Welcome, Guest
Here you can report bugs of the iOS version
  • Page:

TOPIC: Duplicating Comics still?

Duplicating Comics still? 4 years 1 day ago #37087

I just want to ask if someone is looking at the comic duplication issues. I´ve seen various posts here stating this bug but no answer as to how to solve this.

At the beggining i though it was related to my comics but after lots of installs and reinstalls and painful syncs it is clear that it happens randomly.

It is clear to me by now that the program is not capable of transferring the saved rating/read state from iOS to the PC, and thus does not understand the two comics at both ends of the transfer as being the same. The solution he decides to take is to transfer the comic again to iOS and add a (2) at the end of the file (or whatever the number of syncs you've done). This ends up with you having multiples of the same comic in iOS but with different ratings.

The interesting point is that this duplicates are only visible at the All Comics tab and do not appear at their respective lists.

In my humble understanding it shouldn't be too difficult to track the bug in the code because it should be very clear where a "(2)" is being added to a comic. It's just a matter of seeing what precedes that.

Also, this makes transferring a pain because you are effectively loading the comic every time. After a few transfers your only choice is uninstalling and installing again and losing all of your data. I changed from ComicGlass to ComicRack for the only purpose of record saving but this bug is seriously starting to make me want to drop the program.

Just for record i`m using Win8, last Comicrack version for both PC and iOS.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Duplicating Comics still? 3 years 10 months ago #37545

• Zeriman
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm having the same issue, but it only is happening to one series (which strangely enough also happens to be the first series as listed in the app even though alphabetically it should not be the first). Every time I sync with the PC all the comics sync up fine except for this one series which just adds another issue to the iPad. I even removed this series from my reading list on the PC and it still is adding it to the ipad during each sync. They are going to take up alot of space on my ipad before long.

I have an iPad Air and syncing with a Win7 pc.

Re: Duplicating Comics still? 3 years 10 months ago #37546

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
Sorry for the radio silence lately.
We're currently hard at work creating the iOS 7 update of ComicRack.

We'll try to fix all the current bugs in this update or shortly after.

Re: Duplicating Comics still? 3 years 10 months ago #37550

• Zeriman
  • Fresh Boarder
Looking forward to the update. Thanks for all your great work on this app. It's so awesome to be able to sync with the PC. It was a major motivation in upgrading my first gen iPad to the iPad Air.

Re: Duplicating Comics still? 3 years 9 months ago #37839

• najmahal
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello

I just wanted to say that the duplication bug is still there and is really really annoying :(

I don't know if it can help but it always happens with the same comics and keeps duplicating each comic at each sync. I have tried to recreate the cbz by unzipping the archive and even deleting the ComicInfo.xml file and writing back all the info from scratch but it didn't help...

I have unchecked those comics on my PC so they won't sync anymore (and proliferate) but the duplicates ones that are already on the iPad won't get deleted during the sync and there is no way to manually delete them (CRiOS doesn't even count them in the summary of the last sync option window)...

Hopefully this will be solved shortly!

Anyway, Thanks for the great work and for this (still) amazing app ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: farhan5988

Re: Duplicating Comics still? 3 years 9 months ago #37844

• crios
  • Thank you received: 80
Would you be willing to volunteer in helping me solve that issue (or anyone else that also experiences the same behavior)?

Can you remove all comics from the app (eventually with a reinstall of the app if you cannot delete them manually). And then sync the problematic comics (with a custom list that includes only a couple of them). Then change the reading state of a comic (eg. mark as read) on the iPad. And then sync again. Will the comics duplicate? All of them, or just the changed one?

Thanks.

Re: Duplicating Comics still? 3 years 9 months ago #37845

• najmahal
  • Fresh Boarder
Although I had to sync all my comics some days ago since I have moved my comics from my laptop to my PC (btw, is there a way to sync comics from two different PCs without having to delete everything from CRiOS?) I am so eager to getting rid of this bug that I am willing to help you.

I think I can answer already this question. I have tried to mark the book as read in CRiOS and resync, and it didn't change anything but I did not delete all the other comics as you are asking me to do.

One other piece of information that may help you (or not). I will explain in detail all the steps in order to be as clear as I can :

I have configured ComicRack on my PC to sync all the comics that are marked as checked.

At one point the comics that were being duplicated at each sync were "Vae Victis!" (the name doesn't really matter but it's just to have a reference)...

So I unchecked all the comics from this series in order to stop the duplication.

I have added other comics that are alphabetically smaller than the letter "v" and synced my CRiOS.

The new comics were added but the duplicated "Vae Victis" were still there (note that the first comic of each one duplicated were removed, which are the ones that are note renamed in (1), (2), (3), etc...). No way to get rid of them, no matter how many sync I would do.

After a while I have added a new series that starts with a "Y". Some comics from that series started to get duplicated but for a very strange reason all the duplicates from the Vae Victis series disappeared...

So I started to wonder if CRiOS were not just duplicating the last series (alphabetically speaking).

So I added a new series that starts with a "Z" and hit the synchronize button... Well, I was wrong. The new series was added but not duplicated and the "Y" duplicated series was still there...

So I am wondering (but couldn't find a case to test it) : if a new series starts to piss me off and get duplicated, will it remove the "Y" duplicated series? je ne sais pas :)

Do you still want me to proceed with the re installation of the app and follow the steps detailed in your post - and lose later on more then 3 hours to have all my comics back on my iPad ;) - ?

Re: Duplicating Comics still? 3 years 9 months ago #37846

• crios
  • Thank you received: 80
Can you please post a screenshot of the library view showing the duplicated comics? Also a screenshot from the Info screen of one of the duplicated comics.

It's interesting that the files get renamed.

So after you have synced with the Y series, the V series disappeared. But when you then sync the V series again (without the Y series), will it get duplicated again?

Re: Duplicating Comics still? 3 years 9 months ago #37847

• najmahal
  • Fresh Boarder
sorry for the misleading info. I only see the "renaming" (1), (2), (3) during the syncing on the sync progress bar screen. The renaming doesn't appear later on in the Info screen.

I have attached the screenshots of the Y series with the duplicates as well as the screenshot of the info screen of one of the duplicated comics.

And yes, when I sync the V series again (without the Y series), it still get duplicated

Re: Duplicating Comics still? 3 years 9 months ago #37848

• najmahal
  • Fresh Boarder
sorry for the duplicate post ;)
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by najmahal.
  • Page:
Moderators: crios
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Who's Online

We have 203 guests and 9 members online