Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

TOPIC: ComicVine Scraper Publisher & Imprint remaps

Re: ComicVine Scraper Publisher & Imprint remaps 2 years 6 months ago #41960

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 503
romsnesrom wrote:
I am not even sure how CVDB treats imprints right now. I did a search a few minutes ago and every imprint I could think of came out as a publisher... Do you know how does CVDB (and CVS by extension) treats imprints?

I don't think they have any formal idea of 'imprints' in their data structure. Sometimes, but not always, you'll find a comment in the description of a publisher saying that it is an imprint of another publisher. But this is not consistent. Basically, they treat everything as a publisher.

Comic Vine Scraper has its own list of imprints (which I haven't updated in a while). Every once in a while, people will tell me about a new imprint that the scraper doesn't yet recognize, and I add it in, as long as I can find a reference to it in the publisher description on Comic Vine.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: romsnesrom

ComicVine Scraper Publisher & Imprint remaps 2 years 6 months ago #41965

• romsnesrom
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
So I guess this is it then. The fault was not in the CVDB. The comic must have been pre-tagged as "DC Universe" imprint of "DC Comics". Since there is no imprint value such as "DC Universe" the scrapper does not overwrite the value when retrieving CVDB data.
Thanks for helping me figure it out.
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by romsnesrom.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds

Who's Online

We have 202 guests and 4 members online