Welcome, Guest
This is the Help section for the iOS version.

TOPIC: How do I upload comics to my iPad... I don't have a PC!!!

How do I upload comics to my iPad... I don't have a PC!!! 4 years 4 months ago #35766

• Mac44
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

As far as I can tell, we must use Comicrack for WIndows to upload to our iPad? That's crazy, considering most iPad users have a Mac as their base computer (including me). I read somewhere it says to go through iTunes, but I don't see how. All of the apps purchased there are not openable in iTunes, they are just listed there.

Am I missing something? I just simply want to upload my new comics to my iPad reader. :( Thanks for your help.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How do I upload comics to my iPad... I don't have a PC!!! 4 years 4 months ago #35767

• startreksteve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
First question, on what device do you aquire your comics?
Just install dropbox, and sync your comics from your device you aquire them on to your Ipad with dropbox, or any oter cloud syncing app.
Im on Ubuntu on my main machine, and only use Comic Rack Android for reading comics.
Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by startreksteve.

Re: How do I upload comics to my iPad... I don't have a PC!!! 4 years 4 months ago #35772

• ackbarr
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 52
Mac44 wrote:
Hi,

As far as I can tell, we must use Comicrack for WIndows to upload to our iPad? That's crazy, considering most iPad users have a Mac as their base computer (including me). I read somewhere it says to go through iTunes, but I don't see how. All of the apps purchased there are not openable in iTunes, they are just listed there.

Am I missing something? I just simply want to upload my new comics to my iPad reader. :( Thanks for your help.

ComicRack for iOS was designed as a companion reader for the ComicRack for Windows app at the very fervent request of existing ComicRack for Windows users. It certainly can be used as a standalone cbr / cbz reader, but to unlock some of its features (wifi sync, user created smart reading lists, auto file conversion / compression, etc) you have to partner it with ComicRack for Windows.

cYo has considered porting the ComicRack for Windows app to Linux or OSX, however it is built using Microsoft .NET technologies and the open-source implementations of those technologies have serious gaps so a port would require a significant rewrite of the app.

Re: How do I upload comics to my iPad... I don't have a PC!!! 4 years 4 months ago #35773

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
Mac44 wrote:
Hi,

Without CRW you've to copy them with iTunes as usual.

Re: How do I upload comics to my iPad... I don't have a PC!!! 4 years 4 months ago #35782

• Mac44
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, thanks but how do I do this? I can't see how to import image files into my iTunes.

Re: How do I upload comics to my iPad... I don't have a PC!!! 4 years 4 months ago #35783

• Mac44
  • Fresh Boarder
ah this might work. i do have dropbox on my Mac. and i have the Dropbox app on my iPad. so then Comicrack has a way of "reading" / importing Dropbox files? my comics were bought using my OSX laptop.

Re: How do I upload comics to my iPad... I don't have a PC!!! 4 years 4 months ago #35784

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Mac44 wrote:
Hi, thanks but how do I do this? I can't see how to import image files into my iTunes.
  1. Connect the iPad to your computer using USB cable.
  2. iTunes should open automatically, but if it doesn't open iTunes.
  3. In the left column, click on Devices > (your device)
  4. Click on the "Apps" tab.
  5. Scroll down from the "Sync Apps" section to the "File Sharing" section.
  6. Click on ComicRack.
  7. Drop your comic files into the ComicRack Documents section.
  8. Open ComicRack on your iPad and it will complete the import!

Comics take around 7 seconds each to import. Please keep in mind that whatever comics you add, iTunes will want to back up. So don't add tens or gigabytes at once or your next sync will take a while!
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: How do I upload comics to my iPad... I don't have a PC!!! 4 years 4 months ago #35785

• Mac44
  • Fresh Boarder
here is a screenshot, the files are in my Comicrack app, okay.

Re: How do I upload comics to my iPad... I don't have a PC!!! 4 years 4 months ago #35788

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
You can not upload pdf files this way
Through iTunes only CBZ/CBR is supported.

Re: How do I upload comics to my iPad... I don't have a PC!!! 4 years 4 months ago #35789

• Mac44
  • Fresh Boarder
I tried to upload the .cbr file instead, but iTunes would not accept it. :(
Moderators: crios
Time to create page: 0.282 seconds

Who's Online

We have 226 guests and one member online