Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

TOPIC: MYLAR! A "Sickbeard for Comics". Clicky here!

Re: MYLAR! A "Sickbeard for Comics". Clicky here! 4 years 6 months ago #33765

• wojosama
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 45
I apologize, I should have been a bit more clear. Upon rereading my request I understand how it was easily misunderstood. I didn't mean tips about usenet in general, I was referring to Mylar itself and more specifically examples of uses that are less than obvious.

I already went over the readme on the git site a few times, but I'm sure that there's a lot of uses that are figured out only with experience, and that's the kind stuff I was wondering about.

Also, I think my request is probably outside of the scope of these forums, so if anyone has anything that they consider need to know, or just something they find very useful, please PM me.

EDIT: Thank you for your response regardless.
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by wojosama. Reason: Forgot to thank bakker_be
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: MYLAR! A "Sickbeard for Comics". Clicky here! 4 years 6 months ago #33777

• startreksteve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
Installed Mylar on the Pi tonight, its busy grabbing comics perfectly right now, only using 38% cpu too!
Also doing get_iplayer and playing an mp3 at the same time, love this little box! Pretty too in its Pimoroni box!
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by startreksteve.

Re: MYLAR! A "Sickbeard for Comics". Clicky here! 4 years 6 months ago #33784

• AtariBaby
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Just ask as you go, here or on Github. These guys couldn't be more helpful. And don't be sheepish about posting and asking. Apologies and PM requests are not necessary!

Re: MYLAR! A "Sickbeard for Comics". Clicky here! 4 years 6 months ago #33788

• wojosama
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 45
Haha I appreciate it. Its probably apparent that I'm quite a bit on the overly paranoid side :laugh:.

I actually set it up after I made that post and have been playing around with it and I love it so far. I guess a big part of my question was due to thinking it was going to be much, much more complicated than it actually is. Of course I haven't even thought about testing the post processing or anything, but I don't know if I'll need it since I have everything set up to do it in CR a certain way already. Of course after I look into it further that opinion could very well change.

All in all, it's an amazingly handy utility, and certainly beats the crap out of how I was doing things!

Oh and steve, that's awesome that you got it up and running and that it only uses that much of cpu. The Pi is looking more and more tasty! :silly:

Re: MYLAR! A "Sickbeard for Comics". Clicky here! 4 years 6 months ago #33799

• axlrod
  • Fresh Boarder
I am really excited about giving Mylar a spin but I am a little confused on the best way to use it. I have successfully configured couchpotato and sickbeard and I'm trying to figure out the best way to configure Mylar to work similarly to the way they do.

My SABNzbd sits on another system. I understand and have the blackhole option shipping nzb files over. The files download and I have another process to ship the files back to a local directory. Here is where I am a little confused.

1. Where do I set the local folder path that Mylar will watch and pick up my new files?

2. As I use Comicrack do I even want Mylar to "pick them up" as I usually drop all my new files in to comicrack and then update/organize them via a vine scrape and some sorting rules. Does Mylar duplicate this functionality? Is Mylar as good as or better then Comicrack so the better way is to let Mylar handle it and Comicrack just catalog and read?

3. If I should still let Comicrack manage my files will Mylar just read my Comicrack install and know what series etc I have?

Thanks for a great idea, I am excited about Mylar!!

Re: MYLAR! A "Sickbeard for Comics". Clicky here! 4 years 6 months ago #33803

• startreksteve
  • Platinum Boarder
axlrod wrote:
My SABNzbd sits on another system. I understand and have the blackhole option shipping nzb files over. The files download and I have another process to ship the files back to a local directory. Here is where I am a little confused.

1. Where do I set the local folder path that Mylar will watch and pick up my new files?

On my first attempt, I had an old machine running with the black hole saving to Dropbox, that sync'd up to my NZB downloader PC and all was well.
Dunno whether I can run dropbox on the Pi though as I run headless without a gui.

Steve
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by startreksteve.

Re: MYLAR! A "Sickbeard for Comics". Clicky here! 4 years 6 months ago #33830

• axlrod
  • Fresh Boarder
startreksteve wrote:
axlrod wrote:

On my first attempt, I had an old machine running with the black hole saving to Dropbox, that sync'd up to my NZB downloader PC and all was well.
Dunno whether I can run dropbox on the Pi though as I run headless without a gui.

Steve

I guess I am asking "synced up to where?" Just a folder that Mylar can see? And then where in the Mylar config do i tell it to find my downloaded files? Thanks!

Re: MYLAR! A "Sickbeard for Comics". Clicky here! 4 years 6 months ago #33832

• startreksteve
  • Platinum Boarder
Set your Black Hole to a folder in dropbox and set the same folder in your NZB downloader PC to the same folder

Re: MYLAR! A "Sickbeard for Comics". Clicky here! 4 years 6 months ago #33836

• axlrod
  • Fresh Boarder
startreksteve wrote:
Set your Black Hole to a folder in dropbox and set the same folder in your NZB downloader PC to the same folder

I'm sorry I misunderstood, the NZB shipping is fine. I have a blackhole that sends those without issue. I am more concerned with what happens next. I have downloaded the comics on the remote system and now I am shipping them back. How do i then work with those downloaded files in Mylar/Comicrack. Thanks again though!!

Re: MYLAR! A "Sickbeard for Comics". Clicky here! 4 years 6 months ago #33869

• startreksteve
  • Platinum Boarder
axlrod wrote:
startreksteve wrote:

I'm sorry I misunderstood, the NZB shipping is fine. I have a blackhole that sends those without issue. I am more concerned with what happens next. I have downloaded the comics on the remote system and now I am shipping them back. How do i then work with those downloaded files in Mylar/Comicrack. Thanks again though!!

Not quite sure what you mean, when the NZB's are sent to your NZB client, it will download the comics where-ever you set your NZB client to download to, then you just copy the finished comics to your Comicrack Comics folder. If you are only downloading comics with your NZB client and nothing else, you could make Comicrack your NZB download folder I guess. All depends on your setup. On my system I download TV, Music and all sorts of stuff via NZB's, so it would be rather untidy to send them all to Comicrack. You could also write a script to move finished comics from the NZB folder to Comicrack, my main system is Ubuntu, so it doesnt run Comicrack anyway.
Steve
Time to create page: 0.401 seconds

Who's Online

We have 260 guests and one member online