Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

TOPIC: I have ComicRack on Linux!!!!

Re:I have ComicRack on Linux!!!! 8 years 6 months ago #3642

I have found the trick.

The problem seems to be in generating the Config.xml.

I'll be posting an updated how-to very soon. And maybe I'll get around to the wiki this time;)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:I have ComicRack on Linux!!!! 8 years 5 months ago #3812

• Benjiro
  • Fresh Boarder
Any more information regarding the how-to Crymson_Pheonix?

Re:I have ComicRack on Linux!!!! 8 years 5 months ago #3814

I got the wiki up. Did that help you at all? I want to post a blank Config.xml, but I have yet to generate another one.

Re:I have ComicRack on Linux!!!! 8 years 5 months ago #3830

• Benjiro
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm not all to happy about using 1.1.16. As you stated each wine version can have different results ( thats something that i also found out in the past ).

So, i'm holding off from upgrading wine ( i don't want to end up breaking support for other programs that run under wine ).

Lets hope that cYo fixes those last problems, so we can use mono to run it. Its odd that there is not a single comic reader/libery that comes close to the functionally off Comicrack on Linux.

Re:I have ComicRack on Linux!!!! 8 years 5 months ago #3946

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Benjiro wrote:
Its odd that there is not a single comic reader/libery that comes close to the functionally off Comicrack on Linux.

Your best bet in linux is a program called "comix"... a full-screen comic reader and a minimalistic library... nothing as great as comicrack but will work till we get our little monster working on linux.

another option is installing virtualbox 3 on ubuntu and running comicrack on a windows OS as virtual guest

p.s. i'm running ubuntu 9.04 and using comix. when i feel too homesick, i switch on virtualbox and run comicrack.
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re:I have ComicRack on Linux!!!! 8 years 5 months ago #3948

there's also QComicBook for the KDE users. it does about the same thing as comix, read comics. but what really is lacking on linux (surpisingly) is the complex and powerful comic library system like ComicRack.

I do a lot of virtualization myself. and it's a good option if you have the extra license of windows around, and the power to run two operating systems at the same time. Wine just provides a cheaper and less intensive alternative to windows.

I'm not a C# programmer, but I do some VB.net and mono seems to be coming along quite well. I think the best solution for support of non-windows OSes will be to get a port of Comic Rack running on mono, as that would cover linux, BSD and OSX (there is mono for OSX) and produce better stability. cYo seems to have started a port. lets hope to see some progress at some point.:)
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Who's Online

We have 210 guests and one member online