Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

Poll: IPad or Android

Buy the IPad version 124 67.4%
Buy the Android version 60 32.6%
Total number of voters: 184 See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC: Let's say there would also be an IPad version.

Let's say there would also be an IPad version. 5 years 8 months ago #20635

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
Just because it is an interesting thought experiment.
Last Edit: 5 years 8 months ago by cYo.
The topic has been locked.

Re: Let's say there would also be an IPad version. 5 years 8 months ago #20636

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
  • With great power comes great W/T.
  • Thank you received: 81
AKA, you decided you might be willing to put up with Apple's crap if there's enough interest to make it worth your while? Hey, I can't argue with that. I MEAN UH, YES, INTERESTING EXPERIMENT. :)

(Voted Android because Apple will never see a dime from me.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Der Internet

Re: Let's say there would also be an IPad version. 5 years 8 months ago #20638

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
The data you read on the net is that apple =~ 10*android market when it comes to revenue. Just wondering if this is also true in this small corner of the world :).

I mean, ComicRack is under the top 5 paid Android apps in category Comics WORLDWIDE. And this with the VERY moderate revenue I'm seeing. I'm not complaining here, just wondering :)

Re: Let's say there would also be an IPad version. 5 years 8 months ago #20644

• kenjio
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 127
Shinrai wrote:
(Voted Android because Apple will never see a dime from me.)

Can't argue with that B)
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!

Re: Let's say there would also be an IPad version. 5 years 8 months ago #20646

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
I also voted for Android. Apple makes nice products, though, they are just way too over priced for what you get and they are also way to proprietary for my personal taste. Plus the open Android platform allows me to shop many different manufacturers at many different price points. However, I will say that my opinion on this is constantly being reevaluated every new year because new tech always has the potential to make me change my mind if it'll if my lifestyle and budget much more conveniently than what I currently use especially if my current tech isn't performing well or is just plain broken.
Last Edit: 5 years 8 months ago by oraclexview.

Re: Let's say there would also be an IPad version. 5 years 8 months ago #20647

• Stonepaw
  • Thank you received: 267
Voted Apple because I really like my iPad and I haven't liked any of the android devices I've tried.

Re: Let's say there would also be an IPad version. 5 years 8 months ago #20652

• oipic
  • Fresh Boarder
Would pay good money for an iOS version - it would, quite simply, make my comic reading experience complete.

Re: Let's say there would also be an IPad version. 5 years 8 months ago #20656

• RevQuixo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
Another vote for Apple..

Re: Let's say there would also be an IPad version. 5 years 8 months ago #20657

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Stonepaw wrote:
Voted Apple because I really like my iPad and I haven't liked any of the android devices I've tried.
I too voted Apple. And I'll surely pay $40 for ComicRack on an iOS device.

My love for Apple is well known. I already have a MacBook Pro & an iPod. I am saving for a tablet this summer, and I am almost sure that this would be the iPad (bye bye ASUS transformer!). Currently, only ComicRack keeps my Windows PC on, otherwise I would get an iMac.

Why did I decide for iPad over Androids? There are many factors (these are my opinions, people may disagree, that's fine):
  • Since I already have a slew of purchased apps for my iPod (many apps are universal for the iPod & iPad), so I won't have to do that again and will get them pre-loaded. Moreover, Apple devices sync beautifully amongst themselves. So, my iOS environment will only get richer by an iPad.
  • Uniformity of hardware. Apple control the hardware specification so they can predict how their software will behave. Android developers have to make software that will work on an huge variety of devices; just see the how many varied device users cYo has to satisfy. Same with other apps. With the iPad, Apple have a stable, high performance platform through which they can guarantee to deliver a good end user experience.
  • Availability of accessories. The Samsung tablets may be very well made, high performance devices, but try buying a case or a keyboard docking station. Its not going to be as easy or as well executed as the accessories available from Apple. Moreover, the Android devices haven't settled yet, they are still evolving. So, we don't know where our current device would stand in, say, an year or two.
  • Using the Mac App Store vs the Android market. I love the MAS and the way it works as an integrated system. No crashes till date for me, while the Android market has made me do many force quits off & on.
  • Availability of services. Your iPad battery is dead? Send it back to Apple & they'll send back a new iPad for $99. Need I say more?
  • The Market for Android Apps lacks quality apps that don't justify the ever strong-going hardware in these devices. For example, I love to manage my finances on my devices. There is simply no competition between the excellent choices I have on iOS than on Android.
  • Bad experience with Android phone. I have a HTC Wildfire for the past 1 year or so. Now, I know that's no giant of a phone, but still figures in the top 20 Android devices and is decent enough. But, still it is nowhere near to the comfort I get with my iPod.
All that said, these are just matters of personal choice. Android is also a very good option for people who dislike Apple's iron-handed control over their devices. I also want to use ComicRack on a tablet, but I don't want to buy a tablet only for using ComicRack. I already have a vestigial PC. :laugh:

p.s. I've also put up the poll on Facebook:

Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 5 years 8 months ago by 600WPMPO.

Re: Let's say there would also be an IPad version. 5 years 8 months ago #20659

• khaoohs
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
+1 Android as I have already purchased the Android app. Thanks for making buy a tablet Cyo.
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Who's Online

We have 223 guests and 6 members online