Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack
  • Page:

TOPIC: Surface Pro 3: Your thoughts

Surface Pro 3: Your thoughts 3 years 2 months ago #40365

• Klyph
  • Fresh Boarder
SlapMaxwell wrote:
I'm cautiously optimistic on the Pro 3. I got tired of the constrained space of tablets, and the Pro 2, with its aspect ration, is worse for comics (even though it's a bigger screen, it displays comics about the same size as the iPad). The Pro 3 is lighter than the Pro 1 and 2, slimmer, and with the new aspect ratio, the comic image will be bigger.

What I'm depressed by is how little support there is for Windows tablet in Comicrack. The actual act of reading a comic is pretty poor (in terms of the gesture support and the UI). I've mostly given up on it for my day to day reading, I use ComicJolt as my current comic reader. It's the best of the worst. Sigh.

Try Cover. Its a really good app. Also try Comic Seer. It started out rough but the developer has been updating the app like crazy to make it top notch.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Surface Pro 3: Your thoughts 3 years 2 months ago #40439

• indysgill
  • Fresh Boarder
I have a B&N Nook 9inch which is great, but was getting on in years.

Upgraded to a Samsung Pro Tab 12.2 and the comics look superb, although a little stretched due to the length of the table. Will take a little getting used to, but I am loving it so far.

Surface Pro 3: Your thoughts 3 years 2 months ago #40440

• Klyph
  • Fresh Boarder
indysgill wrote:
I have a B&N Nook 9inch which is great, but was getting on in years.

Upgraded to a Samsung Pro Tab 12.2 and the comics look superb, although a little stretched due to the length of the table. Will take a little getting used to, but I am loving it so far.

Yeah, the Tab Pro is a good tablet for comics too. I liked it, it just couldn't do what I needed. I ended up selling it on eBay. I keep my Nook at work now to read on breaks.

Surface Pro 3: Your thoughts 3 years 2 months ago #40467

• kinki42
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello, I have been using a galaxy tab 10 during many monthes with comicrack android.
I has been very nice, and I wanted a larger screen.
Then I opted either to a Galaxy Tab 12 or a Surface Pro 3
Finally the surface WON because I wanted to be able to have all comicrack functionalities....
A big error..
- The reader experience in a Windows TAB is awfull, really useless
- I don't find any sincro function to get a partial library on my tablet..

WHEN WOULD YOU PORT THE ANDROID APP TO THE WINDOWS TAB WORLD.. ??
Is this a big problem..?

Thank anyway for a so marvelous product.
For the moment I will use the COVER reader...

Surface Pro 3: Your thoughts 3 years 2 months ago #40513

• Sakkath
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Hi everybody

i'm since 2 Weeks a happy owner of a Surface 3 Pro (256GB i5)

Reading comics is great on it.
Ok not when i travel, for that i have my Nexus 7, but at home lying on the bed. it's fantastic.

best regards from Switzerland
Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't the fine line between sanity and madness gotten finer?
George Price

Surface Pro 3: Your thoughts 3 years 2 months ago #40515

• Ron
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ComicRack + Tablet = Awesome
  • Thank you received: 4
when i started with CR, my eyes were young. I still love CRA on my 10". but since i now need to wear reading glasses, my next is also a 12". i am planning on a surface 3 pro but only if i can get work to pay for it, if not the samsung 12 will be a christmas present from my kids to me, they just don't know it yet.
Hi, I'm a Marvel

Surface Pro 3: Your thoughts 2 years 11 months ago #41356

• Ascoat
  • Fresh Boarder
Looking to move off of ComicRack because my Windows tablet's supplanted my Android one. It's SO nice to have my normal Windows programs, and they all work fine on a high-res touchscreen...except CRW, which rarely recognizes my gestures and has icons 3mm wide even with DPI scaling at 250%. I suspect the touch issue is related to the high-res one: I have to tap in exactly the same place for it to recognize a double-tap, since even a millimeter or two off seems to be too many pixels.

I have Android running in an emulator, so I can use CRA but have to deal with all the emulation kinks. I've also poked around with using CRW even with its issues: I've mapped my reading controls to single-taps (with 300-pixel targets) and use the onscreen keyboard and hotkeys instead of the toolbar. It's becoming more hassle than it's worth.

If I do migrate, I'll probably use BitTorrent Sync for syncing. I don't read comics on my desktop, so automatically transferring downloaded comics to the tablet for further processing is enough for me.

Surface Pro 3: Your thoughts 2 years 10 months ago #41394

• SlapMaxwell
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
After having started off as "cautiously optimistic", I'm now 100% committed. I love having one device that does everything, and the screen is gorgeous and almost perfectly sized (it's something like 0.2 inches less tall than a comic page, and that includes the border). I'll try the other comic programs suggested here, and use ComicRack as an organization program.

I understand it's always the discretion of the guy that actually does the work, but I'm baffled why there seems to be a resistance towards CYA supporting Windows 8 correctly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thedavyg

Surface Pro 3: Your thoughts 2 years 9 months ago #41623

• thedavyg
  • Fresh Boarder
Please forgive my ignorance regarding the above comments, but I want to make sure, 100% that when I replace my current computer (using Windows 8.1) to the Surface 3, that I will be as happy with the usage of Comic Rack as I have been on both my laptop and iPad Mini (which is too small for me to actually read the words).
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Who's Online

We have 224 guests and 4 members online