Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack
  • Page:

TOPIC: Library size

Library size 4 years 2 months ago #36971

• gdison
  • Junior Boarder
Hi everyone
Just wanted to ask everyone what is the size of your library because I want to know how far CR can go in term of scaling and coping with the large ones. I have a library of more than 65k and growing and I’m struggling right now with CR to the extent that I can’t perform any operation without it freezing then crashing (and that within a pc with a i7 processor and 12GB ram).
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Library size 4 years 2 months ago #36972

• snailtail
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
My Library just broke the 100K mark (100,773) with no dupes, Total filesize is 2.1TB.
Database is running from an SSD on SATA3 Port, PC is i5 with 8GB RAM, Comics are on a Sep 3TB Drive on SATA3 Port.
I have no issues with the large DB, I get occasional Crashes but no more than 1 a week....
Last Edit: 4 years 2 months ago by snailtail.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gdison

Re: Library size 4 years 2 months ago #36973

• Casublett
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
4TB lib here I have zero issues from my library size.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gdison

Re: Library size 4 years 2 months ago #36974

• gdison
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks guys.. this really good news as I thought I have pushed CR to its limits. Time to check for another reason why it behave like this although I have already tested the same library on another machine with windows server 2012 with the same results
Last Edit: 4 years 2 months ago by gdison.

Re: Library size 3 years 10 months ago #37968

• Dancer
  • Senior Boarder
Have you found a solution to this? Every time i get past 10-15k comics the whole programs gets really unstable and will crash and freeze

Re: Library size 3 years 10 months ago #37970

• gdison
  • Junior Boarder
Dancer wrote:
Have you found a solution to this? Every time i get past 10-15k comics the whole programs gets really unstable and will crash and freeze
yeah, it turns out, in my case, to be caused by the Info Panel's plugins (CoverFlow, Metadata and SeriesInfoPanel) removing them solved thee problem. my library is now over 150k comics without issues.
it makes sense as those plugins try to parse all selected comics metadata which is way too much!!
Last Edit: 3 years 10 months ago by gdison.

Library size 3 years 10 months ago #37971

• Dancer
  • Senior Boarder
Are those built in? I'm looking around but not finding where those are. Or is it more of a setting?

Library size 3 years 10 months ago #37972

• Dancer
  • Senior Boarder
I'm a senior boarder now, how cool is that? Anyway I found that yes they are all add on scripts, none of which I have so my problem must be something else.

Anyone have any ideas? I had this problem before then i lost my whole database and started over. I didn't add everything back in right away but have been slowly. Now that I again reach the 15k mark or so when i click the library it will often crash.

Any ideas? I have a quad core cpu with 12 gigs of memory and a gaming video card so the comp shouldn't be the issue.

Library size 3 years 10 months ago #37974

• cmk100
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
at which point does it crash? when you try to display all of the comics, or when you try to read one, for example..

do you have all your comics in 1 folder with sub-folders or are they separated at many different locations on your computer?

Library size 3 years 10 months ago #37975

• Dancer
  • Senior Boarder
They have always been in one folder called comics, right now they don't have any subfolders, but in the past they have been. I just changed hard drives and the drive letters were different so i had to move things about and change drive letters to get things to work so right now they don't have any subfolders.

When i click library and I don't have any filtering going and the whole list is supposed to come up it will stop responding.

Since the new install --yesterday-- I can put the whole thing on and it doesn't crash. Could this be all the subfolders?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Who's Online

We have 234 guests and one member online