Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas for new features
  • Page:

TOPIC: Some requests

Some requests 4 years 5 months ago #34827

• Barbiche0
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
First, i want to adress many thanks to the team for this great App that i've been waiting for a looong time, especially because i bought my iPad mainly to read comics.

I'd like to ask for some features, and even though i know they will definitely appear later, asking may get them upper in the to-do list :whistle:
- ratings with 0.1 incrementation, with +/- 0.1 buttons maybe (because 2.6 and 2.4 mean so much more than 2.5 :P )
- being able to disable the zooming out/side-sliding animation when moving to a next/previous page
- ordering by position in reading list : It is really needed when you're in a complicated storyline where you can't remember the proper order.

Thank you again !
Last Edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Barbiche0.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Some requests 4 years 5 months ago #34828

• sammage
  • Fresh Boarder
I second the order by position in reading list request. I just sent over WW Hulk and can't get the iPad reading order to match the PC reading order so far. I can edit some fields and make it happen I think, but I would prefer not to do that to all my reading order lists since I already put in the time on the PC getting them set up the way I wanted them.

And thanks for putting out an iPad version. My Nexus 7 is great, but as I get older the iPad screen is a nicer reading experience for comics.

Re: Some requests 4 years 5 months ago #34830

• krandor
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
I used CRA some (juts overall used my iPad more) and on there if you wanted the reading list to transfer over properly in order make sure to turn OFF sorting when setting up the list to sync and then on the tablet as well select "no sorting" and then it should default to the order as in the list.

I'm going to sync over some chrological x-men later today and I'll let you know if that seems to work as well on the IOS version.

Re: Some requests 4 years 5 months ago #34839

• crios
  • Thank you received: 80
- being able to disable the zooming out/side-sliding animation when moving to a next/previous page

You can already do that in the Settings "app" in the ComicRack section.

Re: Some requests 4 years 5 months ago #34856

• Barbiche0
  • Fresh Boarder
@krandor : thank you for your suggestion, i tried it but even with sorting options disabled in my CRW reading list and on my ipad before the syncing, i can't get the right order then. Maybe i don't do it right, or maybe it won't work this way in CRIOS. :blink:
crios wrote:

I can't understand why i did not see it when i browsed the options before to post. With the "show full page" option disabled and the stack option selected (animation options in 1.0?! You rock, crios!) when changing pages, this is really great ! I crossed out this request in the first post.

Re: Some requests 4 years 5 months ago #34902

• Magnus97
  • Fresh Boarder
I just got the iPod app and it works beautifully for me. I especially love the image adjustment feature. One improvement that would delight me would be the ability of the app to recognize page type settings. Many of my comics have scanner credits as the first page, causing that to be treated as the cover in the library window. Works fine but looks yucky. I have the second page in those files set as "cover".

Re: Some requests 4 years 5 months ago #34912

• krandor
  • Gold Boarder
Barbiche0 wrote:
@krandor : thank you for your suggestion, i tried it but even with sorting options disabled in my CRW reading list and on my ipad before the syncing, i can't get the right order then. Maybe i don't do it right, or maybe it won't work this way in CRIOS. :blink:

I just tried it with a standard list that was organized in a reading order. Synced it as "no sort" and it preserved the reading order they were in.

What type of list (smart or regular) are you trying to sync? Do you have it manually ordered or automatic ordering? If automatic, how are you ordering it?

Re: Some requests 4 years 5 months ago #34919

• Barbiche0
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm trying to sync a regular list with no ordering option in the main windows of CRW, ordering selection disabled in the Devices window, and no ordering option in CRIOS.

I'm about to try with a brand new list to be sure.

EDIT: wow, i'm impressed, it does work, even for the list already synced. I just realized the syncing options where customizable for each list, so that i had to disable the ordering for each list. Now i get the right ordering. Thanks for your help on this !

Now i guess i can cross out another request, and this leave just one rightful one left. :cheer:
Last Edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Barbiche0.

Re: Some requests 4 years 5 months ago #34922

• krandor
  • Gold Boarder
Barbiche0 wrote:
I'm trying to sync a regular list with no ordering option in the main windows of CRW, ordering selection disabled in the Devices window, and no ordering option in CRIOS.

I'm about to try with a brand new list to be sure.

EDIT: wow, i'm impressed, it does work, even for the list already synced. I just realized the syncing options where customizable for each list, so that i had to disable the ordering for each list. Now i get the right ordering. Thanks for your help on this !

Now i guess i can cross out another request, and this leave just one rightful one left. :cheer:

great to hear it worked for you. Sync settings are pre-list so yeah you can setup each list to sync based on what is best for that list.

Definitely a bit of a learning process with a new app like this.

Re: Some requests 4 years 5 months ago #35021

• micnda
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
crios wrote:

Could please provide some steps on how to do this? I can't find the option in the app settings to disable to animation.
  • Page:
Moderators: crios
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Who's Online

We have 239 guests and 3 members online