Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

TOPIC: MYLAR! A "Sickbeard for Comics". Clicky here!

Re: MYLAR! A "Sickbeard for Comics". Clicky here! 3 years 11 months ago #37632

• Freakeao
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
I'm trying out Mylar for the first time and I've run into a problem.

I installed it on win7 and I have it running, but when I try to scan my existing comics I get this error.

Unable to complete the scan: [Errno 9] Bad file descriptor

It does find some of my comics, according to the log. But the scans never finish so nothing shows up in Mylar.

My comics location is on a network drive

L:\Comics\Marvel
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: MYLAR! A "Sickbeard for Comics". Clicky here! 3 years 11 months ago #37633

• Freakeao
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
Is there a write up on how best to use Mylar? I've been using flexget with torrents and plan on trying mylar with torrent providers. After I get my books I use Comicrack (surprise!) and library organizer to move them around. How does this workflow fit in with Mylar?

I'm a little confused by some of the terminology. What's the difference between downloaded and archived?

I've manually added a couple series I follow (scanning isn't working for me so far). I then had to edit the Directory Location for a series to match where I have it stored (I'm using seriesGroup in my library organizer so I doubt there's a way to make Mylar figure that out automatically). I can then recheck files and it will pick up most-all of the books there. Is that right?

Thanks.
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Freakeao.

Re: MYLAR! A "Sickbeard for Comics". Clicky here! 3 years 11 months ago #37638

• evilhero
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 53
2mny wrote:
@evilhero
If I download a file, manually rename it and dump it in the proper comic folder will Mylar scan that folder and mark the file as "Downloaded" automatically?
Well it will only 'rescan' or 'refresh' the series every 6 hours if it's a series that's on the weekly pull list, or every 48hrs when it does the DB update.
2mny wrote:
In the same line of thinking, could we dump comics that haven't been renamed into an existing comic folder and have Mylar apply post-processing to them, in effect forcing series detection for the comics. I would think that this would be an easier method of importing than programing increasingly difficult series detection algorithms.
This already exists - the Manual Run Post-Processing option located in the Manage tab / Manual Run. Put in the folder that contains the comics you want to be post-processed and Mylar will scan the folder(s). If the series exists in your watchlist, Mylar will then post-process based on your configuration settings and move the file into the proper series directory. If the series doesn't exist, Mylar will not touch it and leave it ( possibly you could use the Import Directory option to import non-existing series ).

The detection algorithim's for determining if a series exist based on the filenaming are good, but they're not 100% perfect, so there's the chance in certain circumstances that it would fail to recognize the series if it did exist in your watchlist (the whole villain arc that happened with DC just recently really cause some detection problems due to the weird naming that was done).

Re: MYLAR! A "Sickbeard for Comics". Clicky here! 3 years 11 months ago #37639

• evilhero
  • Gold Boarder
Freakeao wrote:
I'm trying out Mylar for the first time and I've run into a problem.

I installed it on win7 and I have it running, but when I try to scan my existing comics I get this error.

Unable to complete the scan: [Errno 9] Bad file descriptor

The bad file descriptor could be any number of problems, but I'll give a few possible ones and you can tell me if they might relate to your setup.

The bad file descriptor could be displayed if a hdd is failing or is about to fail (or has some bad blocks that can't be read/written to). It could also be if you're running Mylar in some daemon way where the stdout,stderr processes can't be displayed to the screen via the print statements (Mylar has several print statements throughout for console debugging purposes). Have you tried running it from the command line ?

I'm also assuming that the user running Mylar has read/write access to the share you've declared as your Comic Location folder? For Comic Location you may have to put in the full path to the share instead of using the MAP (I really don't know, I don't use Mapped drive shares but it's a thought).

It may also be due to the naming of your filenames - if you could post how they are, it might help especially if they don't follow the typical naming pattern that Mylar generally uses.

You've also said you scanned your existing comics - but how are you doing this ? Did you put the comics in the given directories where Mylar thinks they are? Are you running the Import Directory option which would either physically move the file from point A to point B, or would mark them as 'Archived' and no moving done?
Freakeao wrote:
Is there a write up on how best to use Mylar? I've been using flexget with torrents and plan on trying mylar with torrent providers. After I get my books I use Comicrack (surprise!) and library organizer to move them around. How does this workflow fit in with Mylar?
Mylar would take the place of what flexget does really - it finds the nzb/torrents and sends it to SABnzbd(or nzbget) or your torrent client's watch folder. Once it's downloaded, Mylar will post-process(rename,tag, move) and will also maintain a manageable list of what you have downloaded vs. what you don't. It it no way takes the place of ComicRack, and is used mainly to help download and process the comics based on what you tell it to.
Freakeao wrote:
I'm a little confused by some of the terminology. What's the difference between downloaded and archived?
Downloaded is when an issue is found by Mylar in the given Series directory. This status will happen when an issue is downloaded and then post-processed - the status will go from Wanted to Snatched to Downloaded (once it's completed the post-processing stage).
When you do a 'Recheck Files' or 'Refresh Series', if an issue is found in the Series Location Folder then it is marked as being 'Downloaded'.

