Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

TOPIC: Sick Beard for Comics – Now that would be cool…

Re: Sick Beard for Comics – Now that would be cool… 4 years 7 months ago #30959

• Wired
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
evilhero wrote:
It's purr alpha, but use the mylar.address/idirectory to get into the importer...lenter in the dir, check off the options you want and hit save and scan. Then go to mylar.address/importDirectory and either hit import or do a confirm (if its already on your watchlist) ...try one series dir initiallg instead of your entire library to see how it goes for you....I've been able to import 20-25 series both new and not without a problem, but its been awhile since I tried it.

<URL>/idirectory worked and scanned a folder w/ 4 comics. In the logs it looks like it's comparing them to every comic book ever made or something.

<URL>/importDirectory doesn't come up with anything (can't find /importDirectory). Under the mylar folder /data/interfaces/default/ i see idirectory.html, but no importDirectory.html .
github.com/evilhero/mylar/tree/developme...a/interfaces/default

Also, if you go to <URL>/idirectory/ - it comes up, but the CSS isn't applied.
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Wired.
The topic has been locked.

Re: Sick Beard for Comics – Now that would be cool… 4 years 7 months ago #30971

• evilhero
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 53
There's no danger in leaving the Synology Fix option enabled - it just checks to see if the file is renamed on startup, and if it's not it will rename it to the way you did it in step#2.

That being said, you may still want to drop the pkg - read in the issues list about users having more problems than not with it, even after the fix. You can still use it by all means, but just don't be surprised if things don't work, when it works for everyone else :)

idirectory/
LOL - it's not really scanning against every comic ever made :) It's parsing each and every filename to a way that it can throw it against the db and get matches/fails. At the idirectory stage it doesn't do any matches against any online db's - it's all just parsing the filenames.

It should have been <url>/importResults
Sorry, typing on an android touch screen phone is kinda hard on this forum (everything really really small).

And yes the trailing slash on /idirectory will fail to have the css applied as you just went down another level in the hiearchy and it can't find the css to apply. That's why everything is menu-based, so these types of things don't happen (it will get into the menus at some point, I'd just like more testing done to be safe)

Re: Sick Beard for Comics – Now that would be cool… 4 years 6 months ago #30979

• Sinvex
  • Fresh Boarder
I like Mylar, but PullBox woulda been a good name. Like at the comic book store you've got your pull box they put your subscribed comics in every week. Or maybe ShortBox, LongBox, or perhaps ComicVault?

How's this coming? I'm eager to use it but don't wanna try it if it's still a mess.

I have enough problems with python related stuff on my own for stuff that IS ready for prime time much less stuff with a lot of rough edges.
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Sinvex.

Re: Sick Beard for Comics – Now that would be cool… 4 years 6 months ago #30988

• ryoga79
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
EH, got another quick one...i get an error generated for every comic i try to add that started in the year 1988 (doom patrol, hawk and dove):
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 551, in __bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 504, in run
    self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
  File "/home/feez/mylar/mylar/importer.py", line 95, in addComictoDB
    gcdinfo=parseit.GCDScraper(comic['ComicName'], comic['ComicYear'], comic['ComicIssues'], comicid)
  File "/home/feez/mylar/mylar/parseit.py", line 160, in GCDScraper
    return GCDdetails(comseries=None, resultURL=resultURL, vari_loop=0, ComicID=ComicID, TotalIssues=TotalIssues, issvariation=issvariation, resultPublished=resultPublished)
  File "/home/feez/mylar/mylar/parseit.py", line 384, in GCDdetails
    ParseDate = GettheDate(parsed,PrevYRMO)
  File "/home/feez/mylar/mylar/parseit.py", line 491, in GettheDate
    if int(PrevMO) == 12:
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'r1988'

Everything else seems to work just fine...what happened in 1988 that scarred you so bad we can't add comics from that year? :)

Re: Sick Beard for Comics – Now that would be cool… 4 years 6 months ago #30990

• 2mny
  • Junior Boarder
The import feature looks very promising. I'm hesitant to use it until I can get a preview of the changes it will be making to my files. I have around 10,000 comics to organize and I can't imagine Mylar is going to correctly match and rename everything.

Re: Sick Beard for Comics – Now that would be cool… 4 years 6 months ago #31012

• kev0153
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Sinvex wrote:
I like Mylar, but PullBox woulda been a good name. Like at the comic book store you've got your pull box they put your subscribed comics in every week. Or maybe ShortBox, LongBox, or perhaps ComicVault?

