Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

TOPIC: MYLAR! A "Sickbeard for Comics". Clicky here!

Re: MYLAR! A "Sickbeard for Comics". Clicky! 4 years 4 months ago #33881

• AtariBaby
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Have you seen and configured the Mylar post-processing script for sabnzbd? In my case, Sabnzbd dowloads the comic files based on the nzb's Mylar sends it. Mylar then retitles the files and moves them to my dropbox folder for easy access. I move or delete the files from Dropbox when I'm done reading.
Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by AtariBaby.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: MYLAR! A "Sickbeard for Comics". Clicky here! 4 years 4 months ago #33884

• evilhero
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 53
axlrod wrote:
My SABNzbd sits on another system. I understand and have the blackhole option shipping nzb files over. The files download and I have another process to ship the files back to a local directory. Here is where I am a little confused.

1. Where do I set the local folder path that Mylar will watch and pick up my new files?
Mylar has a SABnzbd Download Directory option in the Configuration/Download Settings tab which is used by people that have SAB sitting on a different machine than Mylar. There is no reason to 'ship the files back' as if you specify the correct Download Directory, Mylar will post-process the files from that directory, move them into the required series' folders, and then remove the original directory once it's completed. You just have to make sure that the Download Directory option you specify has the proper permissions to allow the user running Mylar to have full access to the directory (as in being able to move and delete). So just make sure to have a Comics-category in SAB(name it something else if you want, just remember to use the exact same name in Mylar), and point the category download directory to the location you want (on the SABnzbd machine obviously). Then in Mylar, set the SABnzbd Download Directory to the exact same.
2. As I use Comicrack do I even want Mylar to "pick them up" as I usually drop all my new files in to comicrack and then update/organize them via a vine scrape and some sorting rules. Does Mylar duplicate this functionality? Is Mylar as good as or better then Comicrack so the better way is to let Mylar handle it and Comicrack just catalog and read?
Mylar uses CV to get all it's data and uses it to rename the files based on what you see. It organizes it based on how you specify the Folder Formatting/File Formatting options - but off of the central directory (Comic Location). Depending on the complexity of your folder structure, Mylar should be able to mimic the layout,and then it will just put the downloaded files into the appropriate directory. It doesn't do metadata though, but there is a script (Manders I believe) that will write the metadata. So unless you use that (set it as a Post-Processing script option), you'll still have to run the comics through the scraper.
3. If I should still let Comicrack manage my files will Mylar just read my Comicrack install and know what series etc I have?
Nope. Mylar currently has zero-integration with CR so it won't read you install or know what comics you have. There is an import feature in Mylar, but it will move the files into a location that Mylar recognizes ( ie. /mnt/Comics/Animal Man-(2011)/ ), which would then probably throw off CR in being able to locate said files. This may be addressed at a later time, but currently you have to manually add each series (or run though the importer, which like I said above will physically move the files).
The following user(s) said Thank You: axlrod

Re: MYLAR! A "Sickbeard for Comics". Clicky here! 4 years 4 months ago #33906

• axlrod
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks evilhero! TBH I am running ComicRack in a VM on a Mac and was only doing so as after years of a lack of organizing comics on my part due to the difficulty. I think CR is great but this sounds like it might work better for my needs. Mylar to get NZB, ship off to sabnzbd, ship back the downloads, process with Mylar/Manders Mylar script. This vastly simplifys what was proving to be a burdensome process. Seriously you made the process I am facing much more clear and I appreciate it.

Re: MYLAR! A "Sickbeard for Comics". Clicky here! 4 years 4 months ago #33928

• startreksteve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
Ok,
Mylar flying along now on the Pi,
one question for Evil, can I search for Comics that havent been published yet?
Im thinking of Satellite Sam and Sheltered for example, do they not go into comicvine until the publishing date?

PS to all you Pi lusters out there. my first Pi multitasks so well I've only needed to switch on the 2nd Pi once just to make sure it works, havent found a need for it yet! Im going to a Raspberry Jam next month, the wife says I should take it along and auction it!
Steve

Re: MYLAR! A "Sickbeard for Comics". Clicky here! 4 years 4 months ago #33932

• wojosama
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 45
I'm thinking that as long as someone puts the submits the info to CV and its able to verified there's no reason it shouldn't be put up. You'd have to look into their policy on that kind of thing. But I'd be surprised if they didn't allow series to put up before release of the first issue. As for how mylar handles/would handle comics they don't have issues yet, I'm not sure.

Yeah rereading that, it probably isn't even remotely helpful to you, but I'll leave it just in case.

And yeah if you are going to a raspberry jam and you want to sell it, I'd definitely take it with. But there's always that chance that the day after you sell it you'll find something you could've used it for. :silly:

Re: MYLAR! A "Sickbeard for Comics". Clicky here! 4 years 4 months ago #33936

• evilhero
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 53
startreksteve wrote:
Ok,
Mylar flying along now on the Pi,
one question for Evil, can I search for Comics that havent been published yet?
Im thinking of Satellite Sam and Sheltered for example, do they not go into comicvine until the publishing date?

If you can find it on CV, you can add it into Mylar - the only exception may be Graphic Novels or Tradebacks which may not add properly because they may be missing some data required by Mylar in order to get added successfully. Mylar will try and search for the issues though so you won't get any matches until it's released obviously - but when it's available for download (and/or it appears on the pullist), it will get downloaded as normal ;)

Re: MYLAR! A "Sickbeard for Comics". Clicky here! 4 years 4 months ago #33938

• wojosama
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 45
I figured that it would work as usual but as I'm still fairly new to mylar I wasn't 100% sure. Good to know for the future though so thank you for weighing in evil.

Re: MYLAR! A "Sickbeard for Comics". Clicky here! 4 years 4 months ago #34030

• AtariBaby
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
So I have all these wonderful apps running: Sickbeard, Couchpotato, Sab, Mylar, etc, but to administer them when not at home, I have to use Teamviewer to remote in. Is anyone here using some sort of web-based interface to manage all these apps? I'm thinking about using Maraschino forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=113136

Re: MYLAR! A "Sickbeard for Comics". Clicky here! 4 years 4 months ago #34032

• bakker_be
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I personally just expose the web-page through my router, password-protected + https where possible, on a non-default port.
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
Dr. Seuss

Re: MYLAR! A "Sickbeard for Comics". Clicky here! 4 years 4 months ago #34039

• michaelcdf
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I am already using sickbeard, couchpatato and thanks a lot for the time you are taking developping the comic version.

I already saw your answer about manga I won t bother you (this year :) ) with french comics "bande dessinée" .

Keep the good work
Time to create page: 0.625 seconds

Who's Online

We have 171 guests and 4 members online