Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

TOPIC: File Name in Info Window

File Name in Info Window 8 years 7 months ago #3440

• Fain
  • Gold Boarder
  • Compulssive Ad Clicker

This is a quick mockup I did. It doesn't have to be exactly like that, for me personally the File Name is the most important bit here, and the mock file name doesn't illustrate why very well.

Reason for this request is I have large series where I have the order listed in the file name. So the files names may be like:

00 - Crazy T-Guys 482.cbz
01 - The Horribles 03.cbz
02 - Crazy T-Guys 483.cbz
ect;

Reason for this is to track the read order of a comic arc over multiple series.
When I'm organizing the acr, I find myself refering to the file name alot, which at times can get hidden by other windows or whathave you. I found one of the quickest way to see the filename inside ComicRack was to click the summary tab and look under Where
But after doing this about 100 times now... tada, this request is born.
Everytime you click an ad, a cYo gains its wings.
Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Fain.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:File Name in Info Window 8 years 7 months ago #3442

• spyd3r0x
  • Senior Boarder
I usually view the filename in the library list. Path is one of the columns you can display. I'm not sure if there is a filename column, as well, but the path shows the full path and the filename. Then, if I need to use that filename info to fill out the AltSeries name/number info, I just move the File Info box to the left a bit, so I can see that column in the list.

Re:File Name in Info Window 8 years 7 months ago #3445

• Fain
  • Gold Boarder
  • Compulssive Ad Clicker
I use that as well, but like I said, things get covered up, and in longer lists, moving the InfoWindow around all the time to view the filenames in the library part can become quiet time consuming.

Re:File Name in Info Window 8 years 7 months ago #3450

• spyd3r0x
  • Senior Boarder
Fain wrote:
I use that as well, but like I said, things get covered up, and in longer lists, moving the InfoWindow around all the time to view the filenames in the library part can become quiet time consuming.
True.

Re:File Name in Info Window 8 years 7 months ago #3452

• Fain
  • Gold Boarder
  • Compulssive Ad Clicker
However after messing around abit and seeing what else I can do to fix this 'issue' I found that it also much easier to just remain in the library view and edit the metadata through long double clicks.

But after doing this abit I'm starting to miss a Windows Vistaish feature when it comes to 'renaming'
Vista has a nice little feature when you are renaming files of being able to press tab to goto the next file in the list to rename.
While I was editing the numbers of an alternative series with 60 issues in it... well lets say the long clicks got old. Kept found myself wishing tab would send me to the next item in the list in the same column

Re:File Name in Info Window 8 years 7 months ago #3453

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
did not no about this feature :)
I'll think it is a good idea.

Re:File Name in Info Window 8 years 7 months ago #3457

• spyd3r0x
  • Senior Boarder
The way many programs work is, Shift+Tab/Tab moves your left/right, while Up/Down arrows move you up/down, and Shift+Enter/Enter moves you up/down as well. That's how Excel works. Basically, if you're editing a field, and hit tab, it'll move you to the next field for that eComic. If you hit Down, it'll move you to the same field for the NEXT eComic. I think that'd be pretty slick.

Oh, and F2 usually gets you in to Edit mode. I'm not sure if ComicRack already does that, or not.
Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by spyd3r0x.

Re:File Name in Info Window 8 years 7 months ago #3458

• spyd3r0x
  • Senior Boarder
Well, I played with Windows Media Player a bit, and Enter confirms your change, and just finishes edit mode. So, tabs to left/right, arrows to up/down, enter to confirm.
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Who's Online

We have 234 guests and 2 members online