Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

TOPIC: New iPad & Comics

Re: New IPad 6 years 7 months ago #21952

• Wired
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
600, that chart covers APP spending I take it?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New IPad 6 years 7 months ago #21963

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 560
Yes, that's my online spendings on purchasing apps for my android phone vs my iPod..
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: New IPad 6 years 6 months ago #22815

• 600WPMPO
I finally bought the new iPad! :cheer: :) :cheer: :) :cheer:

My word of advice for all the friends out there: Don't buy the new iPad!!!

Why? Here is why:

1. Your other gadgets will become toast.

This is the most beautiful, elegant and sleek device that I have ever held in my hands. My MacBook Pro, which used to my favorite gadget, now looks pale and aged in comarison to the new iPad. My iPod look like a cheap, kid's toy like protoype for the iPad. My Android phone doesn't even count. It fell from my hand yesterday, and my first reaction was "Thank God, it was not the iPad that fell!". The 5-MP camera is so good and fast that I do not want to use my Cannon camera.

A Wolverine sketch I made yesterday with Sketchbook Pro for iPad.

2. You'll lose interest in everything in your life that does not involve the iPad.

There is an iPad app for almost everything that can be done with a gadget. And every app is a treat to look at. Everything else in your life that is not possible with a gadget can, well, wait. Ugly and lesser apps would be better. Go Android go!

3. You'll soon become poor and in debt.

Its been only 2 days, and I've already spent more than $100 (my 1-month budget reserved for buying comics) on buying all sort of iPad-exclusive apps. Buying the apps is just so easy that you can just go on and on. So, I recommend the Android Market, er... the Google Play (ughhh..), for buying apps. It is just so painstakingly cumbersome to lose enough money there.

Nicely organized apps for everything.

4. You will pile up accessories.

There are accessories in every style & function that you can imagine. Almost all the accessories for the iPad2 are comatible with the new iPad. I have already bought the Wacom Bamboo stylus (for sketching), Belkin sleeve, Splash signature folio, Griffin Survivor case, Dock cradle. I am also thinking about getting the Philips fidelio dock and other such niceties. It would be so cool to have an Android device for which finding accessories would be like waiting for a miracle.

The stylus and the sleeve are ready.

5. You will finish all the comics in your digital collection.

Yes... they never looked better! It is a bliss reading comics on the new iPad. I recently finished as many as 20 odd comics in these 2 days. The display is crisp, the letters crystal, and the images so crisp, so can look at them on and on! With this rate, you will finish reading all your comics, and then what will you do?

This is Wolverine #300 on my new iPad, shot by the crappy camera on my HTC phone.

p.s. The above post is written in good humor by an Apple fanboy, exhilarated and ecstatic with his new iPad. So, expect some highly biased, pro-Apple opinions, with some Android bashing sprinkled at places! :laugh:

Some serious musings:

1. While reading comics in the portrait view (traditional comic book dimension), we get redundant space on the vertical sides. While this is not much of a hassle during reading, if you zoom to fill the entire space, you need to scroll down to read the page.

2. People said that the new iPad gets excessively hot, has a yellow tinge on the screen, and loses wifi connections often. I can safey confirm that none of this is true, as far as testings with my iPad is concerned.

3. Yes, the battery charges very slowly. So, you would be good with letting an almost empty battery charge overnight.

4. And lastly, I miss ComicRack on iOS. Honestly. :(

Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by 600WPMPO.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stonepaw

Re: New iPad & Comics 6 years 6 months ago #22817

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 189
Glad you're loving your new device 600WPMPO. I know you've been waiting a long time to get your hands on it. lol
Here's to hoping the next version comes with a 300GB solid state drive so that I can join in the fun with you 'cause 32/64GB is just ridiculous. :)
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by oraclexview.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO

Re: New iPad & Comics 6 years 6 months ago #22824

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Hey, 600, you can DRAW!!!! That's a nice sketch you have there!

(drooling over your new iPad)

Re: New iPad & Comics 6 years 6 months ago #22834

• 600WPMPO
perezmu wrote:
Thanks perezmu! :) I'll try draw better in the coming days and post a few here for you...

Re: New iPad & Comics 6 years 6 months ago #22838

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
600WPMPO wrote:
perezmu wrote:
Thanks perezmu! :) I'll try draw better in the coming days and post a few here for you...

I mean it! It was obvious by now that you are a master in design & editing... but man, you are a complete artist!

Re: New iPad & Comics 6 years 6 months ago #22884

• Oatmeal25
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I bought my wife and iPad 2 and she loves it. I used it a fair amount at first but grew tired of the Apple imposed limitations, workarounds and general tablet awkwardness... plus I really miss swype when I try to type on it. I'd probably enjoy it more if I had a pen for drawing and those suction cup joysticks for gaming.

I assume you know about AppShopper.com? Fantastic site that helps you find apps and save money by letting you know price history.
The following user(s) said Thank You: oraclexview

Re: New iPad & Comics 6 years 6 months ago #22885

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
perezmu wrote:
I mean it! It was obvious by now that you are a master in design & editing... but man, you are a complete artist!
@600WPMPO - I must concur...madd skillz my friend. Awesome digital sketch of the man once simply called Logan.

Re: New iPad & Comics 6 years 6 months ago #22886

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
Oatmeal25 wrote:
AppShopper.com? Fantastic site that helps you find apps and save money by letting you know price history.
Hummmm...I'll have to check this one out.
Time to create page: 0.496 seconds

Who's Online

We have 161 guests and one member online