How's this coming? I'm eager to use it but don't wanna try it if it's still a mess.

I have enough problems with python related stuff on my own for stuff that IS ready for prime time much less stuff with a lot of rough edges.

The development version is pretty solid.

Re: Sick Beard for Comics – Now that would be cool… 4 years 6 months ago #31053

• Wired
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
evilhero wrote:
That being said, you may still want to drop the pkg - read in the issues list about users having more problems than not with it, even after the fix. You can still use it by all means, but just don't be surprised if things don't work, when it works for everyone else :)
Fair enough. So far it's working pretty well. If I run into anything I'll let you know, just so you're aware of it.

As a sidenote: I originally copied the ComicRN.py and the other files to the sabnzbd directory, but it didn't work (post processing wouldn't find the files). Once I removed them and made them symbolic links like Sickbeard does, it worked perfectly.

idirectory/
LOL - it's not really scanning against every comic ever made :) It's parsing each and every filename to a way that it can throw it against the db and get matches/fails. At the idirectory stage it doesn't do any matches against any online db's - it's all just parsing the filenames.
eheh, yeah, I know it's not REALLY parsing every comic ever :)
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Wired.

Re: Sick Beard for Comics – Now that would be cool… 4 years 6 months ago #31613

• ryoga79
  • Senior Boarder
Hi EH, i'm running into a new problem with the latest commit. If i try to do a "recheck files" on certain comics, i get the error below:
02-Apr-2013 11:08:35 - INFO :: Thread-13 : Now checking files for The Amazing Spider-Girl (2006) in /media/comics/comics/Marvel/Amazing Spider-Girl, The (2006)
Exception in thread Thread-13:
    self.run()
  File "/home/feez/mylar/mylar/updater.py", line 365, in forceRescan
    if 'au' in fcnew[som+1].lower():
IndexError: list index out of range

If i do a full refresh, i get a similar error:
Exception in thread Thread-14:
    self.run()
  File "/home/feez/mylar/mylar/importer.py", line 473, in addComictoDB
    updater.forceRescan(comicid)
  File "/home/feez/mylar/mylar/updater.py", line 365, in forceRescan
    if 'au' in fcnew[som+1].lower():
IndexError: list index out of range

So far the comics i've noticed that are affected are:

The Amazing Spider-Girl (2006)
Superman: Man of Tomorrow (1995)

I went through my whole comic list and made sure that no comics have any errors listed. Any thoughts?

Re: Sick Beard for Comics – Now that would be cool… 4 years 6 months ago #31676

• evilhero
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 53
ryoga79: that should be fixed in the latest commit in the developmental branch.

As a sidenote, I've been working on moving entirely away from the custom_exceptions and the use of GCD as a backend within Mylar. Now that CV has an API that's useable, I'm just ironing out some minor data issues now - but hopefully very soon it will be entirely CV-based with no more parsing, no more exceptions, no more stuff that seems to have caused alot of grief for some individuals. That being said, I've also built it in as an optional config - so you can choose to go all CV, or use mylar how it is now (currently you have to delete the series, and do a re-add for it to do the switch properly, but I'm working on an automation portion) :)

I've been abit behind on alot of the issues lately due to family priorities, but I'm still around and am trying my best to hit the 'bigger' bugs first and work down...so keep on submitting bug reports and problems and I'll do my best to help out.

I'd just like to holler out a big 'Thanks' to everyone for their continued support with Mylar in all facets - from submitting bugs to just using it and hopefully getting their fix. I have some fairly big things I'd like to try and pull off this year with Mylar - mainly based on everyone's suggestions for improvements. As a wise man once hollered: 'Nuff said!

Re: Sick Beard for Comics – Now that would be cool… 4 years 6 months ago #31721

• ryoga79
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks for the bugfix, EH!

I think i speak for everyone here when i holler back an even bigger "THANKS!" for all of your hard work. You don't owe us anything and have been super responsive with bugfixes, new features, and responses to questions even when you have far more important obligations. We can't appreciate it enough, and we look forward to everything you're going to add to Mylar in the future. It's a great app, and it's just going to get better. Thanks again!
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by ryoga79.
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Who's Online

We have 227 guests and 5 members online