General discussion about ComicRack
  • Page:

TOPIC: eComic Portability

Re:eComic Portability 9 years 1 month ago #2144

• damocles
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
Select all > right click > Convert to..

Which I must say, after I did, I opened up a CBZ file to see what was inside, found the xml, and also the folder structure inside and filenames I had were blown away.

Wish I'd known it would change all that...I assumed it would rename zip -> cbz and add the xml file.

Ah well...
Last Edit: 9 years 1 month ago by damocles.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:eComic Portability 9 years 1 month ago #2146

Well, it's not just a matter of renaming the file extension. It's a conversion process and since it is an automated routine, I guess it should be expected that there would be a "re-structuring" of the internal files/folders to conform with some kind of serialized naming convension... I'm only guessing here, but that's how I'd do it if I want to keep the program "light" and the conversion process fast (enough)...

But I don't see how that can be a problem... and also, the original cbr files are not deleted immediately...they are thrown at the recycle bin, so you could restore them from there.

Re:eComic Portability 9 years 1 month ago #2152

• damocles
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
The files I had were originally zip files, not cbz, and internally they had a file structure that separated chapters and sometimes double pages were marked too. I had wanted to keep that but that's just me and it's not that important. :unsure:

Yeah, to keep it as a fast conversion, I had assumed;
zip -> .zip to .cbz -> add xml
not
zip -> rebuild file as cbz -> add xml -> zip to recycle bin

Had it been a rar -> cbz/cbz conversion, yeah I'd expect something like the second case.

As to the recycle bin... I empty that a bit too often. :blush:

Re:eComic Portability 8 years 10 months ago #2553

• Rincewind
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Have used a long time converting my files to cbz because of the embedded xml files (have the comics on a linux server), but found out to my horror yesterday, when I moved several hundred comics to a new folder, that not only were comicrack only able to find the info for about 20 of these files, but also started overwriting the embedded xml files with the empty information for the rest of the files. :(

Re:eComic Portability 8 years 10 months ago #2555

• wadegiles
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
If you want to move files within ComicRack, I wrote a script to do that. This will prevent the information from being "lost".

Move files in ComicRack
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds

Who's Online

We have 269 guests and 7 members online