Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

TOPIC: MYLAR! A "Sickbeard for Comics". Clicky here!

Re: MYLAR! A "Sickbeard for Comics". Clicky here! 3 years 11 months ago #37131

• stustap
  • Fresh Boarder
The bencoding issue with CBT has now also been resolved with the latest development build.

Great work evilhero - many thanks for this.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: MYLAR! A "Sickbeard for Comics". Clicky here! 3 years 11 months ago #37147

• schroder08
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
I'm pretty sure I searched/read through and haven't seen a solution to this problem that works for me, but I could be wrong so I'm sorry. Here goes...

I downloaded the development branch of Mylar, both through the website and using TortoiseSVN (I use that to keep my WiiFlow updated, so I thought I'd try it here too). When I try to launch I get -

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "mylar.py", line 156, in <module>
main()
File "mylar.py", line 110, in main
mylar.initialize()
File "C:\Mylar\mylar\__init__.py", line 592, in initialize
config_write()
File "C:\Mylar\mylar\__init__.py", line 921, in config_write
for prov_order in PROVIDER_ORDER:
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable

I have the main branch in a different directory and that starts up fine, but I recall reading that the development branch was the one to use. Someone else talked about editing /etc/something, however I am being blonde and don't know where to find this. Should I copy the development over the main, copy the .ini file from main to the development, or tweak something in the development directory? Thanks for your assistance (in advance) and also for your time working on this, it really looks good!

Re: MYLAR! A "Sickbeard for Comics". Clicky here! 3 years 11 months ago #37148

• evilhero
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 53
schroder08 wrote:
I'm pretty sure I searched/read through and haven't seen a solution to this problem that works for me, but I could be wrong so I'm sorry. Here goes...

I downloaded the development branch of Mylar, both through the website and using TortoiseSVN (I use that to keep my WiiFlow updated, so I thought I'd try it here too). When I try to launch I get -

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "mylar.py", line 156, in <module>
main()
File "mylar.py", line 110, in main
mylar.initialize()
File "C:\Mylar\mylar\__init__.py", line 592, in initialize
config_write()
File "C:\Mylar\mylar\__init__.py", line 921, in config_write
for prov_order in PROVIDER_ORDER:
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable

I have the main branch in a different directory and that starts up fine, but I recall reading that the development branch was the one to use. Someone else talked about editing /etc/something, however I am being blonde and don't know where to find this. Should I copy the development over the main, copy the .ini file from main to the development, or tweak something in the development directory? Thanks for your assistance (in advance) and also for your time working on this, it really looks good!

Well you got the right part of the post at least, and yes it's an issue when starting from scratch as
it's only happening to those users who are starting up Mylar for the first time (I know, great way to welcome people eh?).

I just pushed the fix to the development branch, so if you grab the latest development build, you shouldn't have any problems starting it up. I'll push it out to Master as soon as I can do the merge from development. :)

Here's hoping you have better success after the update!
The following user(s) said Thank You: schroder08

Re: MYLAR! A "Sickbeard for Comics". Clicky here! 3 years 11 months ago #37149

• schroder08
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
Huzzah, I updated, loaded and it looks great! Thanks again!

Re: MYLAR! A "Sickbeard for Comics". Clicky here! 3 years 11 months ago #37187

• dbznokia
  • Senior Boarder
Has anything changed in dev? Mylar is showing 3 updates but when I click update it doesn't seem to update.

Re: MYLAR! A "Sickbeard for Comics". Clicky here! 3 years 11 months ago #37196

• Ziggybee
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi.
First of all thank you. That's a lovely project!

I managed to run the development version of mylar with no issues. I'm worried how I can migrate data from the dev to the master version of the application. I tried simply copying the .db files in the master version but the application crashes badly. It is possible at all?

At the moment I'm using the dev version mostly to use the katproxy option. Once that feature will be in the master version, I'd like to use a more stable environment.

Re: MYLAR! A "Sickbeard for Comics". Clicky here! 3 years 11 months ago #37198

• evilhero
  • Gold Boarder
dbznokia wrote:
Has anything changed in dev? Mylar is showing 3 updates but when I click update it doesn't seem to update.

If you've modified any files other than the .cfg and .ini files, the update will fail as it can't determine which files to keep vs. not keeping. The best way to find out why it's failing, is to run it in interactive mode, and keep an eye on the console logging. Odds are it'll spit out an error related to certain files being modified and saying to commit or stash the changes. Since you can't commit (unless you're on your own repo-build), you would stash the changes - which basically undoes any modifications and puts your local repo back to the point of the last successful commmit update. (from the shell, you just type in 'git stash' from within the mylar directory).

