Saturday April 19 , 2014
Text Size

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General discussion about ComicRack
  • Page:

TOPIC: Anyone Interested in OPDS Server and Web Reader for iPad...

Anyone Interested in OPDS Server and Web Reader for iPad... 2 years 4 weeks ago #21677

Hi,

Background: I have a windows home server at my home and usually read comics on iPad.
Now it's a pain to transfer comics to iPad from the HomeServer since it is a Headless machine.

Have recently started a project for creating OPDS feeds of the Comics Filed via ComicRack.
And basic Reader that I can use to read comics on iPad via Safari.

Still needs a lot of work.

If anyone interested could cleanup the code and upload the first version here, this weekend.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Anyone Interested in OPDS Server and Web Reader for iPad... 2 years 4 weeks ago #21687

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 435
Please post it... let us see how it is... :-)
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: Anyone Interested in OPDS Server and Web Reader for iPad... 2 years 3 weeks ago #21832

Hi 600WPMPO,

I can't seem to attach the Zip file. It is about 3.5MB.

Please advise how can I post it.

Thanks
Last Edit: 2 years 3 weeks ago by devangbhatt.

Re: Anyone Interested in OPDS Server and Web Reader for iPad... 2 years 3 weeks ago #21833

Hi 600WPMPO,

Enclosed is the link to the Zip file for OPDS & Web Reader that I am using on my systems.

www.mediafire.com/?1mx1wvxk2eycxxm

Functionality as of now:
* OPDS feeds
* HTML Layout of the OPDS feeds
* Reader

Usage: Install under IIS Default Web Site or Create New... whatever... but it needs to be installed at the Sub Level for eg. www.test.com/opds/ or localhost/opds/. It can run on custom ports eg. www.test.com:54665/opds/.

Edit Web.Config for adding your local username and password for ASP.NET impersonation.

Then go to the above URL and configure your machine specific settings for eg the location of your ComicDb.xml etc, as of now, keep the defaults options for no user login and no encryption, as have been working with that.

(BTW: ComicDb.xml is only read not written to :) )

The HTML feed layout is accessible using /OPDS/HTML/

The reader is Firefox and iPad v1 Web App Compatible with 2x zoom, have not tested on any other mobile devices. The Reader has left 1/3 middle 1/3 and right 1/3 the left is for previous page or Full Details and right is for next page. The middle section click is for bringing up the top menu and bottom thumbnails scroller.

As of now only the comics sub section of OPDS is coded and enabled.

I plan to complete the app but it suffices my needs for the time being.

Go through the RestHandler.vb and Global.aspx for the available options.

The search is not working but Character searching is available.

====

I would love to see this incorporated with ComicRack. serving the thumbs and covers from ComicRack.

Licensing Terms to be advised by the Creator of ComicRack.
It is to them / him / her that I am giving this to and they are free to do whatever they want.

Consider this my donation instead of Money ;-)

For others, if you like this please donate to ComicRack.

====

v1.01
- Minor BG changes.
- Implemented Search Filtering in HTML Layout
(Since some Stories currently reading are over multiple Series)
- Reread / Refresh ComicDb.xml
- Reader now highlights the Current Page in Thumbnails.
- Image Resize for Retina Display via Settings.vb

Let me know if you would like the next version, for it is a pain to make my settings generic and then redo my settings in my working IIS Website.
Last Edit: 2 years 3 weeks ago by devangbhatt. Reason: Changing Link to MediaFire and Adding Details
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Who's Online

We have 261 guests and 1 member online
  • Couverdude

PIM

You are not logged in.