Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

TOPIC: Sick Beard for Comics – Now that would be cool…

Re: Sick Beard for Comics – Now that would be cool… 4 years 6 months ago #31724

• apastuszak
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
In case any Mylar users are interested, I have fixed the problems people have been having with Mylar auto-tagging comics using the excellent ComicTagger.

Here is the original github page:

github.com/manders2600/Sabnzbd-Comictagger-Mylar-Script

And here is the fix:

github.com/manders2600/Sabnzbd-Comictagg...ylar-Script/issues/8

So, now Mylar will download, convert to cbz and tag with ComicRack and ComicBookLover tags.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dbznokia

Re: Sick Beard for Comics – Now that would be cool… 4 years 6 months ago #31817

• dbznokia
  • Senior Boarder
evilhero wrote:
It's purr alpha, but use the mylar.address/idirectory to get into the importer...lenter in the dir, check off the options you want and hit save and scan. Then go to mylar.address/importDirectory and either hit import or do a confirm (if its already on your watchlist) ...try one series dir initiallg instead of your entire library to see how it goes for you....I've been able to import 20-25 series both new and not without a problem, but its been awhile since I tried it.

I made a recursive mistake with the first run and now can't clear what it's got in the import list. Is there an easy way to blow it away (the import only) and start the import process again? Also, every time I use the import process I keep getting this error:
2013-04-05 21:47:53	WARNING	Database Error: database is locked
apastuszak wrote:
In case any Mylar users are interested, I have fixed the problems people have been having with Mylar auto-tagging comics using the excellent ComicTagger.

Is there a step by step dummies guide to getting this to work? I seem to be getting lost somewhere.

Re: Sick Beard for Comics – Now that would be cool… 4 years 6 months ago #31819

• apastuszak
  • Junior Boarder
I forked the code and put my changes in. You can get it from here:

github.com/apastuszak/Sabnzbd-Comictagger-Mylar-Script

Just download the Master branch and drop the two files in the same folder as the the existing scripts that are being used by Sickbeard. ComicRN.py will overwrite the one that Mylar provides.

You need to have ComicTagger 1.1.6 installed (older versions WILL NOT work with the new ComicVine API. 1.1.6 came out yesterday) and WinRAR for the whole things to work. You also need to go into your ComicTagger preferences and make sure you set the path to the unrar file.

There is a lot of code in there to convert the CBR to a CBZ. Since ComicTagger can now do that from the command line, I am going to try and see if I can clean up the code and get it to use ComicTagger for everything.

Re: Sick Beard for Comics – Now that would be cool… 4 years 6 months ago #31820

• apastuszak
  • Junior Boarder
Sinvex wrote:
I like Mylar, but PullBox woulda been a good name. Like at the comic book store you've got your pull box they put your subscribed comics in every week. Or maybe ShortBox, LongBox, or perhaps ComicVault?

How's this coming? I'm eager to use it but don't wanna try it if it's still a mess.

I have enough problems with python related stuff on my own for stuff that IS ready for prime time much less stuff with a lot of rough edges.

It's running very well. The big crutch it has for me is the NZB source. If you don't have a godo NZB source, then you're not going to get good downloads. It's been working great for me for new issues, But finding older stuff has been problematic, and that's mostly because of my indexer.

I tried to pull down Green Lantern yesterday, and it nabbed issues 12-19 just fine. But it could not find 1-11. If I can find a better NZB service, this problem would correct itself.

Re: Sick Beard for Comics – Now that would be cool… 4 years 6 months ago #31831

• 2mny
  • Junior Boarder
apastuszak wrote:
It's running very well. The big crutch it has for me is the NZB source. If you don't have a godo NZB source, then you're not going to get good downloads. It's been working great for me for new issues, But finding older stuff has been problematic, and that's mostly because of my indexer.

Torrents are definitely doable. The tools and parts are there waiting to be assembled

Torrent sites such as kat.ph support an rss search api that could be used to find torrents:
kat.ph/search/superior-spider-man-05/?rss=1

Once found, wget the .torrent file and list it's contents Transmission can do this:
transmission-remote --files myTorrent.torrent
Search the results for the file(s) you want.

Then, instruct a torrent client to download only those files:
transmission-remote --add myTorrent.torrent --get 1,4,7-9 --start

Re: Sick Beard for Comics – Now that would be cool… 4 years 6 months ago #31843

• evilhero
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 53
dbznokia wrote:

I made a recursive mistake with the first run and now can't clear what it's got in the import list. Is there an easy way to blow it away (the import only) and start the import process again? Also, every time I use the import process I keep getting this error:
2013-04-05 21:47:53	WARNING	Database Error: database is locked
You should have an option to remove in the importResults screen. Remove it and then go back to the idirectory and rerun it again. The DB lock is because of a failed or incomplete import.

There are 2 providers given within Mylar that are free (one being the experimental option) and the nonraw based one has a pretty decent backlog.

As far as torrent support at some point and like 2mny said the tools are all there its just a matter of spending some time to go through it so that it can integrate with Mylar (aside from post-processing).I have done sone testing myself and have been able to pull the torrents just fine, but getting it to parse the correct one is a bit more elusive because of the way that names are given in torrents as compared to newsgroups.

