Welcome, Guest
Here you can report bugs of the iOS version
  • Page:

TOPIC: Syncing bug

Syncing bug 4 years 4 months ago #34617

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 248
To test out the new app, I have a short series that I am currently reading in a smart list filtered by series name only.
When I sync it first time it transfers all of the unread items to the iPad fine.

If I then read some of the comics or mark some as read and resync, instead of just removing the read comics, it removes the whole series. If I then sync again I get all of the unread comics back, so this works as expected, but clearly I should be able to do this with 1 sync not 2.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Syncing bug 4 years 4 months ago #34661

• crios
  • Thank you received: 80
That is strange behavior. Can you please post the sync-settings (or a screenshot) of this list in ComicRack for Windows.

Re: Syncing bug 4 years 3 months ago #34740

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
Sure, very basic settings.
but behavior has been inconsistent.

Sticking with this example to start:

(all books are cbz and all are updated, smart list is from the library and only rule is "Series is")

Sort by series, Only unread
no limit, last read off
optimize size off, only checked off.

(Have also tried sort by published.)

However the behavior has changed. now the last two issues in the list toggle with each other, but everything else seems OK.

So I sync first time and book 25 is there and 26 isn't then I sync again and book 26 is there and book 25 isn't.

Read books now disappear as expected, but some of my other lists have occasionally gone missing and re-synced next time.

I would remove the list and start again but I'm more keen to help you understand the bug than getting it to work.
Last Edit: 4 years 3 months ago by jkthemac.

Re: Syncing bug 4 years 3 months ago #34742

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
Also, if I limit to 3 books the fist sync shows (22,23,24) correctly but 2nd shows (22,23) 3rd shows (22,24) 4th (22,23).

So the behavior is clearly based on the last book in the limited or unlimited list.

I have another list that is identical for a much longer series but is based off of a normal list not a smart list, and that works just fine, so I know how to work around it.

Another odd behavior is one of my bigger lists randomly disappears for a sync and then reloads next sync, then it seems OK for a while

Lastly I keep noticing a particular book syncing and then disappearing that is in my recent release list. In this case it would be the first in a list based on a series name sort. The smart list anything added in last 8 days and published in the last 30 days. Again this is sort by series and only unread with nothing else ticked.
Last Edit: 4 years 3 months ago by jkthemac.

Re: Syncing bug 4 years 3 months ago #34840

• kitsume
  • Fresh Boarder
Also, about syncing bugs...
Crashes, lot's of crashes!
But worst of all, it makes duplicates of some issuies, each time I syncing.

Re: Syncing bug 4 years 3 months ago #34845

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
Are always the same files duplicated?

Re: Syncing bug 4 years 3 months ago #34847

• kitsume
  • Fresh Boarder
Varies, but usually yes. Sometimes, if I delete the whole serie and resync it helps, but usually not.

Ah, and copies don't belongs to any lists original ones do.
Last Edit: 4 years 3 months ago by kitsume.

Re: Syncing bug 4 years 3 months ago #34850

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
For the record I have simplified the smart list for my longer list and the problem of the list disappearing and then resyncing seems to have gone away. So it may be down to a complex set of rules, maybe the library update was changing something and making the list reorder itself somehow.

Re: Syncing bug 4 years 3 months ago #34959

• Blocker
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I'm finding the comic I'm currently reading disappears if I sync before finishing the issue, I have keep last read ticked but unread ticked as well so I'm figuring unread is taking precedence, would be cool if a omc wasn't marked as read or reading until its finished.

Re: Syncing bug 4 years 3 months ago #34991

• Blocker
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Something else I've just noticed. Im syncing 50 comics from a list so it takes the 50 comics from the first 50 series in that list alphabetically except its not syncing from series starting with "the". For instance The 'Nam is at top of my list, further on I have several series that start with "The Adventures of...". In CR for Windows "the" is ignored and these series are featured alphabetically based on the next word but when syncing to IOS "the" appears to be seen as the first word.

Hope that made sense...
  • Page:
Moderators: crios
Time to create page: 0.460 seconds

Who's Online

We have 215 guests and 7 members online