Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

Poll: IPad or Android

Buy the IPad version 124 67.4%
Buy the Android version 60 32.6%
Total number of voters: 184 See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC: Let's say there would also be an IPad version.

Re: Let's say there would also be an IPad version. 7 years 2 months ago #23382

  • glave
  • glave's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Boarder
  • Posts: 58
  • Thank you received: 2
  • Karma: 0
A confirmation, a confirmation, my kingdom for a confirmation (that you're working on an iPad version).........
The topic has been locked.

Re: Let's say there would also be an IPad version. 7 years 2 months ago #23384

  • perezmu
  • perezmu's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 1136
  • Thank you received: 74
  • Karma: 51
glave wrote:
A confirmation, a confirmation, my kingdom for a confirmation (that you're working on an iPad version).........

Mine toooo!
The topic has been locked.

Re: Let's say there would also be an IPad version. 7 years 2 months ago #23406

  • oraclexview
  • oraclexview's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • aka SoundWave
  • Posts: 919
  • Thank you received: 206
  • Karma: 38
perezmu wrote:
glave wrote:
A confirmation, a confirmation, my kingdom for a confirmation (that you're working on an iPad version).........

Mine toooo!
Please, don't keep holding your breath on this one gang. Though, it is perfectly alright to wait in line at the Apple App Store...maybe it'll eventually arrive...just maybe. :whistle:
The topic has been locked.

Re: Let's say there would also be an IPad version. 7 years 2 months ago #23410

  • 600WPMPO
  • 600WPMPO's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 3788
  • Thank you received: 601
  • Karma: 235
oraclexview wrote:
Please, don't keep holding your breath on this one gang. Though, it is perfectly alright to wait in line at the Apple App Store...maybe it'll eventually arrive...just maybe. :whistle:
I think it is not a maybe.

It is no longer an issue of 'if it will arrive'.

It is now 'when will it arrive'.

And I say pretty soon. :)
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
The topic has been locked.

Re: Let's say there would also be an IPad version. 7 years 2 months ago #23415

  • bodhikun
  • bodhikun's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Junior Boarder
  • Posts: 28
  • Karma: -1
600WPMPO wrote:
oraclexview wrote:
Please, don't keep holding your breath on this one gang. Though, it is perfectly alright to wait in line at the Apple App Store...maybe it'll eventually arrive...just maybe. :whistle:
I think it is not a maybe.

It is no longer an issue of 'if it will arrive'.

It is now 'when will it arrive'.

And I say pretty soon. :)

OMG really?? This is soooooo cooool!

This really makes my day!

GO GO Cyo! :D
The topic has been locked.

Re: Let's say there would also be an IPad version. 7 years 2 months ago #23417

  • Wired
  • Wired's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Boarder
  • Posts: 43
  • Thank you received: 4
  • Karma: 1
Is it all theories, or inside knowledge? I'm THIS close to getting a Nook Tablet just for comics lol.

If it is coming, and it could STREAM from a media source, that would be awesome.


In otherwords, any of you guys got TestFlight installed on your iPads? :)
The topic has been locked.

Re: Let's say there would also be an IPad version. 7 years 2 months ago #23426

  • Soluzar
  • Soluzar's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Junior Boarder
  • Posts: 21
  • Thank you received: 3
  • Karma: 0
Wired wrote:
Is it all theories, or inside knowledge? I'm THIS close to getting a Nook Tablet just for comics lol.

If it is coming, and it could STREAM from a media source, that would be awesome.
The Android version doesn't stream comics... you have to transfer them over. It would be nice if it did stream, but probably not practical.
The topic has been locked.

Re: Let's say there would also be an IPad version. 7 years 2 months ago #23427

  • oraclexview
  • oraclexview's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • aka SoundWave
  • Posts: 919
  • Thank you received: 206
  • Karma: 38
Soluzar wrote:
The Android version doesn't stream comics... you have to transfer them over. It would be nice if it did stream, but probably not practical.
I do like the concept behind streaming from your own system yet I would have to agree that it is not as practical as having the files directly on your device. At least that's been my experience. I hate lag time and connection issues you get when it comes to streaming. If streaming were to get to a point where it gives me less headache than a Windows pc overheating than I'd be all for it! lol
The topic has been locked.

Re: Let's say there would also be an IPad version. 7 years 2 months ago #23428

  • perezmu
  • perezmu's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 1136
  • Thank you received: 74
  • Karma: 51
Well, streaming can be done with the HTML script in the developers forum.

Streaming experience could be improved by preloading pages while reading...

But, anything cYo might do on ios will be welcome!
The topic has been locked.

Re: Let's say there would also be an IPad version. 7 years 2 months ago #23435

  • Wired
  • Wired's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Boarder
  • Posts: 43
  • Thank you received: 4
  • Karma: 1
That mod requires your computer to be on with CR running. I have a NAS and can stream most media through XBMC. Having it where you could open files directly on the fly (e.g. opening a file on the network instead of downloading it, and then opening it) would be ideal.

Now on the other hand if there was a web based version of CR that you could load on *nix (or even command line)... that'd probably be overkill with almost no market base lol.
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.815 seconds

Who's Online

We have 183 guests and no members online