Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

TOPIC: Off topic - iTunes

Off topic - iTunes 9 years 4 months ago #1779

• Bob
  • Expert Boarder
Maybe a programmer can explain this to me?

I noticed in my iTunes library that I had some dead entries, looked some more and realized I inadvertently had over a thousand dead files.

That's easy I thought and went to look for the 'rescan' function like in ComicRack - I use that all the time as I move and re-sort...but there isn't one. I looked more, unable to believe that iTunes wouldn't have this functionality, googled some, and found several quasi-solutions of various difficulties and frustration levels, before finally yelling an expletive and deleting my entire library and scanning the folders from scratch.

Soo, programmers- why is it ComicRack has such an easy and obvious feature, but Apple with all their bazillions doesn't have such a thing? Is it some inherent difference in mp3 files?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Off topic - iTunes 9 years 4 months ago #1782

• AlucardNoir
  • Senior Boarder
  • MangAnime Vampire AlucardNoir
nope, it's just that cYo is a user himself so he knows what he wants from a program, plus he actually listens to the users of CR [he doesn't charge us for the program but still listens to our requests wile Apple charges for a lot of services but doesn't really care about the user, just like Microsoft, you just have to pay and shut the heck up]
MangAnime Vampire AlucardNoir
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds

Who's Online

We have 246 guests and one member online