The other alternative, is to backup your .ini and .db files and then do a fresh git clone in order to get the latest. Don't forget to do a 'git checkout development' after the clone to make sure you're on the development branch as well ;)

I also believe that shutting down Mylar, and just doing a 'git pull' from within the Mylar directory will forcibly update it.
Ziggybee wrote:
Hi.
First of all thank you. That's a lovely project!

I managed to run the development version of mylar with no issues. I'm worried how I can migrate data from the dev to the master version of the application. I tried simply copying the .db files in the master version but the application crashes badly. It is possible at all?

At the moment I'm using the dev version mostly to use the katproxy option. Once that feature will be in the master version, I'd like to use a more stable environment.

TBH, the development branch is the one that may have more issues, but it also has more fixes and patches quicker than the Master branch as such it's probably more stable than the Master (usually). Migrating between branches isn't really advisable since certain tables aren't created in one branch vs. the other, which would cause errors on startup. I tend to purposely not update the Master as often, simply because before I push things to it from the Development branch I want to be confident that it's not going to break anything.

If you were to try backing up files, the mylar.db and the config.ini are the only 2 files that are needed - just make sure Mylar isn't running when you copy them over. Again it's not a guarantee it would work, usually backing up those 2 files and replacing only works when doing so in the same branch.
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by evilhero.

Re: MYLAR! A "Sickbeard for Comics". Clicky here! 3 years 11 months ago #37360

• Enoch Root
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi EvilHero,

Is there any way to get Mylar to basically re-read all the comics I have and set the missing ones to wanted?

I lost the drive with my comics. My backup was older and so some issues are missing.

Update Active Comics doesn't seem to work. Missing comics are still marked as Downloaded.

Manually Refreshing each comic through Mylar doesn't change the status, it seems. Only Renaming or Rechecking will put the status to Archived. Even then, the issue count is based on Downloaded and Archived statuses so if I lost an issue of a comic, the count still says it is there. Also, some comics were are in the Mylar DB, but aren't even part of the backup so they have no folder but Mylar says I have all the issues.

I guess I really want the current DB compared to the actual issues I still have with all the missing ones marked Wanted. Any tips on making this work better than touching each series in Mylar?

I am running the latest Dev version.

Re: MYLAR! A "Sickbeard for Comics". Clicky here! 3 years 11 months ago #37389

• hokey1
  • Fresh Boarder
First off thanks for this great program!

I have an question. Mylar has no problem seeing issues I acquired from outside Mylar. When I go to manage and look at the series it show every issue downloaded. But on the main manage page it shows I have 0 of 235 issues. How do I make the main manage page show the downloaded issues?

Thanks

Re: MYLAR! A "Sickbeard for Comics". Clicky here! 3 years 10 months ago #37438

• evilhero
  • Gold Boarder
Enoch Root wrote:
Hi EvilHero,

Is there any way to get Mylar to basically re-read all the comics I have and set the missing ones to wanted?

I lost the drive with my comics. My backup was older and so some issues are missing.

Update Active Comics doesn't seem to work. Missing comics are still marked as Downloaded.

Manually Refreshing each comic through Mylar doesn't change the status, it seems. Only Renaming or Rechecking will put the status to Archived. Even then, the issue count is based on Downloaded and Archived statuses so if I lost an issue of a comic, the count still says it is there. Also, some comics were are in the Mylar DB, but aren't even part of the backup so they have no folder but Mylar says I have all the issues.

I guess I really want the current DB compared to the actual issues I still have with all the missing ones marked Wanted. Any tips on making this work better than touching each series in Mylar?

I am running the latest Dev version.

Honestly, that's a pretty big undertaking from a code perspective - it can be done though. Right now, you can change all Skipped to Wanted, but on a per-series basis which wouldn't really help lower your workload in changing things. If that were a global setting, then you could enable it and have it mark all Skipped issues as Wanted although you would have to do a global db refresh prior to enabling the option just to make sure all the issues are picked up and marked accordingly (the global db refresh is on the Manage tab, Advanced Options, Force Update Active Comics).

I'll add it in my queue possibly for the next commit since I don't think it would take that much for me to do it since it's already present on a per-series basis anyways :)
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds

Who's Online

We have 200 guests and 7 members online