Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

TOPIC: Kindle Comic Converter is now supporting ComicRack metadata

Kindle Comic Converter is now supporting ComicRack metadata 4 years 4 days ago #37584

• AcidWeb
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

Small information for Kindle (or other e-ink devices) users. Since version 3.6 Kindle Comic Converter use ComicRack metadata during conversion.

More details on our wiki: https://github.com/ciromattia/kcc/wiki/ComicRack-metadata

Also I immediately answer the question that always appear - Yes. You can read comics/manga comfortably even on 6" screen. I encourage interested people to look at the sample files.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Kindle Comic Converter is now supporting ComicRack metadata 4 years 3 days ago #37594

• Madmatx
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
My initial reaction to this was "Why would you need this if you have Comicrack?" :whistle:

Anyways, I'll give this a look. I've been reading comics on my Kindle Fire HD 7" for almost a year now but I'm not the biggest fan of the free android version of CR that you have to use with the Kindle, lol. I bought Perfect Viewer for reading on the Kindle but it might be cool to try this out since it reads the metadata that all my comics have.

Re: Kindle Comic Converter is now supporting ComicRack metadata 4 years 3 days ago #37596

• AcidWeb
  • Fresh Boarder
I admit that despite the fact that KCC have Kindle Fire profiles it was mainly created for e-ink devices.
They were added because people asked about them.

I personally think that Perfect Viewer might be better than KCC on Android devices.

Re: Kindle Comic Converter is now supporting ComicRack metadata 4 years 2 days ago #37597

• Madmatx
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
Ah, that makes sense. SO it's mainly used for the traditional reader only pads.

Re: Kindle Comic Converter is now supporting ComicRack metadata 4 years 2 days ago #37598

• AcidWeb
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes. Main feature of KCC is obtaining maximum possible quality on e-ink devices. Some magic and you can easily read comics/manga even on 6" Kindle.

When target device have other screen type it is simple converter: Images -> CBZ/EPUB/MOBI.
It is still useful but definitely does not show all what he can do. On first Kindle Fire due its low resolution is somewhat useful. Support of newer models was implemented only because they exist :-P
Last Edit: 4 years 2 days ago by AcidWeb.

Re: Kindle Comic Converter is now supporting ComicRack metadata 4 years 2 days ago #37616

• AcidWeb
  • Fresh Boarder
I don't really understand about what you asking.

How I can compare image processing library with ready product?
Time to create page: 0.547 seconds

Who's Online

We have 245 guests and no members online