Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

TOPIC: XML question, Re: Creating a .cbz

XML question, Re: Creating a .cbz 6 years 4 months ago #24111

• rdsiam
  • Fresh Boarder
I was messing around with unpacking and repacking a .cbz (unzipping, zipping - is there a correct term?). I recreated the .cbz twice, once with the xml file from the original unzipped file, and one without the xml file. Should I notice a difference because I don't? In CRW the info for the files appears to be the same.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: XML question, Re: Creating a .cbz 6 years 4 months ago #24115

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 189
The XML file inside of a CBZ archive is useful if for example your database XML file got corrupted and you lost all your information that was contained within the database XML file. Most of the fields in ComicRack would still be populated correctly for those CBZ archives with a XML file within if you had to create a new database XML. Also, if you moved those CBZ archives with a XML file within around outside of the ComicRack app environment or moved those archives over to another computer all together, you would still retain that data that is contained in the XML file. So for example, if you shared any of your CBZ archives with a friend, as long as they contain a XML file, your friend could load them into their ComicRack app and have the same info populated.

Outside of this, you wouldn't notice the benefit of having the XML file in the CBZ archive since CRW keeps track of all data in the main XML database file.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rdsiam
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds

Who's Online

We have 144 guests and 2 members online