Archived is for when you have issues in another folder, or you've deleted them because you've read them or whatever - basically if the issues don't exist in the Series directory location but you want Mylar to know not to Download it or for it keep track of it for data-usage (ie. total counts, etc).
Freakeao wrote:
I've manually added a couple series I follow (scanning isn't working for me so far). I then had to edit the Directory Location for a series to match where I have it stored (I'm using seriesGroup in my library organizer so I doubt there's a way to make Mylar figure that out automatically). I can then recheck files and it will pick up most-all of the books there. Is that right?
Yes, that's correct if that's the process you want to use. I'm not sure what exactly seriesGroup is to be honest, but if you're having to edit the Directory Location for the series, then I'm guessing it's probably just the series title, and then folders within for the volume labels (which no, at the current time Mylar won't be able to create directories in that format). The Rechecking will work, but it really depends on how you have your issues named - if they don't follow the typical pattern, it's kind of hit and miss as to how Mylar will detect it. Currently, you need to have at least the series title and the issue number in the filename. If you don't, then Mylar won't detect the series properly.
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by evilhero.

Re: MYLAR! A "Sickbeard for Comics". Clicky here! 3 years 11 months ago #37643

• kingfenix
  • Junior Boarder
getting this error upon starting mylar up....

Exception in thread Thread-12:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 808, in __bootstrap_inner
self.run()
File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 761, in run
self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
File "/Users/kingfenix/Downloads/mylar-master/mylar/weeklypull.py", line 142, in pullit
pullitcheck()
File "/Users/kingfenix/Downloads/mylar-master/mylar/weeklypull.py", line 566, in pullitcheck
statusupdate = updater.upcoming_update(ComicID=ComicID, ComicName=ComicName, IssueNumber=ComicIssue, IssueDate=ComicDate, forcecheck=forcecheck)
File "/Users/kingfenix/Downloads/mylar-master/mylar/updater.py", line 188, in upcoming_update
else: mylar.importer.addComictoDB(ComicID,mismatch,pullupd)
File "/Users/kingfenix/Downloads/mylar-master/mylar/importer.py", line 652, in addComictoDB
int_issnum = (int(issb4dec) * 1000) + (int(issaftdec) * 10)
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'issaftdec' referenced before assignment

Re: MYLAR! A "Sickbeard for Comics". Clicky here! 3 years 11 months ago #37644

• kingfenix
  • Junior Boarder
also if I hit one-off to add a comic to be downloaded....it goes into a endless searching loop and eats up cpu/bandwidth

Re: MYLAR! A "Sickbeard for Comics". Clicky here! 3 years 11 months ago #37649

• evilhero
  • Gold Boarder
kingfenix wrote:
getting this error upon starting mylar up....

Exception in thread Thread-12:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 808, in __bootstrap_inner
self.run()
File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 761, in run
self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
File "/Users/kingfenix/Downloads/mylar-master/mylar/weeklypull.py", line 142, in pullit
pullitcheck()
File "/Users/kingfenix/Downloads/mylar-master/mylar/weeklypull.py", line 566, in pullitcheck
statusupdate = updater.upcoming_update(ComicID=ComicID, ComicName=ComicName, IssueNumber=ComicIssue, IssueDate=ComicDate, forcecheck=forcecheck)
File "/Users/kingfenix/Downloads/mylar-master/mylar/updater.py", line 188, in upcoming_update
else: mylar.importer.addComictoDB(ComicID,mismatch,pullupd)
File "/Users/kingfenix/Downloads/mylar-master/mylar/importer.py", line 652, in addComictoDB
int_issnum = (int(issb4dec) * 1000) + (int(issaftdec) * 10)
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'issaftdec' referenced before assignment

Check github - This was fixed in the most recent commit of the development build. Not sure on ETA for master, so you might have to switch branches until then. Thank Marvel for having issues like '7.INH' which buggers it up.
kingfenix wrote:
also if I hit one-off to add a comic to be downloaded....it goes into a endless searching loop and eats up cpu/bandwidth
That's generally what endless loops tend to do - it's uncontrolled ;)
Start an issue on github for this one and post in the relevant portion of your mylar.log file (not the GUI screen), and I'll check it out as this is the first I've heard of this one.
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by evilhero.

Re: MYLAR! A "Sickbeard for Comics". Clicky here! 3 years 11 months ago #37652

• glave
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
How is the post processing and tagging in comparison to the Comicvine scraper plugin for Comicrack?

This part is always the bear of processing books every week for me, as it seems to take forever (and it bores me to tears, lol).

Re: MYLAR! A "Sickbeard for Comics". Clicky here! 3 years 11 months ago #37708

• Hexaphim
  • Fresh Boarder
I made a boo-boo! (please delete)
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Hexaphim.

Re: MYLAR! A "Sickbeard for Comics". Clicky here! 3 years 10 months ago #37797

• startreksteve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
Every time I change pages in Mylar, I get the update available box popping onscreen, if I update, or close, it comes back every time I change pages. Grrrr!!
VERY annoying!
Time to create page: 0.496 seconds

Who's Online

We have 176 guests and 4 members online