Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

TOPIC: How can i change where Comicrack puts its stuff ?

How can i change where Comicrack puts its stuff ? 6 years 4 months ago #23983

• mckertis
  • Fresh Boarder
It's quite silly when you get the quiery where to install some software, and it puts a few MBs to the place of your choosing, but dumps hundreds of MBs to C:\documents&settings without asking. Is there ANY WAY to change the paths of Comicrack cache and the rest of the stuff so it would use the directory it is installed in ?

Comic Collector allows me to put everything it saves exactly where i want, and i'd really like to have a way-out for Comicrack. I will not allow random stuff to clutter up my system without my authorization.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How can i change where Comicrack puts its stuff ? 6 years 4 months ago #23992

• Stonepaw
  • Thank you received: 274
You can change where the Temp and Cache files are stored. You can do this two ways: via a command switch or changing the ComicRack.ini file. Probably easier to use the ComicRack.ini file.

The ComicRack.ini file is located in the install location of ComicRack. Locate the lines:
; TempPath = 
and
; CachePath = 
Remove the ; character and put in the full paths after the =.

NOTE: ComicRack.ini changes are not keep between updates, however you can put a ComicRack.ini file with just the lines you want in %PROGRAMDATA%\cyo\comicrack or %APPDATA%\cyo\comicrack. This file will be kept between updates.

NOTE2: If you want to put the cache and temp files in the program files/comicrack directory and are using Vista or 7, you will need to run ComicRack in Administrator mode.
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Stonepaw.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO
Time to create page: 0.304 seconds

Who's Online

We have 156 guests and 2 members online