Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas for new features
  • Page:

TOPIC: Streaming Comics?

Re: Streaming Comics? 3 years 10 months ago #37487

• Madmatx
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
Does the Remote Library feature not work with the iPad? That sounds like what you guys are asking for.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Streaming Comics? 3 years 10 months ago #37488

• Boojew
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
nope

- 3 years 10 months ago #37529

• Pb
  • Junior Boarder
-
Last Edit: 3 years 2 weeks ago by Pb.

Streaming Comics? 2 years 7 months ago #41896

• Drybonz
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
This is an older thread but for anyone still looking for a way to "stream" comics directly to your ios reader from you pc, ComicGlass is by far the best for this (and the one that has had this feature the longest).

More apps are starting to add this feature, such as YacReader (also has a nice integrated PC reader and is developing quickly), Air Comix, Chunky (with third party pc servers), etc... allowing you to select a book from the PC and start reading on your tablet without waiting for a download.

Its definitely the best way for us guys that have large PC libraries to read our books.

I've requested the feature a couple time for ComicRack over the last couple years, but I don't think cYo wants to add it.

Anyway, it is becoming available in more and more readers... try those examples above. (my fave is ComicGlass).
Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Drybonz.

Streaming Comics? 2 years 4 months ago #42351

• burnshroom
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I keep trying different things to stream comics to my android device.

I the "home server library" topic I setup a mounted drive on android, so that the Comicrack app sees all my comics on a mounted network share. This was a clunky work around as it took AGES for comicrack to update the local library. Often.

So I was back to searching the interwebs for another solution and found Comic Cafe. It's a java based server app with a corresponding Android app. Tried this but I didn't really like the app, or maybe didn't give it an honest try. But I have moved on from this.

I am now on to a program called Ubooquity, which serves my comics via a webportal via a browser. No apps to install, but also no updating of reading progress.

Still would like an integrated solution within CR, but for now this seems OK as an option.

Streaming Comics? 2 years 4 months ago #42353

• LonelyTV
  • Fresh Boarder
I have been using Comic Streamer for several months now on my Linux and Windows computers. It has worked well, with very few hiccups. It's not perfect but it does well and I can access my share outside of my network which is great. The downside is that I can use Comic Rack on my tablet or phone to read them as it doesn't support it. However you can use something like Chunky on iOS or Astonishing Comic Reader on Android to do so. I like that both can either stream or download from it, so while I'm at home I can read them in bed without downloading them but if I want to take them on the go I can download them to my device.

Streaming Comics? 1 year 11 months ago #44134

• tglass1976
  • Fresh Boarder
I have all my comics stored in google drive and have been forced to use a combination of Comic Rack and Chunky reader. I will sync stuff I know I want to read with Comic Rack, but if I'm out somewhere and just want to browse my folders and find whatever looks interesting, I load up Chunky which has Google Drive support. Those don't get any of the Comic Rack benefits such as read/unread or the additional info from comic vine scraper.

Really hoping Google Drive support can get added. I love using Comic Rack to manage everything and create lists, but lack of cloud support is really hampering it's long term use at this point.

Streaming Comics? 1 year 8 months ago #44633

• Lasborg
  • Fresh Boarder
I manage my librart on my pc which also have some about ½ of my comic on it, the other ½ is on my synology nas. I use wifi sync to my ipad and limit the numbers of issues it syncs as well as convert to webp to save space. (and with the need to switch to another wifi on my PC/ipad to get around the "streaming error" issues
When i am out and about i would like to be able to access my comics and stream them from my synology for example using webdav to connect to my nas as it is supported directly.

Streaming comics to android/ios (in the comicrack realm) keeping read unread status and the likes are very important to get working. ComickRack is beginning to feel quite old
  • Page:
Moderators: crios
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Who's Online

We have 208 guests and 8 members online