal availability.

I'm not an expert in router configuration, so it would be great if someone else can chime in aswell and help us resolve the issues.

Re: How to fix failed detection of the iPad 3 years 9 months ago #37747

• Reducer
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for providing the port used, that helped with my troubleshooting. I used PortQuery from Microsoft to check for the availability of that port on my iPad. I had ComicRack on the iPad open and queried that port on UDP and TCP but it always responded as NOT LISTENING. I then rebooted by iPad and ran PortQuery again and it was able to connect on TCP and then synchronize.

So a reboot of the iPad fixed it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tanyl

Re: How to fix failed detection of the iPad 3 years 9 months ago #37757

• Tanyl
  • Fresh Boarder
Reducer wrote:
Thanks for providing the port used, that helped with my troubleshooting. I used PortQuery from Microsoft to check for the availability of that port on my iPad. I had ComicRack on the iPad open and queried that port on UDP and TCP but it always responded as NOT LISTENING. I then rebooted by iPad and ran PortQuery again and it was able to connect on TCP and then synchronize.

So a reboot of the iPad fixed it.
Query Result from using Port Query:

=============================================

Starting portqry.exe -n 192.168.1.6 -e 7614 -p TCP ...

Querying target system called:

Attempting to resolve IP address to a name...

IP address resolved to iPad.home

querying...

TCP port 7614 (unknown service): FILTERED
portqry.exe -n 192.168.1.6 -e 7614 -p TCP exits with return code 0x00000002.

I'm using a Verizon FIOS router, an iPad3 on IOS7 v 7.0.4 (11B554a). I can provide any model numbers or settings on the router you request, just let me know.

Thanks!

Re: How to fix failed detection of the iPad 3 years 9 months ago #37759

• crios
The result of the Port Query Tool should be LISTENING, but yours says FILTERED. This means that either the Windows Firewall or your router blocks the TCP port 7614. For the Windows Firewall you could open in the Window's control panel, but I unfortunately cannot help you with the router. But I'm sure someone else can, or you can try finding something on google (or ask at Verzion) how to open the port.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tanyl

Re: How to fix failed detection of the iPad 3 years 9 months ago #37762

• Tanyl
  • Fresh Boarder
crios wrote:
The result of the Port Query Tool should be LISTENING, but yours says FILTERED. This means that either the Windows Firewall or your router blocks the TCP port 7614. For the Windows Firewall you could open in the Window's control panel, but I unfortunately cannot help you with the router. But I'm sure someone else can, or you can try finding something on google (or ask at Verzion) how to open the port.

That was a huge point in the right direction, thanks! Turns out Verizon FIOS routers have an IGMP proxy enabled, which is the culprit. After I disabled the IGMP proxy and rebooted the router, iPad responds as LISTENING through PortQuery, and is in the process of syncing with ComicRack as I type this.

http://www.rajatswarup.com/blog/2013/03/15/verizon-fios-and-ps3-media-server-streaming-issues/ Is where I ultimately landed at for this solution. Verizon FIOS, by default, enables an IGMP proxy, which apparently is also a huge issue for people who want to use their PS3 as a media streaming device, or use Apple's AirPlay.

Thanks for the help CRIOS and Reducer! Hopefully this will help anyone else who is having issues with sync. :)
Moderators: crios
Time to create page: 0.272 seconds

Who's Online

We have 134 guests and 6 members online