Re: Sick Beard for Comics – Now that would be cool… 4 years 6 months ago #31854

• 2mny
  • Junior Boarder
I would be content with a torrent solution that requires a little user interaction as an experimental feature until the parsing can be polished enough for untended use. If Mylar thinks it has found a comic in a torrent send it to a queue page where users can choose to download or flag as a false-positive.

Re: Sick Beard for Comics – Now that would be cool… 4 years 6 months ago #31859

• AtariBaby
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Official Mylar Thread

Hear me out, heroes and villains!

This post is ridiculously long and refers to two defunct attempts at creating what evilhero did!

I started a new "official" thread for Mylar. Couldn't get any help from the mods, so I just did it.

Feel free to tell me to fuck off. Otherwise, please start posting here instead:

Official Mylar Thread

Re: Sick Beard for Comics – Now that would be cool… 4 years 6 months ago #31874

• Lish
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I encounter some problems lately.
I can't update my active comics or find wanted comics.
Here's the DOS Windows text.

Do you have any ideas ?

Thx !
06-avr.-2013 09:02:19 - INFO :: MainThread : cache set to : D:\Mes Documents\Doc
uments\Dropbox\Apps\Mylar\cache
06-avr.-2013 09:02:19 - INFO :: MainThread : Checking to see if the database has
 all tables....
06-avr.-2013 09:02:19 - INFO :: MainThread : Populating Base Exception listings
into Mylar....
06-avr.-2013 09:02:19 - INFO :: MainThread : Populating Custom Exception listing
s into Mylar....
06-avr.-2013 09:02:20 - INFO :: MainThread : Ensuring DB integrity - Removing al
l Erroneous Comics (ie. named None)
06-avr.-2013 09:02:20 - INFO :: MainThread : Retrieving latest version informati
on from github
06-avr.-2013 09:02:21 - INFO :: MainThread : Comparing currently installed versi
on with latest github version
06-avr.-2013 09:02:22 - INFO :: MainThread : Mylar is up to date
06-avr.-2013 09:02:23 - INFO :: MainThread : Starting Mylar on port: 8090
06-avr.-2013 09:02:23 - INFO :: MainThread : Checking for existance of Weekly Co
mic listing...
06-avr.-2013 09:02:23 - INFO :: Thread-12 : Weekly pull list present - checking
if it's up-to-date..
Exception in thread Thread-13:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python27\lib\threading.py", line 551, in __bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
  File "C:\Python27\lib\threading.py", line 504, in run
    self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
  File "D:\Mes Documents\Documents\Dropbox\Apps\Mylar\mylar\search.py", line 804
, in searchforissue
    SeriesYear = comic['ComicYear']
TypeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

06-avr.-2013 09:02:23 - INFO :: Thread-12 : No new pull-list available - will re
-check again in 24 hours.
06-avr.-2013 09:02:23 - INFO :: Thread-12 : Checking the Weekly Releases list fo
r comics I'm watching...
Exception in thread Thread-12:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python27\lib\threading.py", line 551, in __bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
  File "C:\Python27\lib\threading.py", line 504, in run
    self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
  File "D:\Mes Documents\Documents\Dropbox\Apps\Mylar\mylar\weeklypull.py", line
 136, in pullit
    pullitcheck()
  File "D:\Mes Documents\Documents\Dropbox\Apps\Mylar\mylar\weeklypull.py", line
 491, in pullitcheck
    updater.upcoming_update(ComicID=ComicID, ComicName=ComicName, IssueNumber=Co
micIssue, IssueDate=ComicDate)
  File "D:\Mes Documents\Documents\Dropbox\Apps\Mylar\mylar\updater.py", line 11
1, in upcoming_update
    else: mylar.importer.addComictoDB(ComicID,mismatch,pullupd)
  File "D:\Mes Documents\Documents\Dropbox\Apps\Mylar\mylar\importer.py", line 6
8, in addComictoDB
    comic = cv.getComic(comicid,'comic')
  File "D:\Mes Documents\Documents\Dropbox\Apps\Mylar\mylar\cv.py", line 61, in
getComic
    if type == 'comic': return GetComicInfo(comicid,dom)
  File "D:\Mes Documents\Documents\Dropbox\Apps\Mylar\mylar\cv.py", line 89, in
GetComicInfo
    comic['ComicName'] = dom.getElementsByTagName('name')[trackcnt].firstChild.w
holeText
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'wholeText'
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Lish.

Re: Sick Beard for Comics – Now that would be cool… 4 years 6 months ago #31882

• dbznokia
  • Senior Boarder
evilhero wrote:
You should have an option to remove in the importResults screen. Remove it and then go back to the idirectory and rerun it again. The DB lock is because of a failed or incomplete import.

There isn't a select all and remove :( I've around 60 items in the list that shouldn't be in there. Also, the bottom list (watchlist confirmation section), the remove links are not in the correct place. They are all lumped together above the list.

The DB lock happens when I try to remove any of the items on importresults. The only way to get Mylar loading again is to reboot the machine.
Time to create page: 0.366 seconds

Who's Online

We have 235 guests and 6 members online