Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

Poll: IPad or Android

Buy the IPad version 124 67.4%
Buy the Android version 60 32.6%
Total number of voters: 184 See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC: Let's say there would also be an IPad version.

Re: Let's say there would also be an IPad version. 5 years 2 months ago #25212

• riddlemethis
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
oraclexview wrote:
Always remember, nothing is too big to ignore depending on your convictions. Though, I am glad that cYo's convictions were overwhelmed by the masses clamoring for an iOS version. ;)

Oh, and side note cYo. Now that you have confirmed the rumor, once this version is released, it better work for the smaller iPhone/iTouch devices as well, or I'll be hunting you down buddy! :lol:

The difficult thing to ignore is the tablet market itself is growing extremely fast. Comicrack for Windows is exceptional, there is no better organizer/reader/all around Swiss Army comic program out there.

However, I would think from a biz perspective, having the same on the tablet is more future proof. For comics, I certainly prefer reading on a tablet vs laptop/desktop.

Convictions are important too, no doubt. The iOS comic readers all substandard compared to Comicrack. The best out there for now is Comicglass...wireless file transfer, etc, it's decent but as a reasonably avid comic reader I think there is a massive opportunity with Comicrack for Apple.

I suppose if we all chip in and give cYo a developmental boost via paypal for beer, etc...we can help encourage the iOS development:)

I wonder how well this would do on kickstarter....
Last Edit: 5 years 2 months ago by riddlemethis.
The topic has been locked.

Re: Let's say there would also be an IPad version. 5 years 2 months ago #25213

• spinekill
  • Fresh Boarder
the almighty cyo has spoken!

can't wait. I look forward to hearing how you go about developing the ios/mac version. included mac because the code should lend itself to making a mac version possible. I'm interesting because I'm a ios programmer and actually really love developing in xcode. I'm in the current process of actually converting a ios game to multiplatform so I'm curious as to what tools and code platform you'll be using.

Re: Let's say there would also be an IPad version. 5 years 2 months ago #25214

• Wedge
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Awesome news.

iOS development is fun.

Re: Let's say there would also be an IPad version. 5 years 2 months ago #25215

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
600WPMPO wrote:
cYo wrote:
The way it looks now, development of the IPad version will start soon :)
I love you! :kiss:

Shame on me! I missed this!

Re: Let's say there would also be an IPad version. 5 years 2 months ago #25218

• jeroenwalter
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 38
Okay, I've uploaded the first version of the Badaap Web Viewer ComicRack plugin

Badaap Web Viewer plugin

Re: Let's say there would also be an IPad version. 5 years 1 month ago #25308

I want to buy my first tablet in the coming days and my question is if I buy an android or an ipad. If really exist a version of ComicRack for ipad, I have no more doubts.
Last Edit: 5 years 1 month ago by weslleyleandro.

Re: Let's say there would also be an IPad version. 5 years 1 month ago #25310

• jeroenwalter
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 38
weslleyleandro wrote:
I want to buy my first tablet in the coming days and my question is if I buy an android or an ipad. If really exist a version of ComicRack for ipad, I have no more doubts.

I have an iPad 3 and now each time I see a tablet (ipad or android) with a lower resolution, I get tears in my eyes because of the fuzziness of the screen.

Clearly you're leaning towards an ipad, likely because it currently is the only tablet with a high resolution display.
If not, you would already have bought an Android tablet because of the ComicRack android app.

But don't decide to buy an ipad in the hope that there will be a native ComicRack app.
Reason: once you have a tablet, you will try numerous comic reader apps to find out which one is best for you, I have no doubt about that.
The best advantage a ComicRack app will have is that is will sync with ComicRack which comics you have read. If that is not important for you, than you don't have to wait for a ComicRack app for the iPad.

Although still heavy in development, my Badaap comic reader plugin for ComicRack also syncs the progress of each comic to ComicRack. But it lacks an offline mode (maybe later), so may also not be ideal for you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO, weslleyleandro

Re: Let's say there would also be an IPad version. 4 years 11 months ago #26848

• glave
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
cYo wrote:
The way it looks now, development of the IPad version will start soon :)

Been quiet for a while...is this still in the works? Coming soon? Happy Thanksgiving? Merry Christmas? :)
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by glave.

Re: Let's say there would also be an IPad version. 4 years 11 months ago #26864

• dkazaz
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
jeroenwalter wrote:
weslleyleandro wrote:

I have an iPad 3 and now each time I see a tablet (ipad or android) with a lower resolution, I get tears in my eyes because of the fuzziness of the screen.

Clearly you're leaning towards an ipad, likely because it currently is the only tablet with a high resolution display.
If not, you would already have bought an Android tablet because of the ComicRack android app.

Not to derail the thread, but it's worth mentioning that the Google nexus 10, now has a higher res screen than even the iPad, so android fans are well cared for and comicrack is already available.

Not that there shouldn't be an iPad version - with apple's dominance in tablets, this market is too important to ignore - I'm writing this on an iPad 3 after all :P

But right now the screen is no longer the reason to go iPad!
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO

Re: Let's say there would also be an IPad version. 4 years 11 months ago #27042

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
dkazaz wrote:
But right now the screen is no longer the reason to go iPad!

Whatever :P :P :P

cYo, any news?
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Who's Online

We have 203 guests and 4 members online